Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3/Xbox 360 Steelbook)(Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Leshita

Guy Incognito
Premium Supporter
Sep 7, 2011
Vancouver, BC
ffxiii2steel.jpg

The Canadian retailer, Future Shop, has announced another exclusive videogame Steelbook. The Final Fantsy XIII-2 Steelbook will be available for those who pre-order the game between December 6th 2011 and January 9th 2012. Word is that this release will be G2 only (further confirmation will be made in the near future), a welcomed change from the previous G1 only videogame Steelbook releases by Future Shop. A G1 version of the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Steelbook has been announced for European release for those who are interested in G1 sized Steelbooks.

Like the previous Future Shop releases, the Steelbook will be automatically added to your cart as a free bonus when you add the game to your cart. This promotion applies to both the regular and the collector's edition of the game for both the PS3 and Xbox 360. Below are links to the 4 SKUS that qualify for the Steelbook promotion.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (regular edition) (PS3) - $59.99
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (collector's edition) (PS3) - $79.99
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (regular edition) (360) - $59.99
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (collector's edition) (360) - $79.99

As always, you can also pre-order in stores and just pick up the Steelbook when you pick up your pre-order. There are pros and cons to both online orders and in-store orders so I often pre-order using both methods to ensure that I am guaranteed a copy and have a better chance of getting a mint one (most of the time these pre-order bonuses are not sealed so they get scratched up during shipment).

The below inside art was also posted on the Future Shop forums.
ffxiii2inside-1024x613.jpg

Here is the standalone link for the Steelbook at the $99.99 price tag (free when you order the game).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: friedricetogo
Every copy was scratched or dented at the Metrotown store.
I'm heading to another store now in hopes of finding a mint one, really wish they sealed these. The black color makes scratched even more apparent. :(

Every copy was scratched or dented at the Metrotown store.
I'm heading to another store now in hopes of finding a mint one, really wish they sealed these. The black color makes scratched even more apparent. :(

I know my friend! I went back to Future Shop after seeing your message, wanted to surprise you with a mint copy, but all the ones left are super scratched as well :(

Reactions: Leshita
I know my friend! I went back to Future Shop after seeing your message, wanted to surprise you with a mint copy, but all the ones left are super scratched as well :(

Thanks for trying. I just ordered a bunch online, hopefully at least one is mint. The other store would not let me exchange since I didn't preorder there and theirs were reserved for preorders only. :(

I've been lucky. I picked up 3 and since I was early, had the opportunity to selct them carefully.

But yeah, damn black steels with easy scratching... :angry:

I got all mines mint :) scratches are gonna be there since they don't seal it but I got to hand pick mines 2 weeks ago when they first came in and put it aside for me.

My CE came with the best buy exclusive booklet also :)

Just got mine in the mail along with my CE. My steel has 2 small dings on the back but absolutely zero scratches, I guess im fine with that since I wont be displaying the back cause of the ugly barcode! This time, FS shipped in an EXTRA LARGE jiffy bag LOL.

recieved the German Steel today bit disappointed its G1 but it looks pretty nice. Thinking of letting it go and get a G2 Canada Steel not sure yet :(

It really comes down to what bothers you less, G1 size or printed barcode on the back. For me, I preferred a printed barcode rather than G1, so I got the Canadian one. But either way the front artwork is really nice!

Quick reminder, please use the designated/monitored trading forum if you have extra steelbooks for trade. This thread is meant for discussion purposes only. Thanks :)

I got 6 copies from my online order today... all dented and scratched again.
I hope the one with my CE that has yet to ship is not damaged. :/

I got 6 copies from my online order today... all dented and scratched again.
I hope the one with my CE that has yet to ship is not damaged. :/

Ouch!! I cringed a little reading that because these are beautiuful! Unfortunately that stuff does happen...I should be glad mine came with only 2 minor dings. :ohno:

Just wondering, does anyone have pictures of the novella that came with the Bestbuy exclusive preorder? Tried to look online but no dice.