Would you buy a Steelbook if it has foreign words on the cover?

yes of course, and if i forget what the movie is called i use google translate lol, i prefer to have asian than german writing to be honest, it just looks nicer in my opinion. love the taiwan slips.

I'm french but I prefer when all text are in english on steelbooks.
I'm also found of asian symbols too ;)

I dont like foreign titles and printed backs in foreign. Hence how i only have 1 non uk steel....the thing remake french version. Textless steel and a gorgeous design.

Well i don't like foreign language except for english on my steels but i also don't like if there is anything in addition to the title. The only Steel i made an exception for was Looper FR cause it looks freaking good and its only small font its not that visible-

Of course, in my case, most of them are in a foreign language but I always prefer the English languaje and for me, editions in other languages ​​such as German seem less attractive, especially if the back comes with text printed instead of jcard :angry:

91NsnH-y6nL._SL300_.jpg

Yup, I love many international covers. But it depends on the title. Sometimes it just doesn't work for me.

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

I no longer buy English movies with foreign titles.

I've also stopped buying French (and older German) releases because of the reversed spine. Sort of regret getting Wolverine and the FNAC versions of Avatar and Prometheus, for that matter.

Last edited:
my rules:

- subtitles can be foreign as long as main title is in English (ex. Terminator 3 German steelbook is fine)
- even if front cover title is English, the spine title must be as well (ex. Side Effects Japan steelbook is a no-go)
- back cover text language doesn`t matter
- front cover text other then the title is acceptable in the situation that it is the only steelbook worldwide (ex. Premium Rush Germany) or has much better artwork then other options (ex. Man Of Steel Germany)