Devils Double (HMV Exclusive Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

justintime2k

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK
Release date: 26-12-2011

region locked.

edit - apsmith21 - from the distributor's facebook page...

question said:
Thanks for the pics. Steelbook looks amazing. BTW it is a steelbook right? Not a stickerbook (Steelbook with artwork stuck on rather than printed on)

answer said:
Glad you like! It is indeed a Steelbook (ie. gold finish metal case) for the blu-ray. Image is printed, but the quality if premium. You'll have to check it out in HMV stores!

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=388108

38304310150358341126845 (Medium).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i have big doubts about this one now.
i think it will be a stickerbook or some cheap version of a steelbook.

i will say, and this is almost to be expected (take into account recent uk steelbooks, certainly ones priced lower than the average £17.99-£19.99) it WILL NOT have:
1. inside artwork
2. embossing/debossing
3. removable ratings logos etc (it WILL all be printed)

The text WILL be printed on the back (no data sheet)

everyone who expects anything more than a mediocre release will be on this thread tearing it to pieces the second they get their hands on it.
come on guys, lets not get our hopes up and expect the impossible.
we can hope for the best, but plan for the worst.
this year 3 uk steelbooks have been sub £15;
cars 2 (everyone hating it)
source code (stickerbook. everyone hating it)
and now devils double (they come it threes right. see the trend?)

i have big doubts about this one now.
i think it will be a stickerbook or some cheap version of a steelbook.

i will say, and this is almost to be expected (take into account recent uk steelbooks, certainly ones priced lower than the average £17.99-£19.99) it WILL NOT have:
1. inside artwork
2. embossing/debossing
3. removable ratings logos etc (it WILL all be printed)

The text WILL be printed on the back (no data sheet)

everyone who expects anything more than a mediocre release will be on this thread tearing it to pieces the second they get their hands on it.
come on guys, lets not get our hopes up and expect the impossible.
we can hope for the best, but plan for the worst.
this year 3 uk steelbooks have been sub £15;
cars 2 (everyone hating it)
source code (stickerbook. everyone hating it)
and now devils double (they come it threes right. see the trend?)

I don't know what this will end up like, but comparing this to Disney Steelbooks (which always have ratings logos) or Play.com exclusives (which also seem to always have logos) isn't exactly directly on point either.

At £11.99 who can moan? That's good for a normally blu-ray... Besides Drive at £12.99 as well...

I agree, if you're worried just don't buy it. I think it looks nothing like a stickerbook, and I don't think where it's advertised as a Steelbook, I don't think it will be lesser quality. I can't wait to vote this the best steel of 2011

hey guys, I've done some digging and someone asked the below question of the distributor on their facebook page.

Hope this helps. :D

question said:
Thanks for the pics. Steelbook looks amazing. BTW it is a steelbook right? Not a stickerbook (Steelbook with artwork stuck on rather than printed on)

answer said:
Glad you like! It is indeed a Steelbook (ie. gold finish metal case) for the blu-ray. Image is printed, but the quality if premium. You'll have to check it out in HMV stores!

Am I the only who keeps looking at this and thinking it's Danny Dyer? Has anyone ever seen him and Dominic Cooper in the same room?