#002 Boyhood (Variant Edition) (Mondo Blu-ray Steelbook) (WEA Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: January 6th, 2015
Purchase Link: Future Shop.ca
Price: $34.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir

Some of the features of the VARIANT Blu-ray SteelBook:
•Packaged in a sleeve printed with an alternative colour arrangement of Tomer’s illustrations for Boyhood
•Hand-numbered as Mondo x SteelBook X out of 2000 copies
•Contains 16 page booklet about the movie
•Mondo X SteelBook series #002
•A rearrangement of Tomer Hanuka's beautifully illustrated artwork on the outside, inside, discs, and digital insert
•The artwork is lovingly finished with detailed gloss and satin varnishes
•Featuring a gorgeous white layer which will instantly engage you with main character, Mason’s eyes
•Each piece has been personally designed by Mondo from the front cover to the discs
•Includes all of the same features as the standard edition

m2215360.jpg

m2215360_1.jpgm2215360_2.jpgm2215360_3.jpg
m2215360_4.jpgm2215360_5.jpgm2215360_6.jpg

Hi-Def Ninja Exclusive video:

Synopsis:
Filmed over 12 years with the same cast, Richard Linklater's Boyhood is a groundbreaking story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a child named Mason (Ellar Coltrane), who literally grows up on screen before our eyes. Starring Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette as Mason's parents and newcomer Lorelei Linklater as his sister Samantha, Boyhood charts the rocky terrain of childhood like no other film has before and is both a nostalgic time capsule of the recent past and an ode to growing up and parenting. [IFC Films]

Metacritic Score: 100 based on 40 critics
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1065073/criticreviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt
mondo-png.117779

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not seen it yet, but I'm a fan Linklater & Tomer Hanuka's artwork. Groundbreaking film for sure. I'm really intrigued with variant runs of steelbooks like they do with prints. :)

Reactions: TobinFrost
I'm confused by the term "variant edition". I hope that doesn't mean that Mondo will start releasing two colour schemes for each SteelBook like they do with their prints -- one regular, one variant.

I guess I'll wait for the official announcement tomorrow!

This movie is currently one of the best of the year and holds a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes. I personally think that this movie does not deserve a Mondo steelbook release however, just my opinion.

Reactions: Bagman99
I guess we'll find out at the announcement, but maybe by "variant edition" it means that they have chosen the variant edition of the poster as the artwork rather than the regular release edition, instead of meaning there is a regular and a variant edition of the steel? Either way that is definitely a variant edition of the Mondo poster anyway, the regular version has more colour and a green background behind his face.