Captain America: The First Avenger (4K + Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: February 26, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6316076_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000.jpeg

Thanks to @Leprekon for the heads up

Last edited by a moderator:
lol it´s so quick that I can´t say If it´s glossy or matte :LOL: but it looks like spot gloss maybe? Either way, it´s incredibly gorgeous steel :hungry:

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Looks great. Image on the front except that cream border seems glossy and spot glossed shield on the back (I think)

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with @tono06 , this is nice but doesn't hold it's own when it comes to the Original HMV edition.
Really .... I have both the original Cap 1 & Thor from HMV and yes the Cap is stunning but it is just the shield on the front and him standing on the back.
I need your help here fella's .... would you buy the trilogy on 4K from Zoom and replace the discs in original HMV Cap 1 , Blu Fans Lenti Winter Soldier and the original Civil War with the embossed split shield or would you replace any of the steels apart from Blu Fans ?

yeah check the guy YT channel, he's got a quite few new steelbooks (Little Mermaid, Wreck-IT Ralph 2) but jeez he's so quick on unboxing can't tell what's going on with the finish! really frustrated i need to pause every second the see the finish lol!

Really .... I have both the original Cap 1 & Thor from HMV and yes the Cap is stunning but it is just the shield on the front and him standing on the back.
I need your help here fella's .... would you buy the trilogy on 4K from Zoom and replace the discs in original HMV Cap 1 , Blu Fans Lenti Winter Soldier and the original Civil War with the embossed split shield or would you replace any of the steels apart from Blu Fans ?
This is no different, it's just him standing on the front and an itty bitty shield on the back. Also the first edition has more than what your stating, it's also embossed in a debossed frame as well. But to each their own, if you like this one better, I'm happy for you, just I don't have to agree with you is all. :)

Reactions: kingkarl1967
It looks good. Certainly not the best Cap steel to date but it's a nice release and with the other two matching they are a nice little collection within a collection.

To me it´s one hell of a steelbook, love the retro style and very special smooth finish. Hopefully the UK one wil be the same.

I'd immediately go and replace the mediocre Blufans TWS lenti with one of the gorgeous Kimchi releases.

No debossing on this is a missed opportunity but I still really dig it. Can't wait to receive mine.