Apocalypse Now: Final Cut - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 16, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders live June 5 Wednesday 12 noon UK time )
Price: £31.99
Notes: 6 Discs - Gloss Finish - Region Free

12180852-1154695786230931.jpg

12180852-7014695786326247.jpg 12180852-3594695785953725.jpg 12180852-1634695786401454.jpg

Last edited:
Great art, but I'm not big on the film... only just picked up the previous Zavvi BD steel a few months back too.

Same tbh, not massive on it. I won the Italian embossed steel from @apsmith21 either last years ninja week or the yeah before and that does me just fine. But this art is lovely. Colours match the mood

Art doesn't really fit the film...I must be missing something

Not really the "arty farty" kind of film

Lol arty farty? So any illustration or creative attempt that’s not original poster art is arty farty? Regardless of it looking good or not

I’ve never understood that with some people.

Same tbh, not massive on it. I won the Italian embossed steel from @apsmith21 either last years ninja week or the yeah before and that does me just fine. But this art is lovely. Colours match the mood

Lol arty farty? So any illustration or creative attempt that’s not original poster art is arty farty? Regardless of it looking good or not

Own that too. Love it. It's IMO the best cover for this film I've ever seen !

Sometimes it works with the film, sometimes it doesn't...that's all there is to say really.

It's just personal taste man...

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Just read that the Final Cut has that French plantation scene in it, which is disappointing. There are some good moments in Redux, but that whole part was cut for a reason.

It's incredibly boring and feels really out of place, and just unnecessarily bogs down the movie. It adds nothing.

Last edited:
Just read that the Final Cut has that French plantation scene in it, which is disappointing. There are some good moments in Redux, but that whole part was cut for a reason.

It's incredibly boring and feels incredibly out of place, and just bogs down the whole movie for no reason.
4K and Blu-ray has all 3 cuts of the film
If you want to avoid that scene watch the theatrical cut

Yeah, it just would have been nice to have a new cut, that didn't have that in it. I always skip it when watching redux.

Plus, I want to go see it in the cinema when it's out, and I'm honestly worried I might fall asleep trying to watch that bit.

Going to hazard a guess here regarding live time. As The Doors is apparently going live on 1 June at 6pm, I reckon this could go live on Sunday 2 June, these are both Studiocanal releases and the standard amarays went live last week at the same time. Gonna keep my eyes peeled for this. but why can't the price be £29.99 like The Doors ? the RRP is the same......

Going to hazard a guess here regarding live time. As The Doors is apparently going live on 1 June at 6pm, I reckon this could go live on Sunday 2 June, these are both Studiocanal releases and the standard amarays went live last week at the same time. Gonna keep my eyes peeled for this. but why can't the price be £29.99 like The Doors ? the RRP is the same......
@Mr Y Fronts
No info yet as to when pre order is for Apocalypse Now

Zavvi Weekend Pre orders
Saturday June 1st Pre Order
The Doors: Final Cut Steelbook
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-blu-ray-steelbook-zavvi-exclusive-uk.101947/

Sunday June 2nd Pre Ore
Godzilla Steelbook is going live to pre order on Sunday June 2 with Zavvi
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/godzilla-2014-blu-ray-steelbook-uk.101891/

Last edited:
This is kinda cool that people are worried about these releases.

The Doors is The best band ever !
Apocalypse.Now is The best movie ever !
IMO.
But cannot see these selling out any time soon. Can be wrong - been before. :D