Anyone Interested in A Group Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2010
Im looking to start (or join) a group buy. I need some some feedback on what everyone would like to go in on.. if anyone wants to check my ebay feedback my user name is "loveandpeace89".Thanks everyone!!!

Which country do you want to start off with? I can help you how to do group buy.

#1 List the movie you want to join in.
#2 Know the price + shipping.
#3 How much you want to charge us?
#4 When do we pay?
#5 When the order completed, please let us know the status.
#6 Buy the shipping materials (Bubble Wrap, Cardboard, Tape, etc...)
#7 When the package delivered, make sure to check for any damage, dents, scratches or loose disc. (Use bright light)
#8 Report the result here. Picture is recommended in Hi-Res; close up only, not 20 feet away.
#9 Collect payment from buyers.
#10 Send out the package and provide us with tracking number.

Last edited:
Wow, pinoy hit the nail on the head. Those are good requirements as far as organizing one.

As for getting in on one ...

Which country are you peepin' some steels in.

Thanks Pinoy, Im gonna do some research tonight on that. Wreck- Im looking for alot of the UK ones and Germany Ones...I have most of the futureshop releases so that rules canada out..I found the Paranormal Activity on a website in Austrailia..alil pricy if you ask me tho. Any suggestions?

As for the UK ones, surprisingly the shipping is cheap from amazon.co.uk so whatever is available there I would recommend. As for the play.com ones that's another story and in need of a group buy.

For Amazon.co.uk, everyone can order one even without group buy. We normally don't pay VAT as refer to TAX. The price will be reflected during the checkout. Next, Amazon.de must have a group buy! Their shipping is 14 Euros flat rate, no matter how many items we buy. Again, we don't pay VAT at all.

as for the play.com ones from what I understand they do not ship to the US correct!!!

That is correct, Scott could probably help us organize a group buy on that if a title deems it. Lately they havent released much that hasnt been released elsewhere.

Thanks Pinoy, Im gonna do some research tonight on that. Wreck- Im looking for alot of the UK ones and Germany Ones...I have most of the futureshop releases so that rules canada out..I found the Paranormal Activity on a website in Austrailia..alil pricy if you ask me tho. Any suggestions?

Did you come up with a list?

I was thinking possibly either:

Sherlock Holmes
Zombieland (even tho there was just a group buy done for this, it looks like a awesome steelbook)
Hangover

I need some input on what everyone would like to go in on then I can figure out all the details.Thanks Guys!!

All steelbooks from amazon.de

Last edited:
I was thinking possibly either:

Sherlock Holmes
Zombieland (even tho there was just a group buy done for this, it looks like a awesome steelbook)
Hangover

I need some input on what everyone would like to go in on then I can figure out all the details.Thanks Guys!!

All steelbooks from amazon.de

Keep in mind that amazon.de only has the dented Hangovers in stock. They have a manufacturer dent similar to the T3 manufacturer dent. I have a pic at home i can post in here if you want to see it.

Also, if you submit the amazon order in one go then anyone who gets in on it should be able to order any title..just remember when you order, use the links on the top of the main forum page ;)

So far, this is what my preorders look like,

amazon.de
Tortuga: Incredible Journey of Sea Turtle (GER) (April 23rd)
Zombieland SteelBook (x2) (GER) (May 20th)
Sherlock Holmes SteelBook (x2) (GER) (May 28th)
Total Recall SteelBook (x3) (GER) (June 17th)

amazon.co.uk
Avatar SteelBook (x2) (UK) (April 26th)
Battestar Gallactica: The Plan SteelBook (x2) (UK) (May 10th)
Minority Report SteelBook (x2) (UK) (May 17th)
The Wolfman SteelBook (x2) (UK) (June 7th)

I generally order an extra copy for trading purposes which also saves me money on shipping.

My Hangover came from .de and isnt dented ... where is the dent located ... ?

My Hangover came from .de and isnt dented ... where is the dent located ... ?

How long ago did you order it? The first 2 months of Hangovers were okay, but it seems all the remaining ones are dented. I think the last undented one i ordered was around mid Jan.
The T3 style dent is on the upper front right edge of the steelbook. I don't have a pic cause i am at work but i am going to go and hunt for one.

thanks for the input judas i do appreciate it, I would love to see that pic, and I did hear about the dent, just never actually saw it first hand..i also hear transporter 3 has a manufacter dent as well, true or not im not sure? I would love to get a group buy together for amazon.de i was researching it but honestly I couldnt understand any of the language lol any suggestions? Thank you!!

my hangover has a small dent on the top right corner. They sent me another dent free. This was of course ten days after release.

thanks for the input judas i do appreciate it, I would love to see that pic, and I did hear about the dent, just never actually saw it first hand..i also hear transporter 3 has a manufacter dent as well, true or not im not sure? I would love to get a group buy together for amazon.de i was researching it but honestly I couldnt understand any of the language lol any suggestions? Thank you!!

I will post a pic in a bit when i get home of that dent.

Also, download google translator. It will be a pop up toolbar that auto detects and translates foreign sites into english, or whatever language you choose it to translate to. Works like a charm..for the most part on .de ;)

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

PIC
5n8zkm.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.