HDN Event HDN Horror Celebration'11 for Halloween at Hidefninja! (Closed, see you next year!)

Do you watch more horror flicks around Halloween?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No-I watch Horror films all year!

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Just depends on my mood

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No, not a horror fan at all

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yes!

• Yes!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
ninjahalloween2.jpg

Hey guys!

I am starting a new thread for this year-feel free to chime in with any horror/thriller/suspense flicks you are watching for Halloween (all of October). Can be any format, and from any time period.

Share your thoughts and let us know what's you're checking out!

And...feel free to share your personal top 10 list of favorite horror flicks of all time!

Have fun,
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, is it that good, Ricker? I know that film was delayed for release several times...

It's awesome, The young actress that starred in Silent Hill gives another creepy performance, and Renee Zelwegger can actually act. Who knew. Now I have to watch Silent Hill again.

Rickers, thanks-it's still on my list, maybe I'll bump it up! I still have not seen 'The Frighteners'....

Just finished The Mimic Directors Cut, its one long and boring movie:( I was just waiting and hoping it was almost over. Not recommended:(

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Just realized they have Strangeland on netflix If anyone's interested.

I´m watching the Nightmare on Elmstreet movies for Halloween.
Also i watched the fog recently.
Unfortunately in Germany we dont really celebrate Halloween but it slowly spills over to us from the states. Only a few kids go from hous to house here to get some sweets but not many, its rather an exception if someone knocks.

I´m watching the Nightmare on Elmstreet movies for Halloween.
Also i watched the fog recently.
Unfortunately in Germany we dont really celebrate Halloween but it slowly spills over to us from the states. Only a few kids go from hous to house here to get some sweets but not many, its rather an exception if someone knocks.

If we don't give candy to the many knocks in my neiborhood, we get TP'd or egged, so I usually have to spend about 75 bucks on candy, to give out.

Wow! I only buy some chocolate bars for maybe 5€ thats enough. Last year only about 5-10 kids were here with their parents. Only 1 was was dressed as a vampire the others were in their everyday clothing.

Yeah, Halloween is pretty big in the states. Ricker, I didn't think 'egging' was still happening, LOL. Maybe it's time you go on a yearly Halloween 'trip'. Haha!
My mom (may she rest in peace), was a HUGE horror movie fan. One year, she took all of the lights off on the front porch, dressed in all black, and painted her face snow white and teased her hair out/painted blood under her eyes, and put a noose around her neck, so it looked like there was only a head hanging there. The kids went nuts! No one wanted to get candy, LOL!

And look at me, I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to Horror (I wonder why?). But I love catching up on "scary" flicks (not so much bloody) each Halloween, part of it to celebrate my mom's sense of humor and love of horror-though I, too love classics:)

DB

Hey guys-changing it up with some new Horror topics in here-what would you say are the top 3 scariest movies you've EVER seen?

Chime in!
DB

Hey guys-changing it up with some new Horror topics in here-what would you say are the top 3 scariest movies you've EVER seen?

Chime in!
DB

In no particular order:

The Thing (John Carpenter)
The Haunting (The Original)
Alien

The Thing and Alien gave me nightmares for weeks when I originally watched them :ohno:

I haven't seen a horror film that comes even close to scaring me for years. I think my age has desenitised me to them.

Top 10 Horror:

1) The Thing (JC's)
2) Jaws
3) The Shining
4) Alien
5) The Exorcist
6) Friday the 13th series
7) Nightmare on Elm Street series
8) Halloween series
9) Evil Dead series
10) The Body Snatcher

If anyone hasn't seen The Body Snatcher, do yourself a favor and check it out. Karloff OWNS that movie.

****... "Seven" should be in that list at around #5-6... but the other ones listed are more 'halloween-y'.

ADDED:

To DB's top 3 'scariest' question:

The Thing was the last movie to really chill me. I saw it in college, late at night, on a ratty VHS tape when I was living alone in a studio apartment back in '99.

Around the same time, I saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the first time... and the moment when Leatherface slams that huge metal door after throwing that kid on a meat hook... very disturbing.

Anyway, top 3 'scariest' for me would be...

* Jaws (forever made everyone in the US scared to swim in the ocean)
* The Thing

Not sure about #3... Have to think about that one.

Last edited:
Yeah, Halloween is pretty big in the states. Ricker, I didn't think 'egging' was still happening, LOL. Maybe it's time you go on a yearly Halloween 'trip'. Haha!
My mom (may she rest in peace), was a HUGE horror movie fan. One year, she took all of the lights off on the front porch, dressed in all black, and painted her face snow white and teased her hair out/painted blood under her eyes, and put a noose around her neck, so it looked like there was only a head hanging there. The kids went nuts! No one wanted to get candy, LOL!

And look at me, I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to Horror (I wonder why?). But I love catching up on "scary" flicks (not so much bloody) each Halloween, part of it to celebrate my mom's sense of humor and love of horror-though I, too love classics:)

DB

I recently lost my mom as well, but she would was petrified of horror. the last horror movie she saw was at a theater. It was the classic "Them". I guess that scarred her for life. Everytime she came over to my house I was watching something gruesome, and she would say "how can you watch that stuff?" Because to this day if I have a bloody nose, I pass out.

Just watched The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)

I'm scared of Leatherface.:ohno::ohno:

Status
Not open for further replies.