• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: April 10th, 2014
Price: $49.00
Print run: 1K (1/4 slip: 300) and (Lenticular: 700)
Notes: Disc : 2D+3D

Pre-order links: (SOLD-OUT)
1/4 slip:
http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20066
Lenticular slip: http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20065

GROUP BUY links: (SOLD-OUT)
Lenticular slip (300 units)
1/4 slip (100 units)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Full Lenticular Slip:
Frozen-Kimchi2.jpg

CONFIRMED LENTICULAR SLIPCOVER
13959876514432054.gif

1/4 Slip:
Frozen-Kimchi1.jpg

Packaging Type:
- Metallic shine 1/4 slip and embossed title. 300 print run
- Full size lenticular with amazing effect : 700 print run
- Frozen Numbered artcard : 1/4 slip: 1-300, lenticular: 1-700
- Pre-order gift: Non-exclusive plastic clear slipcover (same as Thor 2 Kimchi)
- Special gift: Clear slipcover with title on side
- 5 Major character artcard
- 2 Teaser Poster image poster card
- Frozen Kimchidvd exclusive sticker

Other infos:
Original poll for Lenticular image:
- Choice A
Frozen.jpg

- Choice B
frozen-825x1024_zpsccf62d56.jpg

- Choice C confirmed
13959876514432054.gif

[Kimchidvd Announcement]
This release is each one per one customer, you can only order 1x 1/4 slip and 1x lenticular
All duplication order WILL be cancelled without notice and do not refunded to paypal or credit card, it will be going to saving money(credits) on kimchidvd account

Pre-order time on Kimchi:
Pre-order date and time:
18th March, Korea Time: 10:00AM
18th March, Hong Kong Time: 9:00AM
17th March, US/Canada Time: 9:00PM ET, 6:00PM PT
18th March, UK Time: 1:00AM
18th March, Germany/France Time: 2:00AM

GB #1 time:
GO LIVE TIME #1 - 150 copies of Lenticular slip, 50 copies of 1/4 slip (available for 1 HOUR ONLY, or until all 150 & 50 spots reserved).

PT (Los Angeles, USA) Monday, 17 March 2014, 07:00 PM
ET (New York, USA) Monday, 17 March 2014, 10:00 PM
GMT - Tuesday, 18 March 2014 02:00 AM

GB #2 time:
GO LIVE TIME #2 - 150 copies of Lenticular slip, 50 copies of 1/4 slip - AVAILABLE UNTIL ALL REMAINING SPOTS of 300 & 100 RESERVED!

PT (Los Angeles, USA) Tuesday, 18 March 2014, 03:00AM
ET (New York, USA) Tuesday, 18 March 2014, 06:00AM
GMT - Tuesday, 18 March 2014 10:00 AM

Important Notice

Before packaging today, Kimchidvd found some defect on poster card, so it need to take time to re-produce poster card

it means there will be shipping delay.

Attachments

• 10876045-1389291073-260794.jpg
    10876045-1389291073-260794.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 512
  • Frozen-835a8007.jpg
    Frozen-835a8007.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,003
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 481
Last edited by a moderator:
It won't have the long term appeal of Thor ...iron man... Avengers. So wait 6-8 months, especially December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 1000% sure this will be sold out faster than Thor even if 1 per customer

less than 10 mins.

higher demand than Thor !!!!!

sent from Galaxy S4

agreed

the movies Oscar win's have put it up there with the Disney greats - almost everyone will have a copy of this movie (much like how everyone owned a copy of Beauty and the Beast, or Lion King back in the day)...but only 1000 of us will be lucky enough to get this beauty :)

btw, no info on a potential 'go live' date yet Choi?
Bit eager I know :)

agreed

the movies Oscar win's have put it up there with the Disney greats - almost everyone will have a copy of this movie (much like how everyone owned a copy of Beauty and the Beast, or Lion King back in the day)...but only 1000 of us will be lucky enough to get this beauty :)

Ok. How many of you hard b...ds will own up to having owned/watched Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.
I can remember going to the pictures to see the likes of Jungle Book...Mary Poppins... Bed Knobs...
Also anything could have happened it that 1/2 hour!!!
:)

Ok. How many of you hard b...ds will own up to having owned/watched Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.
I can remember going to the pictures to see the likes of Jungle Book...Mary Poppins... Bed Knobs...
hard b...ds? Um, ok.
You realise there are females here too :)

...therefore I've no issue admitting I've own all of the big four on VHS, DVD and now Blu-ray steelbook (BATB Ironpack but same diff) :D

I've watched both Lion King and Beauty and the Beast quite a few times. ;) The Lion King is one of the best Disney movies to be released.

agreed

Ok as a fella and a huge Disney fan, owning a copy or 4 of every Disney classic available except one so far I would say that Frozen will go like hot cakes wherever a steelbook surfaces. I hope to in time get a few different releases one of the Korean steels being on my radar.

I'm hoping the pre order link goes soon or the last week of March. I'll be in AZ next weekend so I'm not sure using the cellphone will give me time to get my order in. The website is definitely gonna crash...

Next upcoming exclusive same as Thor 2. print run 1000.

Tony and I talked about 1 per customer.

so we concluded like this

1st pre-order round - half of print run like 500
1 per customer, duplication order will be cancelled. only pre-order run for 3 days.

2nd pre-order round - half of print run like 500
3 per customer, duplication order will be welcomed.

No combined shipping allowed for 1st and 2nd pre-order round.

that's what kimchi thought to give HDN ninja to secure their copies.

fyi.

That's mean 1st pre-order round will be 150 1/4 slip and 350 lenticular slip? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Why not list the complete amount in the first pre-order time. This way it would not be as crazy as some previous Steelbooks, and I guess it would really give everyone the change to order since duplication orders would be cancelled. A limit to 1 of each might be a good idea to make sure that many people can order but if it`s only half the print run it`s not really different to when listing the complete print run with a limit of 2 and 3.

Reactions: lgans316
Announcement from kimchidvd

Here is updated news about Kimchidvd exclusive #9
1) Price is adjusted to 49.00$ due to Disney Korea price policy because it's only sale for international customer only. (Only kimchidvd exclusive will contain lenticular and some of extra stuff.). Kimchidvd can not control the price. :angry:

2) Pre-order date is shift to 18th March due to higher demand, many request mail or call come to kimchidvd. so Kimchidvd want to sell this release as soon as possible.

3) There is no second round, Kimchidvd restrict each one per one customer. 1x 1/4 slip and lenticular. after sold out, Tony reviewed the order log, then he will cancel the order, money will goes to saving money on kimchidvd account. No paypal refund, No credit card refund

Today paypal emailed kimchidvd about cancellation ratio. so most of fund on kimchidvd account is pending until cancellation ratio is going down.

so please make sure you can order 1x 1/4 slip and 1x lenticular only

No second round! all info. updated in OP.

fyi.

Last edited: