2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: April 27th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.com (Live at 9 am GMT Sat 2/28)
Price: £14.99

Note: Limited to 2000 copies

2001_21.jpg

2001_31.jpg 2001_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just requested a refund... Finally seen it in the flesh and it looks really cheap, and the title is quite off centre on the spine which bugs me!!! Might pick it up when it gets around the £6.99 mark!

Well come the 50th anniversary in three years time I'm hoping for the original iconic poster artwork. No not the Starchild one. Till then I shall bide my time. Needless to say this is in my top ten of all time. No not this steelbook or the abysmal previous. The film I mean

The silver isn't so bad, it's certainly better than the silver effect on the likes of Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning.

However, it has taken an image from the film where the interior of the ship is white. Very white. 2001 is a film that deals with very stark colours, reds, greens, blacks and white. Not grey which is how the front of the steelbook really comes across.

It's a shame really as had Warner gone with a bright white and gloss finish it would have looked amazing.

I would have prefered no border/embossing and white. If it comes back in stock at a low price (who knows with zavvi) I'll grab a copy but I won't cry if I don't get one.

I contacted Zavvi about the dent in my steelbook. The packaging was fine so this happened prior to shipping. Instead of a replacement they offered me a 10% refund.. What is wrong with this company?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    889 KB · Views: 146
I contacted Zavvi about the dent in my steelbook. The packaging was fine so this happened prior to shipping. Instead of a replacement they offered me a 10% refund.. What is wrong with this company?

Mate that's shocking as per usual with them ,had the same issue with King Kong ,offered 10% discount so I sent it back. Got zero for my time and petrol money ,their customer service is just abysmal .