2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: April 27th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.com (Live at 9 am GMT Sat 2/28)
Price: £14.99

Note: Limited to 2000 copies

2001_21.jpg

2001_31.jpg 2001_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't like that silver and I'm expecting mine tomorrow. How hard is it to show it's silver on their sight. Imagine ordering a nice white pair of trainers from Nike and pair of silver space sneakers turn up. Why is that deemed ok with steelbooks?

Reactions: lolwut
Ok, arrived today, here are some pics, first post Sealed and Next post Unsealed.

It is a Matte finish, it is bare silver with a very light grey paint printed to highlight details, the 2001 is embossed.

It does feel cheap, the back shows up the typical streaky finish. The ratings logo is a sticker, and the J card is paper with 3 blobs of sticky glue on.

There is no spot glossing anywhere.

I am VERY disappointed in this, It looks nothing like the mockup images, but will keep as I don't own 2001 already.

P1050030.JPG P1050031.JPG P1050032.JPG P1050033.JPG

Thanks for the great pics guys. :thumbs:

The fact it's matte doesn't bother me so much, but it's a big shame that it's not actually white. It still looks fairly nice though IMO... and I love the orange. Hopefully mine turns up tomorrow!

The one time I cave in after my anti-Zavvi stance for the last couple of years, and I get served up with this sub par offering. Man, Zavvi really are the pits.

Reactions: lolwut