May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: May 26th, 2015
Purchase link: Dredd 3D Mondo X SteelBook
Price: $24.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes: High gloss with satin finish per @Wreck and could be Region A locked

More PICS HERE
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/05/06/first-look-exclusive-dredd-mondo-blu-ray-steelbook/

HDN Exclusive Preview Video

DreddMondoSteelBook1.jpg

00full.jpg

00.jpg01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

Official announcement by HDN
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/04/14/dredd-3d-mondo-blu-ray-steelbook-announced/

Last edited by a moderator:
@zerox39 Will this release be delayed in order to change the future shop logo for the Best Buy one on the covers?
Boyhood only had Mondo Steelbook on the front, perhaps they will do the rest like that. I think it will look a lot better than printing best buy exclusive on them. That would mess up the continuity.

It's a popular title, that's what I meant by people liking it. Just for clarification there isn't any HDN involvement in the steel itself. Except us announcing etc. Just figured I'd mention so folks don't get that impression as a lot of you have been PMing me asking if it's an Hi-Def Ninja Mondo SteelBook. It's not. Would love that, maybe some day... anyways stay tuned, keep collecting, and scratch that itch for your next SteelBook. :)

It's a popular title, that's what I meant by people liking it. Just for clarification there isn't any HDN involvement in the steel itself. Except us announcing etc. Just figured I'd mention so folks don't get that impression as a lot of you have been PMing me asking if it's an Hi-Def Ninja Mondo SteelBook. It's not. Would love that, maybe some day... anyways stay tuned, keep collecting, and scratch that itch for your next SteelBook. :)

I know it will be The Avengers...;)

I'm a little confused , it says the mystery 5th , isn't this the 6th mondo release ? Drive , looper , Rambo 1st blood , boyhood and up and coming pans labranth , that's 5 if I'm correct or Ive I missed something?

We have been provided with two clues as to the identity of this release.

The first is cryptic.

The second is factual.

It's a popular title, that's what I meant by people liking it.

Taken together, the two clues indicate a popular film which deals with a futuristic event, coming sooner than anticipated by virtue of its forthcoming Steelbook release.

If we eliminate the titles that it can't be, specifically those from studios other than eOne and Mongrel, the only two studios currently participating in the Mondo Steelbook collection, there remain two contenders.

Assuming the futuristic event is the Judgement Day, the first of the contending titles is from the eOne catalogue.

judgment-is-coming.jpg

The play on words in the original post, "It's coming sooner than you think" mirrors the tagline of the "Dredd" poster, "Judgment is coming". @apsmith21 has clearly picked up on this, as he was the first here to predict that the forthcoming release will be "Dredd".

There is, however, a second title in contention from the Mongrel catalogue.

muller-terminator-2-judgement-day-poster-graphic-design-mystery-box-studios-detail-2.png

If it was merely the play on words then I would put my money on "Dredd".

However, @Wreck has emphasised the popularity of the new release and "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" is undoubtedly the most popular title in the combined catalogues of both eOne and Mongrel.

Added to that fact is the timing of this release, which coincides with the re-booting of the franchise by the theatrical release this Summer of "Terminator Genisys". Film studios love any opportunity to cash in, as evidenced by Fox/MGM's forthcoming Steelbook re-releases of the original film, "The Terminator".

So, I'm going to have to hedge my bets. I do hope, however, that it will be "Terminator 2: Judgment Day", especially if the artwork resembles this.

terminator2.jpg

I guess we'll be finding out one way or another very soon. Whichever title it is, however, I shall be getting it.

Attachments

• muller-terminator-2-judgement-day-poster-graphic-design-mystery-box-studios-detail-2.png
    muller-terminator-2-judgement-day-poster-graphic-design-mystery-box-studios-detail-2.png
    275 KB · Views: 132
Dredd is my guess but are they likely to go back to back with Jock art? if so that would maybe explain the close proximity of announcing 004 and teasing 005
Now this is a hell of a reach.. but if 005 is 'Dredd'.. I wonder if that explains the delay with Zavvi's proposed 'Dredd' steelbook. Like, maybe they wanted to use Jock's art for it but Mondo/Jock said nay.

Reactions: karma2578