Anchor Bay 2014 Wave (Blu-ray SteelBooks) [USA]

Jan 19, 2014

Attachments

• AnchorBay__111217000648.jpg
    AnchorBay__111217000648.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Barnes & Noble will have these in store. May take a look tomorrow, to see if I can take advantage of their B2G1 deal currently.

Reactions: mlmaier84
Got Steve Austin in the mail via bubble mailer. Small ding on a corner and a missing paint on the other

If you have a sometimes questionable taste in movies due to them being in a steelbook, gimme a "Hell Yeah!"
0sb2.jpg

Last edited:
* I have been eye balling the LOTR Trilogy Slip Box for a while at best buy for $99.00. I wanted to put all three Steelbooks inside. Anyway, I did score a LOTR Trilogy slip box at BB today for $49.99!!!!!!!!! They only had one left and it is very good condition. SOLD

That LOTR set has been available for $35 or $39 many times in past.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I wonder if Barnes & Noble will have these in store. May take a look tomorrow, to see if I can take advantage of their B2G1 deal currently.

I went to check at my store today and they did not have them. A buddy of mine checked his store (in a different state), and they didn't have them either. I asked if the B2G1 sale would work if they ordered the items to the store for me and they said it wouldn't. Hope this has been helpful :thumbs:

Reactions: darczap
I went to check at my store today and they did not have them. A buddy of mine checked his store (in a different state), and they didn't have them either. I asked if the B2G1 sale would work if they ordered the items to the store for me and they said it wouldn't. Hope this has been helpful :thumbs:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably stop and check only because I pass it on my way home from work. Not too hopefull but it can't hurt to check.

Reactions: mlmaier84
Got Steve Austin in the mail via bubble mailer. Small ding on a corner and a missing paint on the other

If you have a sometimes questionable taste in movies due to them being in a steelbook, gimme a "Hell Yeah!"

0sb2.jpg

OH HELL YEAH :scat:

my US buddy ordered me a copy from B&N. He also said he rung customer services to see if they can package his order (my SCSA steel plus a couple from the wave that he ordered for himself) in a box and they told him that they would pass it on to packaging.

Reactions: dfoles
OH HELL YEAH :scat:

my US buddy ordered me a copy from B&N. He also said he rung customer services to see if they can package his order (my SCSA steel plus a couple from the wave that he ordered for himself) in a box and they told him that they would pass it on to packaging.

Terrible packaging, but to my surprise, they don't look dented EEK!
...spine slashes on all 3 though :angry:
I guess I'm headed to B&N to see if I can exchange them in-store :p

-Rod

Reactions: Jb162009
I saw Django at my local Walmart along with the Reel Heroes, and some futurepaks.
k5e3.jpg

[EDIT]Busted image ^
7snml.jpg

Last edited:
Then 4 next to Django: Saving Private Ryan, Star Trek, Transformers something, World War Z

The only one that is a FuturePak would have been WWZ. All the others are just old stock from the MetalPak wave from what a year or so ago.
I don't even know if WWZ is considered at FP yet. Even though they changed the name there really isn't anything indicting them to be FP's. sadly.

Back on topic, mine didn't have any of the Anchor Bay ones out. All they had was a few of the former BB Lionsgate ones and the mix and match of the Wave 1 and 2 of the Uni Reel Heroes ones.:(

Last edited:
Reactions: dfoles
I live in Houston, TX and all I've seen between 3 BB's and 1 Walmart is a handful of the WB steels at each of the BB's. I usually have NO PROBLEMS finding steelbooks. Most of the time if any BB's in the US have steels, these stores have them. I haven't even seen the Reel Heroes setup. A ninja buddy of mine lives in Nowhereville, Ohio and his BB has all the reel heroes and the anchor bays. It's just odd. Curious who and how they decided which stores to put these in. Checking 2 more BB's and 1 more Walmart tonight. If they don't have them, then I'll have to put my faith in Amazon, unfortunately.

EDIT- Went to the other stores and still nothing...

Last edited:
Reactions: mike21a
I live in Houston, TX and all I've seen between 3 BB's and 1 Walmart is a handful of the WB steels at each of the BB's. I usually have NO PROBLEMS finding steelbooks. Most of the time if any BB's in the US have steels, these stores have them. I haven't even seen the Reel Heroes setup. A ninja buddy of mine lives in Nowhereville, Ohio and his BB has all the reel heroes and the anchor bays. It's just odd. Curious who and how they decided which stores to put these in. Checking 2 more BB's and 1 more Walmart tonight. If they don't have them, then I'll have to put my faith in Amazon, unfortunately.

EDIT- Went to the other stores and still nothing...

As far as your BB. It all depends on how many endcaps you have and also if your store has Anderson send them to it. Smaller stores might not get the display at all.
My store is pretty small now since the shrunk the media area and thus so it has less endcaps. Bigger stores have about 5 - 6 for promos like this. Mine has 4 or less. :(
That is why I didn't get the Fox Icons slips either. :angry:

Last edited: