Godzilla - In theaters May 16, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Godzilla (2014)

Tagline: A king's arrival is never silent.

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Gareth Edwards[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Aaron Taylor-Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Watanabe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elizabeth Olsen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bryan Cranston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Juliette Binoche[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sally Hawkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Strathairn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]CJ Adams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carson Bolde[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard T. Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Victor Rasuk[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick Sabongui[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jared Keeso[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Luc Roderique[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Pizzinato[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Al Sapienza[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Markinson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yuki Morita[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Shields[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Catherine Lough Haggquist[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eric Keenleyside[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Yamamura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hiro Kanagawa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James D. Dever[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ty Olsson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kurt Max Runte[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jill Teed[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Konechny[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-05-16[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]123[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Fifteen years after an 'incident' at a Japanese nuclear power plant, physicist Joe Brody joins forces with his soldier son Ford to discover for themselves what really happened. What they uncover is prelude to global-threatening devastation. An epic rebirth to Toho's iconic Godzilla, this spectacular adventure pits the world's most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
szVwkB4H5yyOJBVuQ432b9boO0N.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
A giant radioactive monster called Godzilla awakens from its slumber to wreak destruction on its creators.

Director: Gareth Edwards
Writers: Max Borenstein (screenplay), Dave Callaham (screenplay), Frank Darabont (screenplay),
David S. Goyer (story)
Stars: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe, Juliette Binoche, David Strathairn

Trailer:
[media=youtube]ECUbuBrbP1g[/media]#t=143

Attachments

• 532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg
    532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 428
Last edited by a moderator:
there was a teaser shown at SDCC but the only thing you'll find are a few bootleg pics of what Godzilla looks like in the teaser

to say i'm pissing my pants with excitment is a massive understatment

but saying that, i was like this with the 1998 movie and i still haven't got over the disappointment

Release date added to OP! :scat:
Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures have slated their take on the classic Godzilla franchise to kick off the Summer moviegoing season on May 16, 2014. The joint announcement was made today by Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution, and Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, President of International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures, and by Legendary Pictures.

Toho Co., Ltd.’s Godzilla franchise contains one of the most widely recognized movie monsters worldwide, including more than 25 films, multiple television programs, video games and book series. Legendary, which has been developing the project, and its partner Warner Bros. will return the character to its epic roots with a gritty, realistic actioner. The project will fall under Legendary’s overall agreement with Warner Bros.

The film is directed by Gareth Edwards, who earned worldwide acclaim for his feature directorial debut, “Monsters.” Edwards directs from a screenplay by David Callaham (“The Expendables” films), David S. Goyer (the “Dark Knight” trilogy) and Max Borenstein (upcoming “The Seventh Son”). Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni will produce, along with Roy Lee, Dan Lin and Brian Rogers. Alex Garcia and Patricia Whitcher will serve as executive producers alongside Doug Davison, Yoshimitsu Banno and Kenji Okuhira.

A presentation of Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures, the film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, except in Japan, where it will be distributed by Toho Co., Ltd. The tent pole film is expected to be presented in 3D.

Reactions: Gaveecho
Ok, I will give it a chance, it has to be better than the Godzilla with Matthew Broderick (ugh). But those are just my thoughts....I hope they do a better job this time around....

Looks like they have some interesting people aboard this venture.

Hopefully it will turn out to be something better then the last Godzilla movie! :)

I hope it brings about the re release of the 80's Henna Barbera cartoon I can STILL remember the song for that. I LOVED the cartoon Godzilla.

The Emmerich movie was okayish but could have done better.

Yeah i didnt mind Emmerich's version. Was a fun popcorn flick if a bit silly at times. Edward's looks tobe aiming to go with a darker vision so should be good. I didnt mind Monsters but though the ending just didnt do it for me.

Just a heads-up:
the development of this is now in court since the producers are going against Legendary picture and vice-versa... :(

Thanks for the poster Tridon! I wonder when we'll get the 1st trailer! So damn excited for this! :scat:

Did you see director Gareth Edwards' Monsters? Such a great alien/sci-fi/giant-monster flick. I definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't seen it. As for the trailer, I'm sure there'll be something online after Comic-Con, though I think that the first official trailer will probably appear in front of Legendary's Seventh Son film in the fall.

Reactions: bloodsnake007