Disney Wave 2 (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Update 7/27/2011-Our own Insider contacts have informed us that these are not Steelbooks(TM), Metal Paks(TM) or Iron Packs(TM).More info here.

Thanks to Fan_of_Gaming for the previous title info below.

FOG said:
5 Disney movies will be released this fall exclusive to Futureshop

The Lion King (3D) - October 4
Bambi - October 11
Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D) - October 18
The Incredibles - October 25
Cars 2 (3D) - November 1

Last edited:
I will be getting all of these when they come out and could help others get a copy if group buy gets filled. have like 5 Future Shops within hour of me

no prob :) i have already sent couple copies of The Mechanic out to someone here, was very nice to deal with, looking forward to meeting and dealing with others

Yeah more speculation until we get more concrete info. I will likely skip them all together if they are Metal Paks as( there is no info that they are) to me ,they are flimsy and have no where near the build quality that genuine Steelbooks or even Ironpacks have. So even if Disney it just won't matter to me. I' ll stay tuned...

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Yeah more speculation until we get more concrete info. I will likely skip them all together if they are Metal Paks as( there is no info that they are) to me ,they are flimsy and have no where near the build quality that genuine Steelbooks or even Ironpacks have. So even if Disney it just won't matter to me. I' ll stay tuned...

Am with you on that one :ohno:

Kali-yeah, we'll have to see. Scanavo has different arrangements with different divisions around the world. I hope they end up being Steelbooks, as I'd like to add these to my collection myself. But as many of us know, details can change at the last minute. So we'll have to hang tight and see...:naughty:

+1 me too. So fingers crossed for Steelbooks.

I havent got any Disney Steelies yet, October could be expensive :hilarious:

I have POTC on uk order, ill hold off getting the 4 disc Incredibles for now then, or maybe just get it :D

MetalPaks haven't exactly appeared in huge numbers in the US or Canada as it was Ironpack and Steelbook. I really cannot see a massive company like Disney risking reputation on an acknowldged third rate product. If POTC4 in UK is Steelbook, makes sense to do it Worldwide and save on artwork expenses.

Surf-it would,but not all studios recycle art, across countries. And sadly, everyone-including major studios are looking for ways to save money. We'll have to see-it's all speculation until listings appear, and even then, we still need to wait....

FYI-heard from another insider that these are not "Ironpacks", but a different, and possibly new type of metal packaging. As always, it is very early, so until product listings go up, all info (except the fact that they are not Steelbooks), can always change. Thanks!

well is a sad news, unfortunaltely I can not go further over D MX (due policy rules) but will it a try

Last edited:
Buffalo, feel free to do so. I will also post if our insider contacts provide other info that we're able to share about the USA/Canada releases

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.