Avengers: Infinity War (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #50) [China]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: 2018 TBC
Group buy: To be hosted by cooey
Price: TBA
Note: Limited to 4000 copies

Group buy update - click the spoiler for info

GB will be live Friday 16th November at around 7:30 - 8:00 PM UK time.

All editions will be available apart from fullslip and quarter slip. Limited quantity of complete package and one click.

Notes - If you have transferred your Black Panther purchase to this, you cannot join the GB. If you do, your purchase will be immedialtely cancelled and refunded. And these are extremely limited at 1 edition per member - if you buy a Complete/One Click/DL/SL, you cannot then purchase any other edition, if you do your order will be immediately cancelled on the additional item and refunded.

Double Lenticular | Single Lenticular | Full Slip | One Click | 1/4 Slip

9a438038gy1fwzd3ld1w9j221l18i4bl.jpg9a438038gy1fwzd3mgpj3j221l18m47e.jpg9a438038gy1fwzd3pdwblj221k18j7hy.jpg9a438038gy1fwzd3k106pj221m18iwse.jpg9a438038gy1fwtnqjdtm2j221n18mn92.jpg
222BC943-C7E9-4113-8507-8A3E834CFEB9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry for those who missed out but congrats to those who got a copy.

Mostly, thanks for the guys running the GB’s and doing all the hard work behind the scenes :)

Now, it’s the wait for shipping/tracking number, game.... lol

Reactions: formingsiren
I’m a little drunk right now and I’m sorry for those that missed out BUT...... @Alf_1 i have just had, possibly the most entertaining time I’ve ever had on HDN reading the last 13 pages. I’m literally in tears reading the comments from the members saying they have a funny feeling you was gona miss out and the gifs and then you disappearing for like 10 pages typing up hate mail etc. I hate this word but that was some of the best HDN banter I’ve witnessed

Glad to hear you and @Andycadle84 got what you wanted

I’m a little drunk right now and I’m sorry for those that missed out BUT...... @Alf_1 i have just had, possibly the most entertaining time I’ve ever had on HDN reading the last 13 pages. I’m literally in tears reading the comments from the members saying they have a funny feeling you was gona miss out and the gifs and then you disappearing for like 10 pages typing up hate mail etc. I hate this word but that was some of the best HDN banter I’ve witnessed

Thanks and I agree with you that the comments are hilarious! Even though high anxiety was amongst us it was really entertaining...

The doubts were out there I didnt get it since there was a moment of silence from me and then poof out of the darkness I emerge Jammin’ out.

Kept getting error messages in the Melmac region with my connection, so I took Warp Speed back to Earth territory, landing in a what you my fellow Humans call a WIFI Hotspot. My furry hands were not keeping me from being a F5 Speed Melmacian!

I don't know who this @Alf_1 is but I am now fully invested in their emotional journey in getting IW. DID THEY GET IT? I need to know!

Thanks for the concern and I love Earth so much I now call it home instead of Melmac.

Last edited:

Thanks bud! Hope the head isn’t too sore in the morning!!

Had a blast on this thread last night.

I was on my phone and updating the thread for the usual links to go up but none did, I appreciate why they did not from reading about the low quantities, but when things are always done a certain way and then suddenly there's a change, trying to scrabble around via a mobile phone screen to work out what on earths going on got me so stressed that unfortunately that's pretty much out the nail in the coffin lid for Steelbook collecting for me, I realised that these situations cause much unneeded stress and it's really just not worth it, especially with how expensive the hobby has become. I'll continue to pick up Disney steels to complete my collection, but outside of that I can't justify the stress or spend to myself anymore.

Reactions: Ashish

Flloydo, it was epic, shame you missed out on the live action, I had a blast.

• Thanks
Reactions: Alf_1 and Flloydo
I was on my phone and updating the thread for the usual links to go up but none did, I appreciate why they did not from reading about the low quantities, but when things are always done a certain way and then suddenly there's a change, trying to scrabble around via a mobile phone screen to work out what on earths going on got me so stressed that unfortunately that's pretty much out the nail in the coffin lid for Steelbook collecting for me, I realised that these situations cause much unneeded stress and it's really just not worth it, especially with how expensive the hobby has become. I'll continue to pick up Disney steels to complete my collection, but outside of that I can't justify the stress or spend to myself anymore.
Such a shame reading this. I'd rethink in a day or two when you're not still mad about missing out. Take it as a learning experience and try to have two or more screens going next time. There's stress, sure, but it's also supposed to be fun.

I can get where you’re coming from, because it is indeed only getting more and more expensive to collect, and some of the most popular premiums can be a real pain to buy. So if this situation as a whole makes it too painful or stressful, I get that you don’t feel it’s worth it to continue. I would just advice, as @DMD4k also says, to take a few days and think about it when you’re less disappointed. Maybe you won’t looks as dark upon it then. I think the key to balance everything is to try to not get too let down when one release doesn’t work out, and to stick to a budget/spending strategy that works for you. This is supposed to be fun though so if you don’t find that balance I understand the need to just call it a day!

The 'stress' from collecting steelbooks only comes from within ourselves. We stress ourselves out through one means or another by allowing that to occur. The whole process of collecting isn't what causes the stress, it comes from within from fear of missing out (or whatever else) through 'finger on the button' group buys opening or from coming along afterwards and realising there are none left or even from the realisation of not being able to grab a 'single edition' because they are only being sold as one clicks, or the fact that you've already spent too much so cannot afford that glorious upcoming release. We get ourselves angry because of this, nobody else causes it, and life goes on... as do the retailers methods of selling or the forums methods of being the 'middle man' in it all.

I can honestly say I don't get 'stressed' over some cardboard and a bit of tin (that's essentially what we are buying in the grand scheme of things) as much as this is my #1 hobby... but I do get disappointed sometimes. There's a big difference. The word 'stress' gets thrown about all too often and if you get actual 'stress' from collecting steelbooks then you need to get out of the game asap before you are queuing up in a doctors surgery. Stress and and anxiety are real medical conditions so DO NOT allow this hobby of collecting get you down as it's definitely not worth it.

I love this hobby but I'm very clear on what I do or do not want, what I can and cannot afford, and what I am and am not willing to do to grab something.

In regards to premiums:
The people who last the longest in this hobby are those with discipline. (which im horrible at) But the fact still remains. If you create some rules/guidelines for yourself you can have fun and collect for a long time. Whether that is only going for DL's, or 1clicks and selling off the ones you dont like later on but keeping your fav in the box. If you buy the local steel cause its out long before, and also buy box sets you can switch that steel out having 2 or 3 diff steels in your box and selling off the "same" steels in the set to recoup costs etc.

Or only 1 edition per title. or "steelbook" only. ie. quarterslips. Or only 1 or 2 retailers ... or local steels and custom slips. Whatever it may be, if you decide what you want to do and stick with it .. you'll be around longer. If a year goes by and you want to change something up then sell off some stuff to fund the new adventure in collecting. And if you are really good with discipline and dont take this all too serious, then if you choose a certain type of edition that isn't always the most popular, by example not the DL's. Then you will have less chance you miss out, and you'll also want one that sometimes isn't the more popular choice. And that means you can often get it cheaper and chase after ones you missed cheaper then those in higher demand. But I think that takes a certain type of individual to not be swayed by the art and only sticking to certain type of packaging.

So it's all about being smart how you plan to collect so you can be around for the long haul. Because in the end the most important thing about a hobby, and for it to even be a hobby, is to have peers in the scene/community. And it's kinda sad to see a person/member be on the site for a couple years then because they want to quit collecting movies they bounce. We see it on both ends of the field tho. Some bounce, while others just migrate to a different forum board and hang there. Because tastes and hobby's can change. Often they only slightly change because we all love characters and icons from pop culture. Cause even if you stop collecting movies, you're still watching movies. ;) so go hang out in the Movie/TV Chat area. What is more valuable is having fun and talking among peers as their are a lot of cool personalities and people here.

In regards to premiums:
The people who last the longest in this hobby are those with discipline. (which im horrible at) But the fact still remains. If you create some rules/guidelines for yourself you can have fun and collect for a long time. Whether that is only going for DL's, or 1clicks and selling off the ones you dont like later on but keeping your fav in the box. If you buy the local steel cause its out long before, and also buy box sets you can switch that steel out having 2 or 3 diff steels in your box and selling off the "same" steels in the set to recoup costs etc.

Or only 1 edition per title. or "steelbook" only. ie. quarterslips. Or only 1 or 2 retailers ... or local steels and custom slips. Whatever it may be, if you decide what you want to do and stick with it .. you'll be around longer. If a year goes by and you want to change something up then sell off some stuff to fund the new adventure in collecting. And if you are really good with discipline and dont take this all too serious, then if you choose a certain type of edition that isn't always the most popular, by example not the DL's. Then you will have less chance you miss out, and you'll also want one that sometimes isn't the more popular choice. And that means you can often get it cheaper and chase after ones you missed cheaper then those in higher demand. But I think that takes a certain type of individual to not be swayed by the art and only sticking to certain type of packaging.

So it's all about being smart how you plan to collect so you can be around for the long haul. Because in the end the most important thing about a hobby, and for it to even be a hobby, is to have peers in the scene/community. And it's kinda sad to see a person/member be on the site for a couple years then because they want to quit collecting movies they bounce. We see it on both ends of the field tho. Some bounce, while others just migrate to a different forum board and hang there. Because tastes and hobby's can change. Often they only slightly change because we all love characters and icons from pop culture. Cause even if you stop collecting movies, you're still watching movies. ;) so go hang out in the Movie/TV Chat area. What is more valuable is having fun and talking among peers as their are a lot of cool personalities and people here.

Nail and head! :thumbs:

I've been collecting steels for ten years and have a huge collection, I have budget limits and strict rules with myself as to what artwork and edition is worth the spend.

At the end of the day it comes down to one simple thing.

Distributors are making them harder and harder to get hold of.

I'm sure in their head they think they're being clever and making them so hard to get hold of that they're driving up demand. Upping costs nominally each time and creating a panic so that people panic buy even if they're not sure whether to pull the trigger or not on a certain edition for fear of missing out. I think we've all been there.

Ironically for some of us it's having the opposite impact after a while where it just saps all the fun out of it when it's just a complete ball ache to actually get hold of an item.

When you're laying out around £55-90 for a single Steelbook you shouldn't have to jump through a load of hoops and deal with a total headache to get the item.

They could easily have preorder windows open for a couple of days to allow people to order and then adjust print runs accordingly, but they choose not to - because theyd rather create false demand and panic buying. It's a shame, because it 'should' be fun, but it's the exact opposite.

It's nothing to do with being disclipined, undedicated (hey some of us work and have families and full time jobs) or not 'true fans', it simply about ridiculously small stock runs, little to no warning, and two minute sell outs. Simple as. You can't buy something that's not freely available. Nothing more to it than that.

@Stuc I'm not advocating the rising costs, but it's simply about supply and growing demand and capitalism. And it's also happening with other collectables.
Suppliers are not (only) doing us a favour. They primary want to make money. And creating hypes also means adding values to their products.

You can't really tell everybody to protest against it by not buying their products. Because that's just not gonna work.

So after all these years of collecting, I have my way to deal with this development: I only buy releases I really "need". I pass all releases as long as there are doubts.
This way, EACH releases means something to me, and my wallet thanks me for it.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: willbar84 and Alf_1
I'm sure in their head they think they're being clever and making them so hard to get hold of that they're driving up demand. Upping costs nominally each time and creating a panic so that people panic buy even if they're not sure whether to pull the trigger or not on a certain edition for fear of missing out.

This. It's a smart business tactic, and it's painful for us.

We have a local comic book distributor who learned how many people collect their editions, and then they slashed the numbers just below the minimal demand. So if you want to continue collecting, you're forced to buy their stuff day one, ready or not.

I've been collecting steels for ten years and have a huge collection, I have budget limits and strict rules with myself as to what artwork and edition is worth the spend.

At the end of the day it comes down to one simple thing.

Distributors are making them harder and harder to get hold of.

I'm sure in their head they think they're being clever and making them so hard to get hold of that they're driving up demand. Upping costs nominally each time and creating a panic so that people panic buy even if they're not sure whether to pull the trigger or not on a certain edition for fear of missing out. I think we've all been there.

Ironically for some of us it's having the opposite impact after a while where it just saps all the fun out of it when it's just a complete ball ache to actually get hold of an item.

When you're laying out around £55-90 for a single Steelbook you shouldn't have to jump through a load of hoops and deal with a total headache to get the item.

They could easily have preorder windows open for a couple of days to allow people to order and then adjust print runs accordingly, but they choose not to - because theyd rather create false demand and panic buying. It's a shame, because it 'should' be fun, but it's the exact opposite.

It's nothing to do with being disclipined, undedicated (hey some of us work and have families and full time jobs) or not 'true fans', it simply about ridiculously small stock runs, little to no warning, and two minute sell outs. Simple as. You can't buy something that's not freely available. Nothing more to it than that.
I assume you mention your sentence in regards to my references of being disciplined. I never inferred that one needed to be disciplined to obtain this tho some might see it as such. But it was all crazy to obtain and had I had control I would never had managed it all like this but we did the best we could. I simply stated my statement because yours was more about quitting the hobby based upon the stress and the expense. If i misunderstood I also thought you were going for the most expensive one? the complete set. To which prior to the group buy ever even going live i was stating that one would be a blood bath and little to no qty etc.

I share the same sentiments when any retailer makes it very hard to obtain, but thankfully there are tons of retailers who do not. There is definitely just as many bad or annoying parts of our hobby as their is good. And also TONS that can be improved upon when you look at other "collectibles" hobby's scenes. etc.

It is partly to do with being disciplined if you want a copy of something that has a deadline in which to grab it, or a copy of something very limited. You can't have everything in life put on a plate for you. We all have families, I'm sure many of us have jobs... but there is an element of planning you have to do yourself in order to get a copy of something. If something isn't freely available or is difficult to get hold of due to being limited then it's down to YOU as a person to make an attempt to get it, and if you miss out then that's life.

The fact that places like HDN exist assist us in obtaining these copies. There's still no guarantee but it's a much better chance than you would have if they didn't exist. It's then your cue to get off arse and come here to be ready. Sorry to be so blunt there but that is truth.

• Thanks
Reactions: Alf_1
It is partly to do with being disciplined if you want a copy of something that has a deadline in which to grab it, or a copy of something very limited. You can't have everything in life put on a plate for you. We all have families, I'm sure many of us have jobs... but there is an element of planning you have to do yourself in order to get a copy of something. If something isn't freely available or is difficult to get hold of due to being limited then it's down to YOU as a person to make an attempt to get it, and if you miss out then that's life.

The fact that places like HDN exist assist us in obtaining these copies. There's still no guarantee but it's a much better chance than you would have if they didn't exist. It's then your cue to get off arse and come here to be ready. Sorry to be so blunt there but that is truth.
I don't think it's that easy. Especially as everyone's circumstances are different.

Also, it's happening more and more frequently that items are getting harder to obtain no matter what you do (look at HDZETA'S Batman fiasco-I ain't dropping that much on one film. Although I would have liked a single edition of each.....)

As @Stuc said, why not just make more copies available. It would benefit the retailers also as scalpers seem to snap up half of every allocation as it is.......

I don't think it's that easy. Especially as everyone's circumstances are different.

I agree everybody's circumstances are different but that's like anything in life. You make life choices and you can either do other things or you can't.
Having children for example, you can't blame retailers for not having enough copies that are put out in a group buy and you can't get to the group buy because you
have a child to run around after and when you do eventually get to the group buy all the copies are gone (that's one example). You made a life choice to have a child, which takes up your time.
If you absolutely cannot make it to grab a copy of something then it's just life.
Having more copies available will eventually lead to more people wanting one and once again back to square one... which once again is just life.

That being said, I do feel sorry for people when they miss out.