Anchor Bay 2014 Wave (Blu-ray SteelBooks) [USA]

Jan 19, 2014

Attachments

• AnchorBay__111217000648.jpg
    AnchorBay__111217000648.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 279
Last edited by a moderator:
I finally found a few at my Walmart last night...
yguveqy7.jpg
I wish they would've had Sin City though. I'm REALLY liking the white slipcovers on those Fox "Icon" amaray.

I know! I wish they would use some of that art on a proper steelbook. Edward Scissorhands, Fight Club, and Office Space look sick!! And the others as well

Reactions: mlmaier84
I know! I wish they would use some of that art on a proper steelbook. Edward Scissorhands, Fight Club, and Office Space look sick!! And the others as well

Thought the same EXACT thing, buddy! "If only that was on a steelbook..." The white background and colorless (for the most part) graphics remind me of the KR/JP Batman Begins and Dark Knight. I think my favorite that I've seen so far is Edward Scissorhands. They make a cool one for Max Payne and Dodgeball also. I think there's 12 (give or take) in all.

Reactions: dfoles
Law Abiding Citizen, Django Unchained, Lawless and Killing Them Softly are available at Costco and only $10.99 each

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: darczap
Damn, I really want to snag Killing Them Softly... Might have to sneak in...

The only one that is a FuturePak would have been WWZ. All the others are just old stock from the MetalPak wave from what a year or so ago.
I don't even know if WWZ is considered at FP yet. Even though they changed the name there really isn't anything indicting them to be FP's. sadly.

Back on topic, mine didn't have any of the Anchor Bay ones out. All they had was a few of the former BB Lionsgate ones and the mix and match of the Wave 1 and 2 of the Uni Reel Heroes ones.:(

Futurepak has new inside plastic connecting inard and also thicker gauge metal than predecessor metalpak. So there is a difference. Wwz is futurepak. Don't know if others are mp old stock or reprint fp. Star Trek pretty sure fp btw. Easiest way to tell is from open pics.

Sucks they are mixed in with steelbook brand tho

Picked up both Lawless and Django. Had a hard time finding a mint Django. Walmart and FYE both had spine slashes. Costco was the way to go for that one!

I order 4 Lords of Salem from BBY, as they were unavailable for instore pick up. all 4 had a spine slash that was not done by the retailer. Somewhere in the manufacturing process it happened, as the shrinkwrap was not sliced at all. No point reordering probably get the same thing.:angry:

I order 4 Lords of Salem from BBY, as they were unavailable for instore pick up. all 4 had a spine slash that was not done by the retailer. Somewhere in the manufacturing process it happened, as the shrinkwrap was not sliced at all. No point reordering probably get the same thing.:angry:

Got one in today from amazon and also came with a spine slash, but the shrink wrap wasn't cut like you said. Very poor QC in the warehouse.

Got one in today from amazon and also came with a spine slash, but the shrink wrap wasn't cut like you said. Very poor QC in the warehouse.

I said it was not done by the retailer, but the manufacturing process. Its an issue that needs to be resolved.

Finally tracked these down at MovieStop for $9.99. And they seemed to have at least 3 of each of the Anchor steelbooks
053af.jpg

The Steve Austin 4-pack I got from Amazon was damaged, so I've been looking to replace it.
15o7.jpg

I've purchased all of these from a few different places. A few from a seller on eBay and some from BN.com. My Lords had the slash and ALL of them have tiny dings around the edges. They look PERFECT when sealed, but upon opening them, I found tiny dings EVERYWHERE!!!