UK
Release date: October 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Back to the Future Trilogy
Price: £39.99
Note: Limited to 1,000 copies.

11151010-1764311460958208.jpg

backtothefuture.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only ultra limited edition is the J Card. If you're happy to pay an extra 20 quid for a J-Card written in English,good for you !

Are you sure that it's just the U.K. j-card in English that is the only difference and not the vague possibility that there may be Italian print on the steelbook itself ?

I may be in the minority judging by attitudes on this forum but I am proud to buy British and to support the U.K. economy by buying steelbooks allocated to my country which in turn means that the company supplying my steelbooks can continue to trade and I can continue to indulge one of my hobbies - a win win situation !

If these steelbooks cost more money for some reason - in this particular case because it is "Limited to 1,000 only" IN MY COUNTRY - then so be it.

Personally I don't consider OTT a 4 disc steelbook for GBP 37.99 even though I already have the films in the Tin edition - which if I remember correctly cost me a fiver more than this - but what I do not have are the new extras and I wouldn't buy an Amaray edition just to get the fourth disc no matter how cheap it was and thatU.S. trilogy 4-disc steel . . .no thanks . . . and about that one the least said the better ! .

I couldn't give a flying fig if this is 'limited' to 20,000 / 50,000 or whatever ridiculous figure as I only care that it is limited to 1,000 in my territory - that there are only 1,000 editions with U.K. j-cards and BBFC stamps in existence.

Anyway, anyone is welcome to buy any edition they like from any country they like and good luck to them I say and if I choose to buy my steelbooks with U.K. j-cards I am welcome too and good luck to me :)

I received this yesterday along with AVP and AVPR. AVP and AVPR were despatched on Monday, whereas this was only despatched on Wednesday, but they all arrived together on Thursday!

I may be in the minority judging by attitudes on this forum but I am proud to buy British and to support the U.K. economy by buying steelbooks allocated to my country which in turn means that the company supplying my steelbooks can continue to trade and I can continue to indulge one of my hobbies - a win win situation !

If these steelbooks cost more money for some reason - in this particular case because it is "Limited to 1,000 only" IN MY COUNTRY - then so be it.

Personally I don't consider OTT a 4 disc steelbook for GBP 37.99 even though I already have the films in the Tin edition - which if I remember correctly cost me a fiver more than this - but what I do not have are the new extras and I wouldn't buy an Amaray edition just to get the fourth disc no matter how cheap it was and thatU.S. trilogy 4-disc steel . . .no thanks . . . and about that one the least said the better ! .

I couldn't give a flying fig if this is 'limited' to 20,000 / 50,000 or whatever ridiculous figure as I only care that it is limited to 1,000 in my territory - that there are only 1,000 editions with U.K. j-cards and BBFC stamps in existence.

Anyway, anyone is welcome to buy any edition they like from any country they like and good luck to them I say and if I choose to buy my steelbooks with U.K. j-cards I am welcome too and good luck to me :)
Doubt it, lots of folks feel the same way in supporting their country's editions. Enjoy your UK collection!

Nobody is questioning your taste or your decision.Those are your choices,but you must admit,deep down,that the UK price is not good value for money compared to the Euro releases.
On another note,why the criticism of the North America version,what's wrong with it?

Reactions: JackRegan
If they do they are not very visible here that's for sure !

All I see are members pandering to the lowest common denominator and poo-pooing U.K. editions / people like myself who buy them because we/I like U.K. j-cards / partial slips with BBFC stamps or because they consider them too expensive when compared to other editions.

Whenever I comment on a U.K. edition all I seem to get back from other members is the same - - - - "You can buy the Italian one or this one or that one for half of the price of the U.K. one".
This is not something I don't know but it is something that I personally have zero interest in pursuing.

It's a pain in the butt and a crashing bore.

Nobody is questioning your taste or your decision.Those are your choices,but you must admit,deep down,that the UK price is not good value for money compared to the Euro releases.
On another note,why the criticism of the North America version,what's wrong with it?

The N. American one with the cut-in-half by the black spine DeLorean one ?

All I see are members pandering to the lowest common denominator and poo-pooing U.K. editions / people like myself who buy them because we/I like U.K. j-cards / partial slips with BBFC stamps or because they consider them too expensive when compared to other editions.

Whenever I comment on a U.K. edition all I seem to get back from other members is the same - - - - "You can buy the Italian one or this one or that one for half of the price of the U.K. one".

What's a pain in the butt and a crashing bore is your constant over the top 'praising' of Zavvi on each of their steelbook threads. That's why you get the replies that you do.

We all collect for different reasons. Absolutely fair enough. No one's arguing with that. But you say you buy UK steelbooks only, yet I've never seen you in a HMV thread praising how 'good' they are and how 'fantastic they're steelbooks are'?! (And they're one hundred times better than Zavvi let me tell you)

Yet when someone else buys American or Asian Steelbooks you are quick to shoot THEM down and ridicule those steelbooks?

Last edited:
I'm not going to get into a discussion about Zavvi vs. HMV steelbooks with someone like you as going by my golden rule :-

"Never argue with a wind up merchant. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
and
"Never argue with a wind up merchant, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

BTW there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SPECIAL OR BETTER about recent HMV steelbooks compared to Zavvi steelbooks and I have no idea what you are on.

I'm not going to get into a discussion about Zavvi vs. HMV steelbooks with someone like you as going by my golden rule :-

"Never argue with a wind up merchant. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
and
"Never argue with a wind up merchant, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

BTW there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SPECIAL OR BETTER about recent HMV steelbooks compared to Zavvi steelbooks and I have no idea what you are on.
So because I have an opinion (and it doesn't agree with yours) 'someone like me' is a wind up merchant that's going to 'drag you down to my level'?

Yeah, good lad! Time to climb back down from that ivory tower you are looking down on us all from and get back to reality.

And you wonder why you're getting hostile responses to your posts?

I think the 'onlookers' are already wise......

All I want to see is someone acknowledge the fact that UK steelbooks are severly overpriced compared to releases in other countries.
They are not worth more just because they have English J-cards or whatever.

To be brutally honest, this steelbook cost less than €10 (discs included) to make and it's selling for over €50 in UK.
That is called daytime robbery with witnesess present and they still get away with it.

I'm about to go crazy if someone else says that English J-card is important because it's not and it never will be, unless it's painted with actual gold color and can be sold at the jewelers.
Am I the only one collecting steelbooks because of their special design and FILMS on blu-rays themselves?

Sorry for going "slightly" off topic :hilarious:

All I want to see is someone acknowledge the fact that UK steelbooks are severly overpriced compared to releases in other countries.
They are not worth more just because they have English J-cards or whatever.

To be brutally honest, this steelbook cost less than €10 (discs included) to make and it's selling for over €50 in UK.
That is called daytime robbery with witnesess present and they still get away with it.

I'm about to go crazy if someone else says that English J-card is important because it's not and it never will be, unless it's painted with actual gold color and can be sold at the jewelers.
Am I the only one collecting steelbooks because of their special design and FILMS on blu-rays themselves?

Sorry for going "slightly" off topic :hilarious:

Agree with you 100% mate.

But I wouldn't want to drag you down to my level!! :LOL::rofl:

Reactions: javiermendoza

This is not something I don't know but it is something that I personally have zero interest in pursuing.

Like I said,your choice is,of course,your choice. But you are paying double the amount for a slightly different piece of thin card and that is the reality when it comes to the Zavvi edition.
I think others on here,would like you to admit that instead of being so defensive.
I am a Brit that lives in Canada,I was very fortunate to live 5 mins from a Futureshop,and now they have gone,I am still just 10 min from the local Best buy,so, perhaps my perspective of UK/North American steelbooks is a little different to some.
As for the North American trilogy,I prefer it to the cartoon Euro version,and at half the price it's a no brainer,in my opinion.

Reactions: javiermendoza
You may be in the fortunate enough position to be able to go to a local store and buy your steelbooks but I don't have that luxury - I did for the first 2 / 3 years after steelbooks first appeared and was a regular shopper at my local HMV but ever since it closed - closely followed by other less local branches - I gave up on the expense and hassle of physically hunting steelbooks down in-store and ended up going online to buy my steelbooks.

In those pre-Zavvi days all my steelbooks were from Play.com and HMV and they were all at never-to-be repeated prices and these included some of my all-time favourite U.K. steelbooks.

In time Play disappeared, HMV disappeared online (many of their stores had already gone) Zavvi appeared and before long they had became the home of U.K. steelbooks with no other company taking the slightest interest in Exclusive steelbooks apart from the precious few examples from the E.S. over the past few years and now with the re-appearance of HMV a few are being offered online (and through Xtra-vision)though their ONLY recent offering that I rate is 'Fury' as most of the others are distinctly MEH IMO.

I am certainly NOT embarrassed or ashamed to say that I have only bought U.K. steelbooks complete with U.K. j-cards to date but I am VERY MUCH looking forward to something a bit different with the recent Mondo / Zavvi steel announcement and hope that others will follow as I've always liked the styles of artwork and the fact that the disc itself has been treated to match the insides of the cases. Attention to detail is always a pleasure to see. It goes without saying that these Mondos must have U.K. j-cards to fit into my collection.

Regarding the trilogy editions the truth is that both are substandard and SHOULD have been better but I suppose "You pays yer money and you takes yer choice".

BTW I am clearly not here to win a popularity contest, as can be plainly by the number of my posts compared to the number of times I've been thanked, which is quite unlike some members who just go with the zeitgeist in order to be 'thanked'.

You may be in the fortunate enough position to be able to go to a local store and buy your steelbooks but I don't have that luxury - I did for the first 2 / 3 years after steelbooks first appeared and was a regular shopper at my local HMV but ever since it closed - closely followed by other less local branches - I gave up on the expense and hassle of physically hunting steelbooks down in-store and ended up going online to buy my steelbooks.

In those pre-Zavvi days all my steelbooks were from Play.com and HMV and they were all at never-to-be repeated prices and these included some of my all-time favourite U.K. steelbooks.

In time Play disappeared, HMV disappeared online (many of their stores had already gone) Zavvi appeared and before long they had became the home of U.K. steelbooks with no other company taking the slightest interest in Exclusive steelbooks apart from the precious few examples from the E.S. over the past few years and now with the re-appearance of HMV a few are being offered online (and through Xtra-vision)though their ONLY recent offering that I rate is 'Fury' as most of the others are distinctly MEH IMO.

I am certainly NOT embarrassed or ashamed to say that I have only bought U.K. steelbooks complete with U.K. j-cards to date but I am VERY MUCH looking forward to something a bit different with the recent Mondo / Zavvi steel announcement and hope that others will follow as I've always liked the styles of artwork and the fact that the disc itself has been treated to match the insides of the cases. Attention to detail is always a pleasure to see. It goes without saying that these Mondos must have U.K. j-cards to fit into my collection.

Regarding the trilogy editions the truth is that both are substandard and SHOULD have been better but I suppose "You pays yer money and you takes yer choice".

BTW I am clearly not here to win a popularity contest, as can be plainly by the number of my posts compared to the number of times I've been thanked, which is quite unlike some members who just go with the zeitgeist in order to be 'thanked'.

You were doing so well,until that last paragraph. And that's the attitude that gets up peoples noses

Reactions: BluSteel2012
"I am not a number" and I will express my views in a civilised manner and if that "gets up peoples' noses" then so be it.

And, anyway, why are the Zavvi haters / U.K. edition haters even on these U.K. threads particularly if they don't even buy Zavvi's U.K. steelbooks or they hate Zavvi's customer services ?
I'd assume that those people would not even be here and that they would be on one of the many international threads where they can chat about the bargains to be found on Amazon.It and similar.

Last edited: