Avengers 4-Movie Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: August 13, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: CDN $169.99

6354135_so.jpg

avengers01.jpg
Avenger (Box) (Steelbook)-front.jpgAvenger (Box) (Steelbook)-back.jpg
Photos courtesy of AcIDc0r3

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure that Andy as a GB host shipping hundreds of copies of various releases has never offered this service of "unseal and check"

Correct and that is simply because if you open an item from Best Buy or Target they will offer an exchange only. And that’s only if they have stock. If you push for a refund, they at most will offer store credit. And that in my experience is unusual.

And I can guarantee if I showed up with 10 open editions that I said were damaged they would tell me to keep the movies and laugh me out of the store.

Unfortunately the logistics of sourcing items from a third party leave few options.

And none that allow me to open items and still get my money back.

Looks like mine has actually shipped, but won't arrive until next week since all of these seem to have originated from the Mississauga warehouse, whereas the Iron Man, Thor and Avengers steelbooks were shipped from the local Richmond warehouse. Only ordered ONE copy for once because of the price. Took a gamble with it arriving in mint condition, but from hearing all of this, not holding my breath. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: Stygian
What is the email for customer service?
[email protected]

I wrote a long email in which I explained that I was not interested in a return for refund and that I was not satisfied with 15% discount. Their response was frustrating. It was basically “thanks for your question about our return policy. We will accept a return for a product up to 30 days. If you will remain with your item then you can get 15% off.” Seems like they didn’t read the email at all. I responded back. I’ll let you know if I get anywhere with it.

Typically when I purchase a movie I intend to watch it and enjoy it and they just so happen to be encased inside a steelbook or collectible packaging. ...so yeah, I open them, ALL of them.
@Stygian
Been reading theses forums for years now… and I think Kelly and I are alone in here who opens every single steels we own.

I called CS this morning.
They first asked me my order #. Told them my product was full of defect/ding. She didn't ask anything else as I could hear she was already aware of this issue with this product (thank you guys who called yesterday) and directly went to her supervisor. Then put me on hold for 5 min. Came back with 10%... refused. Then, magic, it was 15%.
I've accepted as I can live with those small dings (I'm no OCD) and what I truly wanted was a full matching set which is pretty much the only one worldwide.

Also, due to the Dumbo "fiasco", I had a 50$ ecertificate, so in the end with the rebate, this whole set ends up at +- 95$ CDN, so less than 25$ per 4K movie ;)

[email protected]

I wrote a long email in which I explained that I was not interested in a return for refund and that I was not satisfied with 15% discount. Their response was frustrating. It was basically “thanks for your question about our return policy. We will accept a return for a product up to 30 days. If you will remain with your item then you can get 15% off.” Seems like they didn’t read the email at all. I responded back. I’ll let you know if I get anywhere with it.

You have to wonder, since Best Buy is getting slammed with calls about this, that they would go to their supplier with complaints and do something about it for future releases?

I ordered 2 box sets and both had dents even though there was no damage to the shipping box. So as mentioned, it seems like most of the box sets were damaged prior to shipping.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian