Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive No. 15) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 29, 2017
Purchase links: Box set - Lenticular - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - (Pre-order starts August 11 at 10 PM until August 25 10 PM Korea time) - All editions currently OOS
Price: $47 (Individual editions) - $155 (Boxset)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv Box set - Lenticular - Full Slip A - Full Slip B
Notes: "Our pre-order will start from August 11 until August 25 and we will make same number of products as our orders. We are testing a different style of pre-order and Pre-order can end early."
Total print run = 4000
Box set gift: original production notes 52p
36 pages photo book
8x character card
6x post card

GOTG-01.jpgGOTG-02.jpgGOTG-03.jpgGOTG-04.jpg
20622312_1022442121192893_3036679281210987160_n.jpg

Last edited:
What’s the error then? The misprint on the cast list or something with the edition size?

Civil war credits instead of guardians

Reminds me of the cocoon Steelbook credits with the wrong director

Here is their post, as translated from Korean to English via Google translate:

[Notice] NE.015 <Guardians of Galaxy Vol.1> Lentio Ring Credits Error and sticker guide. Good morning. Nova Media. This NE.015 <Guardians of Galaxy Vol.1> will notify you about the error on the credit report. In the process of delivering the final print data, it is a mistake of Nova Media, which has entered the wrong data and has not been able to detect the problem early and to be careful. Also, I apologize for the delay in dealing with this issue after the release of the product. We will send out a sticker to cope with the error. We will send a sticker to all customers who have purchased the <Guardians of Galaxy Vol.1> box set and Lentio Ling version.

If you have any questions regarding the address change of the online purchasing customers, or customers who have used the secondhand purchase, please ask for the address of the recipient to the place of purchase. Customers who purchase offline will be able to visit the store where they purchased it, so that they can receive it. Shipments will be made in early November, after the details are finalized. As a Blu-ray producer, I made a big mistake, and I was disappointed by many people. Also, I sincerely apologize to all those who purchased this <Guardians of Galaxy> including Blu-ray collectors. Thank you. Nova Media Dream

Reactions: bluray hunter
How on earth wasn't this picked up when they put the parts together? And to then miss it again when they were packed for dispatch pretty much shows the level of care and attention.
I mean if it was 1 or 2 they could have easily been missed but the whole print run of boxes and Lentis is just laughable, I can see some PayPal cases being raised if all they are offering is a ******* sticker to cover there huge balls up. Lol @ Novamedia

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: cooey
Sorry @Flloydo couldn't resist it
You have a good point something of this proportion should have been picked up earlier
Sadly their quality control is getting worse in my opinion many of my direct purchases of late have had issue including this release

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
A sticker doesn't cut it, for one if you're a collection that keeps these sealed then you're screwed and sticking a sticker over a slip case which is holofoil is going to look wank.

They should take this on the chin and replace the slips

Sorry @Flloydo couldn't resist it
You have a good point something of this proportion should have been picked up earlier
Sadly their quality control is getting worse in my opinion many of my direct purchases of late have had issue including this release

I was laying it down for someone to click and finish it anyway.

I do agree, this year I've had a issue with kill bill vol 1, John wick 2 and avengers AOU. All were fixed except AOU (apparently they have no replacements left after the amount of people who complained about the same damage so they offered me 2 nova points!!! That's like £1.40 for a damaged WEA Steelbook) and that's the one that's annoyed me the most because it's a lovely steel and one of my favourites from this year. Like it follows, love both steels but both plagued with issues.

Nova need to sort their quality on many levels

Awesome! :drool::thumbs:

On topic: Embarrassing for Novamedia, sure. But I'm with @Masta Norris - until the first photo appeared, nobody seems to have cared enough about the credits to read them. Why the fuss now?
Maybe it's because a lot of people still haven't received their order yet. I for one am one of those people so the ''fuss'' being caused as you say is perfectly warranted :mooning:

• Thanks
Reactions: Covcraig
What a balls up by novamedia, just shows this WAS a rushed job in getting it out and to top it all off there shipping the stickers in November??? They should be shipping them NOW!!

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
People are going to throw their toys out of their prams over this? Seriously? Jesus christ, get a grip. Be happy you got a copy.
Please don't give me the whole "It's the principal and if you are paying for something it should be perfect" schpiel either.
Nova have apologised and we all make mistakes.
@Masta Norris @CleverLoginName I'm with you guys on this.
I won't be losing sleep over this but you are entitled to your opinions and debates (as I am my own) so crack on and ignore this.

By the way, I still haven't received my one click of this but I'll be sure to give it a big hug and kiss when it does finally arrive. :thumbs:

I was laying it down for someone to click and finish it anyway.

I do agree, this year I've had a issue with kill bill vol 1, John wick 2 and avengers AOU. All were fixed except AOU (apparently they have no replacements left after the amount of people who complained about the same damage so they offered me 2 nova points!!! That's like £1.40 for a damaged WEA Steelbook) and that's the one that's annoyed me the most because it's a lovely steel and one of my favourites from this year. Like it follows, love both steels but both plagued with issues.

Nova need to sort their quality on many levels
And I thought it was a bum deal when they offered me 10 Nova Points for my three damaged Kill Bill vol 2 steels. :LOL:

In hindsight, I probably should've taken the Nova Points, since the three replacement steels were more damaged than the first set. :facepalm::rofl:

As for this particular misprint, I don't think I'd be terribly bothered by it. If I'd bought it, I think I'd rather just have the cost of the sticker + shipping credited to my account than have some slapdash sticker solution.

I don't think this screwup spells the end for Nova, but it does seem to be another in a series of unfortunate missteps for their brand. Hopefully they can get things sorted soon. They're certainly capable of putting out an incredible product when they take their time to do so. :coffee:

It's funny to read all the posts with the ah, well it's ok, but in the end I still come to the same conclusion. If this is premium reseller you can also expect a premium product. It's ok to mistakes, as long as you offer a good solution.

And in this case it should be "sorry, we made a mistake, but we're fixing it by releasing a new product and will be exchanged for free. We know you have paid for a premium product and you should also get one".
Now it gives the message: "Sorry, we made a mistake. We don't care. We have your money already. Here's a sticker".

• Thanks
Reactions: reisspsy