Threads - Zavvi [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Issue #1 is available to pre-order here for £9.99.
Here at ZBOX, we’re teaming up with some of the best up-and-coming designers, writers and graphic novelists in order to bring you THREADS. For just £9.99, you will receive an exclusively designed T-Shirt and a either a book or graphic novel based around the same theme. Each month will be limited to 1000 boxes.

More info on the Threads subscription can be found here.

1.jpg

I've been tempted for a while to sign up because some months have been amazing. But the cancelled/not cancelled posts are rather offputting.

Not going to bother with pics of this month because it's really not worth it I'm afraid.

Yeah that looks like a money saving effort - mono Ghost in the Shell tee and one of those dreadful DK "Guide to XX" books (This one is DC Comics) that always end up in bargain books...

I actually think this months t-shirt looks really cool! And it's probably one a few times I like the book they've included too...

That's actually very cool

So I made a complaint because originally I ordered the Logan threads box, then after it not being sent for weeks and them telling me I won't get charged for the next editon and that they have changed their subscription process (which is bollox - they told me you don't have to cancel anymore if you get a one month sub but guess what.... I was charged)
So after waiting another week and telling them I want my money back for the next month they charged me for (ghost in the shell) they told me the Logan threads box was cancelled and no customers will receive it and that I will get refunded for both months I paid for

So then I see on here that Bigfub had received Febs (Logan) and they lied to me. So I complained saying why was I lied to when it clearly wasn't cancelled and wasted my time and took £20 off me for nothing. A team leader got involved and told me he was very sorry and he will try and get one sent to me as a goodwill offer, he then got back to me saying his "request" was denied. (I thought that was odd) so I cheekily replied "well there's always the next one you could send which looks like it could be a ghost in the shell editon"
He then replied "I will try and request it for you but this is only a request and if it's denied I will not be requesting anything else"

So I didn't bother replying because his message was quite snappy to me and was obviously a huge issue for him to provide a customer service

BUT then the other day I got a big box in the post, turns out they had sent me some mega DC box!!
To be honest I have no need for the contents but was a nice goodwill I suppose.
In the box is a
• batman arkham asylum pop vinyl - underground toys exclusive (blue cowl)
( I have a few pops but I'm fussy with them and I think there are far too many batman pops, I already have the classic look pop and the lootcrate batman/ joker variant so I have no need for this)

• batman symbol bottle opener (tbh this is my favourite item In the box, it's heavy, strong and could possibly kill - unlike batmans)

• superman wooden figure (the one with the 2 extra heads - pretty crappy tbh)

• a batgirl DC comics essentials figure - looks quite cool but I wish it was the joker lol but still cool for free but again I have no need for it

• and lastly this is one of the weirdest things I've seen related to superman - A Aardman superman classic action figure. (Its so odd, they apparently did 4 of these - supes, batman, Robin and the joker- all look very odd but the batman and robin version look quite funny - I'm not a supes fan and kinda wish it was bats but again it was free - can't grumble)

So yeah no more threads for me. Too much of a headache

But I do wish they sold the t shirts seperately after like they did with the secret soundtracks

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
That's actually very cool

So I made a complaint because originally I ordered the Logan threads box, then after it not being sent for weeks and them telling me I won't get charged for the next editon and that they have changed their subscription process (which is bollox - they told me you don't have to cancel anymore if you get a one month sub but guess what.... I was charged)
So after waiting another week and telling them I want my money back for the next month they charged me for (ghost in the shell) they told me the Logan threads box was cancelled and no customers will receive it and that I will get refunded for both months I paid for

So then I see on here that Bigfub had received Febs (Logan) and they lied to me. So I complained saying why was I lied to when it clearly wasn't cancelled and wasted my time and took £20 off me for nothing. A team leader got involved and told me he was very sorry and he will try and get one sent to me as a goodwill offer, he then got back to me saying his "request" was denied. (I thought that was odd) so I cheekily replied "well there's always the next one you could send which looks like it could be a ghost in the shell editon"
He then replied "I will try and request it for you but this is only a request and if it's denied I will not be requesting anything else"

So I didn't bother replying because his message was quite snappy to me and was obviously a huge issue for him to provide a customer service

BUT then the other day I got a big box in the post, turns out they had sent me some mega DC box!!
To be honest I have no need for the contents but was a nice goodwill I suppose.
In the box is a
• batman arkham asylum pop vinyl - underground toys exclusive (blue cowl)
( I have a few pops but I'm fussy with them and I think there are far too many batman pops, I already have the classic look pop and the lootcrate batman/ joker variant so I have no need for this)

• batman symbol bottle opener (tbh this is my favourite item In the box, it's heavy, strong and could possibly kill - unlike batmans)

• superman wooden figure (the one with the 2 extra heads - pretty crappy tbh)

• a batgirl DC comics essentials figure - looks quite cool but I wish it was the joker lol but still cool for free but again I have no need for it

• and lastly this is one of the weirdest things I've seen related to superman - A Aardman superman classic action figure. (Its so odd, they apparently did 4 of these - supes, batman, Robin and the joker- all look very odd but the batman and robin version look quite funny - I'm not a supes fan and kinda wish it was bats but again it was free - can't grumble)

So yeah no more threads for me. Too much of a headache

But I do wish they sold the t shirts seperately after like they did with the secret soundtracks
Hmm their customer service never ceases to amaze me... they could avoid so much hassle (for both themselves and obviously the customer) if they just dealt with stuff correctly in the first place. The "goodwill gesture" pretty much becomes pointless once they mess you around as much as they have done, because no amount of free tat can make up for the constant lying! Agree with you about the t-shirts anyway... as cool as they are, there's no chance I'm signing my wallet away by subscribing to their services, so it'd be cool if they sold them separately. I'm sure they'd sell a lot more of them that way too!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
@Noodles the t-shirt is ok but I'm just not a fan of white t's. The box just struck me as a little lazy and it'll be interesting to see if the same shirt appears in the anime box.

@Noodles the t-shirt is ok but I'm just not a fan of white t's. The box just struck me as a little lazy and it'll be interesting to see if the same shirt appears in the anime box.
That's fair enough then mate. And yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if they include it in the anime box either!

Reactions: bigfub
Hmm their customer service never ceases to amaze me... they could avoid so much hassle (for both themselves and obviously the customer) if they just dealt with stuff correctly in the first place. The "goodwill gesture" pretty much becomes pointless once they mess you around as much as they have done, because no amount of free tat can make up for the constant lying! Agree with you about the t-shirts anyway... as cool as they are, there's no chance I'm signing my wallet away by subscribing to their services, so it'd be cool if they sold them separately. I'm sure they'd sell a lot more of them that way too!

I know, they just had to deal with it correctly.
I only wanted a poxy t shirt and ended up with a box of tat as you put!
It's cost them more when I would of been happy with a shirt. Especially that ghost in the shell shirt.

I personally like black shirts and white shirts so it's nice to see them step away from black this month

• Thanks
@Flloydo Looks like Zavvi may have heard our cries and are now selling their shirts separately... kind of anyway.

They put up a new design each day, so it's available for 24 hours and then they replace it with a new/different one, hence "Tee of the Day".

Here's the main page for the offer anyway... https://www.zavvi.com/clothing/brands/t-junkie/tee-of-the-day.list?

Ha, well what-da-ya-know

If Logan pops up and I have the funds I'll jump on it. Same with blade runner

The Asgard shirt was definitely in a ZBox or Threads last year as I've got one at home.

Yeah it defo was, I remember seeing unboxing vids

Reactions: bigfub
The Asgard shirt was definitely in a ZBox or Threads last year as I've got one at home.
Ha, well what-da-ya-know

If Logan pops up and I have the funds I'll jump on it. Same with blade runner

Yeah it defo was, I remember seeing unboxing vids
Same here... I'll definitely be all over the Blade Runner one! :thumbs:

I'm not sure if they're all going to be from past Threads or ZBOX's though, because yesterday's was the one below, which I don't believe was part of a previously released subscription box...

C9M7gplW0AAQzNo.jpg

The shirt was titled The Thing, but I can't figure out if it's supposed to actually be connected to the film(s) in any way. :confused:

Still, I look forward to seeing what other designs they have on offer... some new/exclusive ones would be cool. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and bigfub
Same here... I'll definitely be all over the Blade Runner one! :thumbs:

I'm not sure if they're all going to be from past Threads or ZBOX's though, because yesterday's was the one below, which I don't believe was part of a previously released subscription box...

View attachment 305683

The shirt was titled The Thing, but I can't figure out if it's supposed to actually be connected to the film(s) in any way. :confused:

Still, I look forward to seeing what other designs they have on offer... some new/exclusive ones would be cool. :D

It's odd that it's one a day! And not a week or something. How many designs do they have!

Then what happens to them?

Before I scrolled down to you saying it's the thing I actually thought the day after tomorrow but couldn't work out the why the triangle
It's ok but not great.

Hopefully something drive or something wes Anderson

• Thanks
It's odd that it's one a day! And not a week or something. How many designs do they have!

Then what happens to them?

Before I scrolled down to you saying it's the thing I actually thought the day after tomorrow but couldn't work out the why the triangle
It's ok but not great.

Hopefully something drive or something wes Anderson
Hmm good point... maybe they'll eventually just start reselling previous designs again if they do run out.

I actually thought they were astronauts when I first saw it lol. I've no idea what the triangle is about either, especially if it is supposed to be connected the film.

Make sure you tag me like a crazy man if they ever put a Drive one up!! :woot:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I absolutely love today's t shirt

I have a thing for foxes anyway (not real Ones - they are scummy) but I think it stems back to reading fantastic mr fox as a kid and Sir Didymus from labyrinth

Anyway I can't afford it today but it looks like they still sell them after and all the tee of the day is one Shirt they pick a day to have 47% off the price and you can buy this from other places anyway
image.jpeg