Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99
Notes: Previous HMV Exclusive

81u5AJhAjJL._SX466_.jpg
81ROQCPDQPL._SX466_.jpg81zDjsRw1XL._SX522_.jpg12064016-2054657459225614.jpg
01-526450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cyan harvest
The costumes are amazing. Didn't they have Black Manta?

They truly are and totally blown away how amazing they look. Unfortunately they didn’t have Black Manta’s Costume at the Aquaman Exhibition but I feel they made up for it by being able to hop aboard his submarine which was an experience in itself to get that up close and personal with such a grand piece. Can’t wait to hopefully watch Aquaman this weekend.

And here I thought some of those set pieces were CGI...just WOW!

Thanks for the pics @willbar84

Your most welcome, thoroughly enjoyed taking them so I could share with my fellow ninjas.

Same here it was great to see that these set pieces weren’t CGI as it makes you appreciate the very high level of dedication and attention to detail that has gone into these which is absolutely amazing and was such a surreal experience to see in a such a “raw” state before post-production. Can’t wait to see this Monday and find all the awesome things I saw at the Exhibition.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
i really hope hmv manage to sort there problems out last thing we need is another retailer down the pan (n)(n)(n)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46699290

bit worrying cant log in on hmv store says myaccount doesnt exist and has message below

If you are having issues logging into your store.hmv account and already have a purehmv account please reset your account via purehmv here. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

basil :dunno:

Last edited:
So if HMV have gone bust, does that mean anyone who placed an order for this has lost their money?

not exactly with paypal and masterpass on pre-orders money is taken fully upfront and with creditcards £1 is pre-done on an authorsion and the fully amount taken on dispatch.

so just use creditcard for any hmv orders, shop website is now back up and working i just logged in a minute ago.

i personally hope they are sorted out they take 25%-30% of media market in the uk or some figure along those lines on the news, too many have crashed and burned over the years.
our price, woolworths, whsmiths (selling media), virgin megastores, zavvi and im sure i missed aload on the high street.
i do wonder if hmv may remain online like zavvi did but i hope not last bastion of the high street, if that goes high street will be dead completely.

basil :thumbs:

Well that's not true as I paid for Venom and A Star is Born by Paypal and both have been taken on point of order. Would I be covered by this? Anyone know?

Well yes any time you pay via PayPal anywhere money is taken straight away

So, HMV are back online now... interesting?!
While HMV is in administration the shops and on-line the business continues

KPMG are the administrators it will continue to trade the business while looking at options including a possible sale of HMV assets
KPMG has confirmed that outstanding orders will be fulfilled "where there is stock available

Pre Orders though is a different matter as this would be items not in stock

Gift cards use these now as quick as you possibly can don't wait

During the next few days/weeks/months a lot can change during administration

If you had payment taken on an order costing less than £100 but not have goods supplied and paid using a credit card you can try using chargeback with your credit card provider to try get your money back but it's not guaranteed you will get your money back.

Credit Cards
If though individual item you ordered the cost is over £100 you are covered under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act
Under this act the credit card company is liable to cover you
Bear in mind though that individual items have to cost £100 for you to be able to use Section 75 - if you ordered multi items in one order and these only reach £100 collectively, this doesn't count to be covered under section 75.

• Informative
Reactions: DMD4k
I remember MVC. They were good from what I recall and they too disappeared.

As long as HMV continue to trade online I'm fine with that. It's very rare I take a trip there anyway, but obviously the preference would be to have the store as well as online because steelbooks can be seen in person before purchase, plus if there is any damage beneath the J-Card you can simply sort it there and then.

The problem with retail stores is you travel to the store and they don't have what you want in stock.

If you are going to have a store and want it to survive in an environment that competes with online, you need to make the store an 'experience' that shoppers will want to choose over online. I don't think I have ever received customer service in HMV, ever. Ie they don't ask you if you need any help, don't greet you, don't thank you when you leave ha they just talk when you get to the till.

They put staff members at the entrance of the store for the illusion of customer service, when really they are only there to deter or stop thieves.

I will miss going to the store and being able to pick up products and actually see them before i buy them (if they are stocked) but otherwise, meh.

But on the subject of Aquaman, I enjoyed it. Just silly, entertaining fun.

The problem with retail stores is you travel to the store and they don't have what you want in stock.

If you are going to have a store and want it to survive in an environment that competes with online, you need to make the store an 'experience' that shoppers will want to choose over online. I don't think I have ever received customer service in HMV, ever. Ie they don't ask you if you need any help, don't greet you, don't thank you when you leave ha they just talk when you get to the till.

They put staff members at the entrance of the store for the illusion of customer service, when really they are only there to deter or stop thieves.

I will miss going to the store and being able to pick up products and actually see them before i buy them (if they are stocked) but otherwise, meh.

But on the subject of Aquaman, I enjoyed it. Just silly, entertaining fun.
Security Male/Female staff standing at door entrance of high street stores is not the illusion of customer service :LOL::rofl:
They are there as main purpose as security officers also known as loss prevention officers.
In most situations they are from a security company and with some high streets security communicate with other security with other retail stores on same street.

Customer service is at the customer service desk inside high street stores or with staff on shop floor or with staff at the tills

Security can help by directing you to customer service staff inside the store to assist you and in some stores call the store management for you but this would depend on the store.
Security should not really be disturbed in doing their security duties.

Last edited:
Security Male/Female staff standing at door entrance of high street stores is not the illusion of customer service :LOL::rofl:
They are there as main purpose as security officers also known as loss prevention officers.
In most situations they are from a security company

Customer service is at the customer service desk inside high street stores or with staff on shop floor or with staff at the tills

Security can help by directing you to customer service staff inside the store to assist you and in some stores call the store management for you but this would depend on the store.
Security should not really be disturbed in doing their security duties.

I'm talking about actual hmv staff stood at the door, not their security staff.

But to be fair, the same is true of most high street stores now, a sad reflection of the times I guess.

I'm talking about actual hmv staff stood at the door, not their security staff.

But to be fair, the same is true of most high street stores now, a sad reflection of the times I guess.
Some Hmv security wear same hmv uniforms as staff inside
It's security at the door entrance

You might get on occasions Hmv staff taking to security at front door be it for security reasons or taking about a football match when they should not be :rofl:

Reactions: levi