Who wants to see "New Release" Mondo SteelBooks in the USA?

Do you want "new release" Mondo Blu-ray SteelBooks in the USA?

• YES

Votes: 298 89.2%
  • NO

Votes: 36 10.8%

• Total voters

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Guys I've seen some art and slips that are literally "out of this world". PA quality. However I hear it's hard to get US studios on board for new releases as they don't know if there is enough interest. So here's your chance to show your interest and just like threads in the past I'll pass this on to my contacts.

For those of you who don't live in the USA just keep in mind that most studios in the USA have studios in other Countries so if successful here the sooner you will see it in your Country.

And of course you can always obtain copies from other HDN members via Group Buys.

mods: I'll move this to Mondo SteelBook section in a day or 2.

Every party needs a pooper. Same thing happens every time, just like with the Scream Factory steelbook poll.

Pirates of the Caribbean are Steelbooks I will never get, but I know some people like them and those movies. If there was a poll on whether or not they should be available I simply wouldn't vote at all because those are steelbook that wouldn't apply to me, or I would vote yes to help those who would want it. For me to vote NO would mean I'm intentionally trying to help others NOT get one, and that's silly. Why would anyone intentionally want someone to NOT get something they want, something as simple a s steelbook? WOW people. Let's remember what it means to be a human being here. We're talking about owning a movie, this isn't proposition laws or a president we are voting for here :|

Yes please

alien.jpeg

I'm not in the U.S but i gave a positive response because i think Wreck's
reasoning is bang on!!!! Even if they are Stateside, they would benefit all
Ninja's who will have access via GBs as usual, or trade. And it may well
be that the various other art houses in other countries would take note and
start producing interesting Steels. The higher the profile, the more chance that
the Mega studios will get on board. And for purists who worry about our favourite
collectible being diluted by the market being swamped, i doubt that would happen
because it's far from a mainstream past time. That's only from my perspective:)

Reactions: digitalbabe
WAIT A MINUTE! So far the comments I heard from the "NO" people are simply because they wouldn't buy them because they don't buy Mondo steelbooks. Then why are you in here voting? I don't get it. You will intentionally vote against something people want when it's something you can just avoid? That makes no sense. I thought you guys would have a more solid reason for voting no, such as because you want to feel like youre part of a more exclusive group that has one (which is a greedy NO, but an honest reason at least). I don't buy butterfinger at the store, but if other people want it, cool, I don't vote against them having it just because I can vote :|

Lets be smart, people. "I wouldn't buy them" aint gonna cut it as a reason to vote no, and I say those votes should be stricken from the poll. I wouldn't buy A LOT of the steelbooks we DO get in the USA, doesn't mean I'm against them being available to those who do want them.
People are entitled to vote whatever way they want regardless of the reason. Truthful voting is better than fake praise. [emoji4]

People are entitled to vote whatever way they want regardless of the reason. Truthful voting is better than fake praise.
emoji4.png

Yes, and you are in the UK, just like the two people who liked your comment are as well. So like I said, voting NO for those of us in the US to have it seems kinda low or pointless for the reasons given. I'm still waiting for one logical reason, and so far only I came up with one possible reason to defend them, lol. This thread seems based for those in the US, so to see some who are not in the US in here voting NO seems silly and selfish. I don't go to UK and say they shouldnt have the things we in the US have. But to each their own.

But then again, at 90% to 10% our argument seems kind of moot at this point anyway, just making a point.

Reactions: nkb32 and keyjey
Yes, and you are in the UK, just like the two people who liked your comment are as well. So like I said, voting NO for those of us in the US to have it seems kinda low or pointless for the reasons given. I'm still waiting for one logical reason, and so far only I came up with one possible reason to defend them, lol. This thread seems based for those in the US, so to see some who are not in the US in here voting NO seems silly and selfish. I don't go to UK and say they shouldnt have the things we in the US have. But to each their own.

But then again, at 90% to 10% our argument seems kind of moot at this point anyway, just making a point.

1. I voted yes!

2. Stating that only people from a certain country should vote on matters relating to products in that country on an international website with huge international membership that has bought considerable amounts of Mondo's products through group buys is HILARIOUS!!!!!!

3. This poll is for EVERYONE on this site to have some input as the steelbook community is worldwide, not just American. Many of those saying yes aren't from the US so whats your problem if a few say no?

Reactions: snooloui and Threat
1. I voted yes!

2. Stating that only people from a certain country should vote on matters relating to products in that country on an international website with huge international membership that has bought considerable amounts of Mondo's products through group buys is HILARIOUS!!!!!!

3. This poll is for EVERYONE on this site to have some input as the steelbook community is worldwide, not just American. Many of those saying yes aren't from the US so whats your problem if a few say no?

I didn't say ONLY, I just wanted to hear the reasons why they voted no, and so far I only saw "because I don't buy them". There's lots of things I don't buy personally, that doesn't mean I dont want them available to those who may want those things.

I also didn't insist you voted No, I kind of felt you were on the Yes side.

I for the most part agree with you. Wreck did ask for everyones opinion to see who is interested. So those voting no for whatever reason are technically not wrong to do so. However common sense would be to hold your opinion and not further detriment those who are excited about it, no matter how minimal the effects are, since like you said, all you have to do is not purchase if you dont want. I for one am not interested in modo steelbooks but I still voted yes because I would like to see the US step outside the box for once with steelbooks and who am I to try and prevent what the majority wants when its not going to affect me one way or the other. Could have easily voted no but did the opposite for the greater good.

I also wondered why votes from outside the US would matter, but its was obvious the majority would say yes. So them being involved only helps the situation, regardless of a few no's coming from across the pond.

I didn't say ONLY, I just wanted to hear the reasons why they voted no, and so far I only saw "because I don't buy them". There's lots of things I don't buy personally, that doesn't mean I dont want them available to those who may want those things.

I also didn't insist you voted No, I kind of felt you were on the Yes side.

Theres 2 main reasons some might vote no. One is the fact that not everyone likes Mondo art, and two is the fact that so far except one release all have been region locked "Not the best way to start a collection that appeals internationally, especially when competitors try and go for region free more than they do region locked" But thats more down to the companies that Futureshop/Best buy have so far done deals with. Expand that out to the likes of Paramount and Disney and it's less of a problem.

Personally I will continue to buy, but would have loved to have seen Mondo steels being taken over by a company that want these products to be on an international level. Which with Best Buy not even shipping outside the US isn't going to happen.

Reactions: Threat
I for the most part agree with you. Wreck did ask for everyones opinion to see who is interested. So those voting no for whatever reason are technically not wrong to do so. However common sense would be to hold your opinion and not further detriment those who are excited about it, no matter how minimal the effects are, since like you said, all you have to do is not purchase if you dont want. I for one am not interested in modo steelbooks but I still voted yes because I would like to see the US step outside the box for once with steelbooks and who am I to try and prevent what the majority wants when its not going to affect me one way or the other. Could have easily voted no but did the opposite for the greater good.

I also wondered why votes from outside the US would matter, but its was obvious the majority would say yes. So them being involved only helps the situation, regardless of a few no's coming from across the pond.
Yes. I'm not a big Mondo collector myself. So far I've only gotten Looper and awaiting Dredd. But like you said, it's different and I know there are collectors out here who would like it, so I'm all for it. Even if I only get 1 out of 10.

The point is, we all in this section are STEELBOOK COLLECTORS! Therefore we all have collections of steelbooks, some the same, some different. But in the end, we are all obtaining the same type of thing. So why would ANY OF US want to take away from the other? That's my point. We're all in this together, even if some of us get different movies, or different art, they are still steelbooks regardless, something each of us have grown to like, love, or simply just want to have a collection of.

So you're in New Zealand and want a BestBuy exclusive only sold in the US? Cool, lets make that happen so that person gets what he wants. Not "Sorry son, US only! My collection is superior because I have it and you don't, ne-ner-ne-ner."

I've deleted my vote. I think the USA needs more steelbooks, as long as I'm not forced CHOOSE between Mondo steelbook or NO steelbook. If I've got two options, fine. You can have Mondo. I'll take WWA.

• Informative
Reactions: Dano