Thor (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #14) [China]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 for Lenticular & 700 for 1/4 slip)
Notes: 3D+2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
WEA embossed front steelbook with WEA full height lenticular slip cover.
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group buy: HDN Blufans Marvel GB

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The back is another missed opportunity...IMO Spot gloss on the back would have made the steel perfect. Having said that still looking forward to receiving my copy. :)
It's another nice release from Blufans but it's not in the same league as a Plain Archive exclusive or a game changer in any shape or form. But you will always get the same :troll::troll: who can't see over their blufans tinted glasses posting the same responses in every BF release thread......:rolleyes::whistle::rofl:

GRAIL....GRAIL....GRAIL....:bucktooth::mooning::whistle::p:LOL::oohyeah:

I think the status of a "grail" is subjective to everyone. I put my own value on the Steelbooks I want because Impersonally like them and not because the market says that it is sought after. Believe it or not, I sold my HMV Thor because I think the Blufans is a better looking Steelbook. Sure, I like Thor's hammer on the back but I just made a decision that I only need one copy. If someone else values the HMV more than me at this point, I'm happy to sell it to them. It's more "grail" to them but not to me. It's all subjective and it's me helping out another collector.

So this is not considered as a grail anymore? ;)

Blufans did an ok job for CA, it is a nice steel but nothing insanely amazing, their effort/result do not come nearly close enough to touch
the Grail status for ''Captain America Amazon Exclusive Japan'' and ''Captain America Taiwan'' both will remain Grail Release.

For Thor, it is where it becomes a bit more challenging, as they did a wonderful Job on the Steel. I still would consider Thor Amazon Japan a Grail release but they did such a great job for the steelbook Blufans Version of Thor with the Spot Gloss that this in my Opinion will definitely affect the Market value for Thor Amazon japan. It is still one of the best version out there, the back artwork for Thor Amazon Japan is so nice, but unfortunately their effort for Thor Blufans paid off. It is quite a nice gem.

Again subjective. All down to supply and demand. Who knows Frozen UK will outsell Frozen Kimchi and Blufans.[emoji6]

Quantity does not Equal Quality. They may have sold more, but just a Steel with no extensive Artwork design for the slip. Frozen Kimchi still to this date I believe to be still one of the best release of last year, the 1/4 slip just melts into the steel and with the back artwork and the bonus cards and numbering card makes it worthy of a Kimchi Exclusive where it becomes at a higher Market Value, really nice artwork design for the 1/4 slip and Lenti. Blufans as Well, they did such a wonderful Job with the WEA Steelbook and their Lenti choice and design for each of them surpass the Quantity of amount sold for the UK version of Frozen and other country same as the UK one.
Frozen Kimchi and Blufans were limited releases and very well thought of designed packages.

As a collector, personally, I will not give a second look if I see any WWA steel of Frozen from any country with just a regular Slip like zavvi does, nothing impressive and many country have done also just plain slip box for that steel too many version that blends together with the UK one.

But Kimchi and Blufans were able to distinguish their editions and have worked the Extra mile to make it recognizable as a Kimchi and Blufans release and worthy IMO to be owned over the regular ''plain'' releases.

Blufans did an ok job for CA, it is a nice steel but nothing insanely amazing, their effort/result do not come nearly close enough to touch
the Grail status for ''Captain America Amazon Exclusive Japan'' and ''Captain America Taiwan'' both will remain Grail Release.

For Thor, it is where it becomes a bit more challenging, as they did a wonderful Job on the Steel. I still would consider Thor Amazon Japan a Grail release but they did such a great job for the steelbook Blufans Version of Thor with the Spot Gloss that this in my Opinion will definitely affect the Market value for Thor Amazon japan. It is still one of the best version out there, the back artwork for Thor Amazon Japan is so nice, but unfortunately their effort for Thor Blufans paid off. It is quite a nice gem.

Thanks for your input. For me its not a big deal if a steelbook is going to be grail or not. I just love collecting them all Marvel's steelbook :D

Reactions: Actarus
Thanks for your input. For me its not a big deal if a steelbook is going to be grail or not. I just love collecting them all Marvel's steelbook :D

As long as we collect for ourselves, what we feel it is worth to us, as a collector I believe this is what is important. Jeez if I'd have the chance to own the Amazon Japan Thor I would get it, but I prioritize and since Blufans did such an amazing Job I feel I will be satisfied with their version...

CA, they dropped the ball so the japan and Taiwan version still stand Strong IMO.

But of course as every collector we do like when our collectibles gain value.

Reactions: Dragonine
TBH I always considered Grail to mean rare and that I consider the diff active version as the most attractive

It was nothing to do with looks or amount sold etc.

Grail is something that a lot of people will want but not many will get.

For example Rambo Amazon.de uncut now that is The holiest of steelbook Grails how often is it on eBay how often is it for a decent price?

I tend to use this as bench mark for Grails status now.

That how I view Grails at least.

Reactions: psychoscot
That happens to many collectors who buy steelbooks like some kind of future valuable investment. They love to say: "hey mama look I have a $300+ steelbook". The so called "grail" age is gone for now. Too many beautiful steelbooks too many and some times better re-releases. This is the age of lentis and full slips, and if it's numbered the better....This BF THOR... for me: GRAIL! :watch:.

That happens to many collectors who buy steelbooks like some kind of future valuable investment. They love to say: "hey mama look I have a $300+ steelbook". The so called "grail" age is gone for now. Too many beautiful steelbooks too many and some times better re-releases. This is the age of lentis and full slips, and if it's numbered the better....This BF THOR... for me: GRAIL! :watch:.

Indeed too many awesome, slick, classy steel it over last couple of years it is mind boggling, The earlier Grail releases Stand Strong as they are Classics and they just happened to become Grails over time.

We do not decide what will be a grail release, Grail releases happen on their own, the simply just happen...and there will be less and less because of the amazing steels that just keep popping up all over the place, so when one will pop up as a future Grail, it won't be because people will have named it to be the next Grail .

The Next Grail Release will just ''creep up'' on us and just take us by surprise.

Reactions: lgans316
Indeed too many awesome, slick, classy steel it over last couple of years it is mind boggling, The earlier Grail releases Stand Strong as they are Classics and they just happened to become Grails over time.

We do not decide what will be a grail release, Grail releases happen on their own, the simply just happen...and there will be less and less because of the amazing steels that just keep popping up all over the place, so when one will pop up as a future Grail, it won't be because people will have named it to be the next Grail .

The Next Grail Release will just ''creep up'' on us and just take us by surprise.

Naw, I don't think the next grail "Guardians of the Galaxy" Steelbook is gonna take take us by surprise.

Reactions: charleybusko