War for the Planet of the Apes (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: November 27th , 2017
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
01-397956.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously cannot fathom why a studio would release a successful big budget blockbuster movie without the mention of its name anywhere on the actual product... is there even a logical/financial reason to it, or are they genuinely just that ignorant when it comes to steelbooks?

P.S. The note about there being a title on the spine has now been removed from the OP due to the source not being as reliable as we first assumed.

I seriously cannot fathom why a studio would release a successful big budget blockbuster movie without the mention of its name anywhere on the actual product... is there even a logical/financial reason to it, or are they genuinely just that ignorant when it comes to steelbooks?

P.S. The note about there being a title on the spine has now been removed from the OP due to the source not being as reliable as we first assumed.

It's a cost saving exercise, pure and simple. What a way to reward fans that are already paying extra for the privilege of owning the steelbook version :rolleyes:

It's a cost saving exercise, pure and simple. What a way to reward fans that are already paying extra for the privilege of owning the steelbook version :rolleyes:
That doesn't surprise me to be honest... but how much money can it really be saving them? At the end of the day they'll be losing sales due to it, because the steelbook now looks trash. :wtf:

I wonder if the J-card will have sides on with the title?

Seems we get Disney to include titles but then other studios decide to take them off.

Its disappointing that the first movie has a dodgy printed back, the Second movie has a really nice steelbook and the third has no title and looks completely different in style to the previous two, at least they are consistently inconsistent :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
I absolutely love these movies but cant believe the direction they have taken this steel in.....a complete U turn compared to the other two! Cant wait for FAs releases! They are looking awesome from the facebook page and concepts Jan is uploading!

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
The only reason I am keeping my pre-order is we are getting a fully loaded edition at a reasonable price. Asian retailers can release the same and dress it up but I would imagine it costing nearly double which I am not ready to pay. So it is a no brainer for someone like me who recently bought a 4K UHD player.

Still keeping an eye on the FAC editions of the trilogy. Hope that goes through.

Just cancelled this

Can’t bare no spine titles anymore

Really does look like someone too high up has let their 8 year old play with a photo app. "Well done Johnny, we'll use that".

Oh boy.

I think the reason is: the different languages. They won't bother making multiple Steelbooks. Only Warner seems to be doing that these days.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I think the reason is: the different languages. They won't bother making multiple Steelbooks. Only Warner seems to be doing that these days.
You're probably right, but it's a pretty ridiculous reason if true... all that money they make, and they're being tight about spending some extra change on the spine title. :rolleyes: