Iron Man 3 (3D) - In theaters May 3, 2013

How do you rate Iron Man 3 (5 is best, 1 worst)?

• 1-Horrible

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • 2-Bad but not worst I've seen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-Bearable, eh

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • 4-Pretty good!

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • 5-I loved it!

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Didn't see it yet

• Not interested in seeing it

• 1-Horrible

• 3-Bearable, eh

• 4-Pretty good!

• 5-I loved it!

• Didn't see it yet

• 1-Horrible

• 3-Bearable, eh

• 4-Pretty good!

• 5-I loved it!

• Didn't see it yet

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From IMDB:
The plot is unknown at this time. Rumor has it Tony Stark/Iron Man will head to China to face his toughest opponent, Mandarin.
With: Robert Downey Jr., Guy Pearce, Cobie Smulders, Gwyneth Paltrow, Paul Bettany, Rebecca Hall, Ben Kingsley, Jon Favreau, Don Cheadle and more....

Trailer:
[media=youtube]5EjG-1U3wqA[/media]

Old infos:
im3q.png

Per Firstshowing:
Earlier this month we heard Lethal Weapon writer and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang director Shane Black was in contention to helm Iron Man 3, the next installment in the lucrative comic book sequel. While his directing the project was far from a sure thing at the time, apparently Marvel likes what Black is bringing to the table and Deadline reports the filmmaker is currently in final negotiations to direct the blockbuster sequel. Though initially it was said that Black would also write the script, apparently the details remains to be confirmed. But considering how well Black worked with Robert Downey Jr. in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, I have high hopes.

Of course, there's a bit of a concern since the only film in Black's filmography is the aforementioned dark noir comedy, but Jon Favreau hadn't directed any action tentpoles either before taking on Iron Man. There's still no news on when Iron Man 3 may start production, and a release date isn't being set prematurely either, so it's unclear how soon Black will begin working for Marvel. Right now he's working on Doc Savage for Sony and he was recently linked to an American adaptation of the Japanese manga series Death Note. Even with those projects in line, this will undoubtedly be Black's biggest project to date.
Older discussions:
- Favreau not directing Iron Man 3
- Jon Favreau Wants the Mandarin For Iron Man 3 Villain; Will the Film Be 3D?

Attachments

• robert-downey-jr-iron-man-3-teaser-trailer-poster.jpg
    robert-downey-jr-iron-man-3-teaser-trailer-poster.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 300
  • im3poster.jpg
    im3poster.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,089
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hussun
Downey Jr. Talks Iron Man 3

Even with just a brief teaser and some set photos, Marvel is making it feel like The Avengers is the end-all-be-all of their superhero movies. But for the people involved, many are already onto the next thing. And for Robert Downey Jr., that means Iron Man 3, which has a predetermined release date of May 3, 2013. In an interview with the Los Angeles Times Hero Complex, Tony Stark himself said he and writer/director Shane Black are on the same page about the film offered this summary:

My sense of it is that we need to leave it all on the field — whatever that means in the end. You can pick several different points of departure for that.

In his interview with Hero Complex, Downey Jr. – of course – was continually as vague as that above statement. The film has to raise the bar, right? And even as Shane Black is currently hammering out the script, Downey Jr. said that the film would probably not (emphasis on the “probably”) be as tongue-in-cheek as the pair’s last collaboration, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang:

The thing about Shane is that it will be anything but one of those moments, unless we come up with something that is so cheeky and character-driven and perfect that it has to be in the movie.

He also suggested their experiences on that film cemented their experiences, so far, on Iron Man 3:

He’s more than the sum of his parts and he’s also kind of been a sleeper for a long time. We’re not talking much about [the script] right now because Shane is off writing and we talked before that and when we are talking again the talking is going to be over pretty quick [because we're on the same page]. It’s kind of like we’re fighting on the same side and at the same time we’re circling each other, so it’s all great. It should be great.

Emphasis on the “should” because the script is still being written. But, either way, Downey Jr. doesn’t see the transition from Favreau to Black to be that major of a deal:

Bringing in Shane Black to write and direct ‘Iron Man 3? to me is basically the only transition from Favreau to a ‘next thing’ that Favreau and the audience and Marvel and I could ever actually sign off on.

Head over to the Los Angeles Times Hero Complex to read more, including some allusion to the fact that Downey Jr. now admits Iron Man 2 had issues.

I am just hoping that Shane Black can bring the same quality of work that Favreau delivered with the previous two films. It would be a shame to see this third one tank. :ohno:

I too was a bit dissapointed with the second one. Expected a bit more action and not digging into the Tony Stark character so much....We'll see what the third one will bring.....But Iron Man is definitely my favourite Marvel hero....

I wasn't really a fan of the second one...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I too was a bit dissapointed with the second one. Expected a bit more action and not digging into the Tony Stark character so much....We'll see what the third one will bring.....But Iron Man is definitely my favourite Marvel hero....

I loved the second movie it was great imo.The character was shown to have the drinking problem which was big for him in the comics but it wasn't as badd as it was in the comics.

The third movie i will love to see as long as the visuals are up to par.

Having Shane Black involved is a big plus in my book. And Iron Man 2 was still pretty good compared to some other franchises. Would definitely like to see what they can do with a third.

From Comic Book Movies:

theavengerssliceironman.jpg
Recently, we heard that Ben Kingsley was in talks to play the villain in Marvel Studios' third Iron Man film, which begins production next month in North Carolina. Now, Variety reports that Guy Pearce - who recently starred in Lockout and will soon be seen in Ridley Scott's Prometheus - is in final talks to join the cast of Iron Man 3. Pearce will play the geneticist Aldrich Killian. Shane Black is directing the film, which also stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle. Walt Disney Pictures is distributing with Marvel Studios.

The movie will be loosely based on Warren Ellis' "Extremis" storyline (which also influenced the first movie). In the books, Killian co-created the Extremis technology that Iron Man adopts after Killian sells it to terrorists.

What blows my mind is that "Hawkins" from Predator will be directing this movie.

You know what they said about his girlfriend and that house... :hilarious:

(didn't realize he was a DC fan!)

hawkins3.jpg

Man taking Favreau off this project... I dunno. The 2nd one while good wasn't even close to the 1st one so the 3rd one needs to go out with a bang or all anyone will remember is the 1st Iron Man movie.

Shane Black has but one movie directed in his corner.... Risky move to have him write and direct the 3rd movie of this franchise. I hope he does really well though and proves doubters like me wrong, lol.

Man taking Favreau off this project... I dunno. The 2nd one while good wasn't even close to the 1st one so the 3rd one needs to go out with a bang or all anyone will remember is the 1st Iron Man movie.

Shane Black has but one movie directed in his corner.... Risky move to have him write and direct the 3rd movie of this franchise. I hope he does really well though and proves doubters like me wrong, lol.

wait, what?When did they say there was only going to be 3 movies?

wait, what?When did they say there was only going to be 3 movies?

It's been widely known that Favreu is no longer attached to Iron Man

That's such a risky move though. I liked what the what was done in the first two movies so obviously a drastic change will be a hit or miss.