Have you ever "Quit" collecting Steelbooks?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I thought this might be a slightly different and interesting topic.

Ever so often I see people quit, and some come back etc.

So have you ever "Quit" collecting steelbooks only to start later on?

For those who are reading who have quit entirely, what made it easier for you? Just stopping, selling some, all etc?

Me personally, I started like gangbusters but then toned it down to great degree to where I'm able to collect moderately :)

So yeah, I have no plans of quitting ... this is just a unique (me thinks) topic for our community. :p

Crash-good for you-I imagine it can be a tough to get to this point. But I imagine you are glad you did:)

It was a little tough to get to the point I am at, but since I quit actively collecting them "all" at the end of 2009, deciding to sell at the beginning of 2011 was not as difficult as popping it all at once. Just go half way, pull back, and then go all the way later :naughty:

Cheers
CrashKelly

I like collecting but i get the films i like and open them straight away:D and only have one version of each. dont think i will quit

I ..... envy ..... you. lol. Though I'm happy with how I collect, but your way is so much more efficient.

I've been able to keep the temptation in a leash. I've only bought every SB that I liked. I probably have like 50 total. It's very expensive habit.

I still have not opened 1 steelbook from my current collection and I do not intend to.

I am pretty sure that The Matrix will be my first steelbook of the new collection, and it will get opened in the car moments after purchase. It is my rule to ensure I do not walk down the old path again

CHeers
CrashKelly

Which pill do I take? LOL.

Damn. NOw that is something that should be preserved forever. EEK!

I think rock and roll hall of fame or something should buy that.

I agree, fascinating video and incredibly sad that no-one is interested in taking on the collection.

For my own collecting habit, I like the idea of having a complete set of something - obviously in the world of Blu-ray disks this completely impractical unless you are mega-rich. I've decided to stick to the BD digibooks that interest me and the occasional steelbook as far as my budget allows me.

I will be slowing down greatly for the next few months. Kind of hard to collect when your at work on a fishing boat in the ocean. LOL. Of course I still have orders in and will be on the internet hear and there in between fishing trips.

BTW I opened up a steelbook today. RE Trilogy KOR. It looks mighty fine out of its wrapper.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

They need to make a Steelbook Shake to curb our appetite, LOL

With lots of fiber. :hilarious:

I will be slowing down greatly for the next few months. Kind of hard to collect when your at work on a fishing boat in the ocean. LOL. Of course I still have orders in and will be on the internet hear and there in between fishing trips.

BTW I opened up a steelbook today. RE Trilogy KOR. It looks mighty fine out of its wrapper.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

With lots of fiber. :hilarious:

Sounds like a cool job, for those who like adventures and hard work :)

I started of just collecting the odd steelbook then i got into reading forums and then got one or two imports. I then thought no foreign writing only english, off course that lasted about a week! Lol. I am still quite conservative about the steels i buy, i need to like the movie and if its one i really like i will collect multiples. I only feel like quitting when i get a damaged steel or when the steel looks mint till you remove the back paper and there is a big dent, that annoys the hell out of me!

I will never quit. Luckily I have a very supportive wife (who collects shoes) and a good wage. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to collecting, but will only collect movies I will actually watch. I will NEVER get a resident evil Steelbook as I absolutely despise those putrid movies. I am so glad that Crash is not quitting tho, that cheered me up.

I guess there will be involuntary "quit" periods when the wallet is empty or the wife has hidden the credit card.