Basil The Great Mouse Detective (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 5, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order October 13, at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £18.99

43694596_10155486462355146_7188007749907644416_n.jpg

11912758-1964617561447267.jpg 11912758-2114617561677169.jpg 11912758-1764617561752268.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Question. How many times have you watched UK releases of films with subtitles that are using American words like color or humor. So why would the titles be any different?

Well first off, I don’t use sub’s so that point is kinda moot.

Second, I can handle foriegn text on releases, as I have Canadian dual language, Korean, HK, Chinese, Taiwanese, German, French etc steelbooks and all have various text in differing languages, which am fine with. BUT they all (besides one that drives me mad being the alternative Deutsch title) have the correct, English title, somewhere, as that’s what most important for me.

For us brit’s, if ‘Basil’ is abscent from this release, then it’s wrong. Plain and simple.

And it still breaks me when I see those words spelt like that.
Right?
It’s one thing Americans having their own words for things, that’s fine, it spelling things wrong(as bad a speller as I am too...) just, no.
Lol

Right?
It’s one thing Americans having their own words for things, that’s fine, it spelling things wrong(as bad a speller as I am too...) just, no.
Lol

You'd be astonished how easy proof readers miss stuff that hits the streets. I've seen some crackers over the years.

So is there truth to the Zavvi won’t ship B region movies internationally talk?

It may have been answered before, but why have they taken "Basil" off the title? The blu-ray amaray and all releases before it have Basil on.
Is it a European thing? If so, Brexit couldn't come sooner!!!! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Are you not feeling European today? Lol
It’s a US thing.
I'm very pro-Euro, thought maybe it had a different name in Europe, (Basíl, Básil, Bäsil or whatever :D) and since Zavvi have an .ES, .DE etc, thought it may have been that but suppose that doesn't make too much sense once I think about it :rofl:

• Thanks
I'm very pro-Euro, thought maybe it had a different name in Europe, (Basíl, Básil, Bäsil or whatever :D) and since Zavvi have an .ES, .DE etc, thought it may have been that but suppose that doesn't make too much sense once I think about it :rofl:
I wasn't judging... but it is funny how many Brits confuse Europe with the European Union. After Brexit you might not be a part of the EU but unless the British isles float away to the Americas you're still very much European.
But back to the topic at hand, the official title in Spain is "Basil, el ratón superdetective", which translates to "Basil, the superdetective mouse", which is pretty much the same as your title in the UK.

• Thanks
Reactions: davhyl and gaeljet
Basil also in the title in Norway. :) The artwork on this is the same as the US amaray, including the title. It might have something to do with not changing the title on the artwork? But it’s just lazy if that’s the case.

I feel for you guys in the RoW, but as a US citizen I’m all for not having Basil in the title.

it is funny how many Brits confuse Europe with the European Union
I don't, but; as long as Liverpool are still allowed to compete in the Champs League (they obviously will, this is just tongue in cheek) and my company still deals in euros (falling £ is good for my company), then I'll be happy :D

• Thanks