Would you buy a Steelbook if it has foreign words on the cover?

It all depends on the artwork. I prefer to be able to read the title or text, but if the artwork is amazing then I'll buy it no matter the language on it.

Yes, I've got one that has some German on the cover (Sin City Recut) and another that has some French, I don't mind too much provided I like the overall design.

Depends, if it has foreign text and a printed back then most of the time I won't unless it was very cheap to acquire then yes, yes I would.

A while back i would have said never, but i eased up a little. As long as its not a huge distraction and there are no better alternatives, i will make the exception, but yes it's not ideal.

I don't like the foreign steelbooks that have amaray style backs, with lots of foreign writing, too much clutter for a steelbook, they should leave that on the J-Card.

Absolutely for me. I'm an unashamed culture vulture and positively embrace foreign editions in all their authentic glory. I would like to start a sub collection of exclusive and standard editions (which are always beautifully designed) from Asian retailers, as their packaging for standard releases (including slip covers/ boxes) pretty much always trumps the UK/US equivalent.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Depends on overall design and art, some foreign texts can look gorgeous especially Asian.

Agree with this, amazon.co.jp's 'Holy Motors', love it...

52b4wm.jpg

I just buy the UK releases. I feel like I can properly appreciate them. I don't know why, but even US/Canadian/other English-speaking countries' releases don't cut it either. I'm just not interested for some reason. :dunno:

For me every Steelbook has foreign text on the cover, so what's the point lol. Not even Brazilian movies have their Steelbook versions with the original title =(.

Anyway, I prefer the original title or in English. But sometimes Asian or other language look awesome, so I may end up getting them as well.

Not a fan of non english print steels. Also not a fan of UK steels that have the age limit text on the binder and front, unless it is stated it's stickers you can peal off. Heck, I sold Avatar UK edition due to the printed age text and later got a German Lenti.

Seems so limiting to say you won't buy a steelbook/bluray just because there's foreign text.

If it's a beautiful edition of a movie I really love, of course I'll buy it--who cares what language it is? I actually like looking at my collection and seeing a couple German blurays, plenty of Korean steels, several Chinese steels and now I've got a couple French editions incoming. I welcome the diversity.

Seems so limiting to say you won't buy a steelbook/bluray just because there's foreign text.

If it's a beautiful edition of a movie I really love, of course I'll buy it--who cares what language it is? I actually like looking at my collection and seeing a couple German blurays, plenty of Korean steels, several Chinese steels and now I've got a couple French editions incoming. I welcome the diversity.

100% agree! :)

Sometimes you don't have a choice. I got Pompeii on steelbook from Italy. It was the only steelbook release in all of Europe.
Likewise the Transporter Trilogy from France.