Blade Runner: The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Film Vault Range) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: August 19, 2024
Purchase links: Vice Press - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV (Pre-order from Monday April 15th)
Price: £49.99 (Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Vices Press Exclusive Poster Edition limited to 300 - Hand numbered archival pigment print on 250gm Naturalis Absolute White Matt archival paper.
VaultSteels02.jpg

blade-runner-film-vault-steelbook-poster-matt-ferguson-florey.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's a joke, it's a good one. :whistle: :rofl:

I take you bought the previous (more expensive) edition ?:cautious:
Only the 2 I thought looked any good. Goodfellas and Scarface. And I’d happily have that art on steel in the first place. Not buying them again though. Just a waste of money going to these jokers

I haven't bought any of these editions, but it's funny to me how the artist and seemingly creative director of these editions matt ferguson seems to be a collector and fan of editions like these himself, but at the same time these editions are arguably the worst items for fans of these movies possible. The giant plastic hologram that f*s up the entire inside of the packaging, the huge boxes that don't fit into any blu ray shelves, and now the re-release in a different size and packaging format. Just shows that people who are fans of something are not always the best creators of that thing.

I haven't bought any of these editions, but it's funny to me how the artist and seemingly creative director of these editions matt ferguson seems to be a collector and fan of editions like these himself, but at the same time these editions are arguably the worst items for fans of these movies possible. The giant plastic hologram that f*s up the entire inside of the packaging, the huge boxes that don't fit into any blu ray shelves, and now the re-release in a different size and packaging format. Just shows that people who are fans of something are not always the best creators of that thing.

How does it fu****it up ? Dont' have editions.

Depends on the shelves. Is it bigger than PA, FA etc- ?

Re-releasing stuff is a industrial disease.

How does it fu****it up ? Dont' have editions.

Depends on the shelves. Is it bigger than PA, FA etc- ?

Re-releasing stuff is a industrial disease.
- The cube is too heavy for the cardboard to hold it, a lot of editions I've seen in unboxings and even on here have a f*ed up inside because the cardboard is broken and the cube is just flying around on the inside that is normally closed off.

- As far as I know these are pretty tall, almost as big as a 10" vinyl record I would say from the videos. I mean, they would fit in my shelf, but I have a bookshelf which is imo not ideal for movies since there is a lot of headroom. For normal/ideal blu-ray shelves these are way too tall.

- Yeah that's true, and I have to give it to them, the steelbook single editions are at least a way for people who like the artwork to get the edition and not have to buy the big box set.

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
- The cube is too heavy for the cardboard to hold it, a lot of editions I've seen in unboxings and even on here have a f*ed up inside because the cardboard is broken and the cube is just flying around on the inside that is normally closed off.

- As far as I know these are pretty tall, almost as big as a 10" vinyl record I would say from the videos. I mean, they would fit in my shelf, but I have a bookshelf which is imo not ideal for movies since there is a lot of headroom. For normal/ideal blu-ray shelves these are way too tall.

- Yeah that's true, and I have to give it to them, the steelbook single editions are at least a way for people who like the artwork to get the edition and not have to buy the big box set.
tempImagex30P4G.jpg

Too tall to fit in my shelves by about a centimetre.

My partner got me the Blade Runner one knowing how much I loved it yet didn't have a 4K copy at the time, all the while not knowing I had been hunting down and had found a copy of the Manta release!

I think it's fine but I don't love the box set much personally, I found the size of it quite awkward too given how little space I have. I like some of Matt's work but re-releasing like this is a bit tacky I think.

81RIvXw4VsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Vice Press Exclusive Editions include a A2 Poster

The Film Vault - Steelbook Editions
Art By Matt Ferguson & Florey

Shipping W/C 15th July
2001: A Space Odyssey - Edition of 300
Scarface - Edition of 200

Shipping W/C 29th July
Jaws - Edition of 300
Goodfellas - Edition of 200

Shipping W/C 19th August
Blade Runner - Edition of 300
The Shawshank Redemption - Edition of 200
Apollo 13 - Edition of 200

Poster Size - A2 (16.5 x 23.4 inches approx / 42 x 52.9 cm approx)
Poster Details - Hand numbered archival pigment print on 250gm Naturalis Absolute White Matt archival paper.

The Film Vault Vice Press Exclusive Edition - £49.99 Each

Last edited:
Reactions: GenPion
Just see the email where it’s mentioned that wave 3 is on its way. They might as well just continue as Steelbooks instead of the humongous sticks out on your shelf sized packaging editions

Edit: just see this comment

EA1A6935-CB24-4400-930E-A1CA0F900442.jpeg

Reactions: leelee17
I hope the steelbooks inside the big box editions don't have the same exact artwork on them, as the main box, because digipacks didn't!
I also hope that won't be at the expense of the glass blocks, as they're great!

How much would they charge for a big box edition with all the bits and a steelbook? £70?, £100 with the poster?
Well the way I see it they shouldn’t really change. Maybe £5 or £10 more but I don’t agree with that. If the steels on their own are £30 before a code then that means the box and other stuff is £20-£30 and they are no where near worth that. But who knows. The A2 posters are £30 extra with the steels, not sure how much extra the bigger ones were originally

• Thanks
Reactions: Roofr4sh