tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
HDN Podcast.jpg

Episode 1 is finally here! Join @Wreck and myself as we chat about SteelBooks, what's currently in theaters, Mondo and various other art print companies, and much, much more!

Episode 1 also features 'The SteelBook Shakedown' -- a segment where we talk about what's at the top of the SteelBook section of the forum -- and 'Tridon Gets Wrecked' -- a segment where I interview the man himself and give you some insight into the world of HDN.

There's currently a few different ways to get the podcast: SoundCloud, iTunes, orYouTube

Give it a listen and then come back here and let us know what you liked and what you would like to hear the next time around! :thumbs:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-07-03 23.42.01.png
    Screenshot 2017-07-03 23.42.01.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 183,519
Last edited by a moderator:
episode 3 will be back with more steel talk etc.

Episode 2 however features @tridon as we chat the just announced news of George Romero's passing and then cuts to @Colombianlove41 joining as we talk an hour of Collectibles, Toys, Statues, Hot Toys , Funko, my crazy son, and mentioning a few forum members a long the way. A few that come to mind are @raspor @Drum18 @roseart @mllNY and im surely missing more. And a few shenanigans along the way that I hope @Colombianlove41 enjoys. ;)

@Snollygoster

Currently at work and I just started listening to Episode Numero Dos! :thumbs:

I'm so EXCITED! :woot: I'll be back! :cool: :D

Episode 2 however features @tridon as we chat the just announced news of George Romero's passing and then cuts to @Colombianlove41 joining as we talk an hour of Collectibles, Toys, Statues, Hot Toys , Funko, my crazy son, and mentioning a few forum members a long the way. A few that come to mind are @raspor @Drum18 @roseart @mllNY and im surely missing more. And a few shenanigans along the way that I hope @Colombianlove41 enjoys. ;)

@Snollygoster

Another cool podcast

I love those q-Figs and I agree they are a step up from pop vinyls but also similarities. The detail on them is incredible for something that's quite small and very well priced. I only paid £4 for dr strange!! Mental
Still after deadpool

Love the stories about stan lee and Karl urban wanting your steels. lol.

Urban wanting to go back to your hotel room for one :rofl:

I had a situation like that once about 10 years ago but with Steve o from jackass except he wanted me to get him drugs!!!! Picked me out of a crowd and all he said was "Hey man can you get some drugs?" :rofl:
This was when he was a huge messer.
He was wearing a jumper with loads of ketchup and mustard on it. Never forget that

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and tridon
Another cool podcast

I love those q-Figs and I agree they are a step up from pop vinyls but also similarities. The detail on them is incredible for something that's quite small and very well priced. I only paid £4 for dr strange!! Mental
Still after deadpool

Love the stories about stan lee and Karl urban wanting your steels. lol.

Urban wanting to go back to your hotel room for one :rofl:

I had a situation like that once about 10 years ago but with Steve o from jackass except he wanted me to get him drugs!!!! Picked me out of a crowd and all he said was "Hey man can you get some drugs?" :rofl:
This was when he was a huge messer.
He was wearing a jumper with loads of ketchup and mustard on it. Never forget that

:LOL:

So you're the go-to guy for drugs, eh? Do you help everyone out or only those wearing condiments as clothing? :hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
:LOL:

So you're the go-to guy for drugs, eh? Do you help everyone out or only those wearing condiments as clothing? :hilarious:

:rofl:

Only him and the guy with salad cream on his turtleneck

I have no idea why he picked me out. My mates are sure it was because of the long hair and the fact I looked like a stoner which I always disagree with but then I'm not named after Brad Pitt in true romance for no reason lol

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
:rofl:

Only him and the guy with salad cream on his turtleneck

I have no idea why he picked me out. My mates are sure it was because of the long hair and the fact I looked like a stoner which I always disagree with but then I'm not named after Brad Pitt in true romance for no reason lol

Well if you were making the face in your avatar pic at the time, I can understand why he chose you out of the audience. :LOL:

• Thanks

Woah... first of all, gotta admit I was kinda impressed with @Wreck stories about how you brought your steels to different conventions and Dredd himself asked you for a copy... and you didn't gave your hotel room # ???? What about inviting him take a drink and chat? Geez...!

Also, I know we're only at Podcast #2, but double-woah, this sound effect galore was getting a little bit mind blowing don't you think??? :p

Now, let's get to the main subject of your podcast: statues and 1/6 figure.
Loved how you guys @Wreck @tridon @Colombianlove41 discussed about how you deal with your figures. I personnally didn't like to "play" with them by moving them, taking pictures and other. All the different figures I had, once unwrapped, I placed them in 1 stance with the different accessories and never ever moved them... so that is mainly why I decided to upgrade to 1/4 Statues. And yeah, can't wait to see @Wreck bring his "toys" to the beach :hilarious: .
And about people who keeps them into their box and NOT for reselling but only for the sake of "having it"... well... do I have to bring this

Also, like you guys, I don't really get the phenomenon Funko Pop! Imagine the poor soul who "NEEDS" to get ALL of them... is it humanly possible???

For you @tridon regarding Big Daddy from Bioshock:
http://store.irrationalgames.com/store/tk2irr/en_US/pd/productID.330712100
or
https://www.popcultcha.com.au/bioshock-big-daddy-rosie-21-statue.html

Now, as @Wreck mentionned, I feel soooooooo relieved to have abandonned the Hot Toys Iron Man mania! How many of them are there now??? I'm not up-to-date on the Iron Man Hot Toys 1/6 & 1/4 Masterlist, but all this is getting ridiculous... and yeah, seems like the same is happening for the Stormtrooper and others... Hot Toys & Sideshow sure knows how to milk something out...

@Wreck, think I found a 1989 Keaton Batman, but it's here in Montreal... shipping would be a pain... would you like me to check for the price???
hope for you that you won't regret in a year or so for not getting the Ledger PF as I pointed to you several times now... ;)

Oh and finally, did you guys took 1 hour 6 minutes of my work day!!!! WOW!!!
And, the last words were the best... "I'm the Latino Machine" @Colombianlove41 :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Woah... first of all, gotta admit I was kinda impressed with @Wreck stories about how you brought your steels to different conventions and Dredd himself asked you for a copy... and you didn't gave your hotel room # ???? What about inviting him take a drink and chat? Geez...!

Also, I know we're only at Podcast #2, but double-woah, this sound effect galore was getting a little bit mind blowing don't you think??? :p

Now, let's get to the main subject of your podcast: statues and 1/6 figure.
Loved how you guys @Wreck @tridon @Colombianlove41 discussed about how you deal with your figures. I personnally didn't like to "play" with them by moving them, taking pictures and other. All the different figures I had, once unwrapped, I placed them in 1 stance with the different accessories and never ever moved them... so that is mainly why I decided to upgrade to 1/4 Statues. And yeah, can't wait to see @Wreck bring his "toys" to the beach :hilarious: .
And about people who keeps them into their box and NOT for reselling but only for the sake of "having it"... well... do I have to bring this

Also, like you guys, I don't really get the phenomenon Funko Pop! Imagine the poor soul who "NEEDS" to get ALL of them... is it humanly possible???

For you @tridon regarding Big Daddy from Bioshock:
http://store.irrationalgames.com/store/tk2irr/en_US/pd/productID.330712100
or
https://www.popcultcha.com.au/bioshock-big-daddy-rosie-21-statue.html

Now, as @Wreck mentionned, I feel soooooooo relieved to have abandonned the Hot Toys Iron Man mania! How many of them are there now??? I'm not up-to-date on the Iron Man Hot Toys 1/6 & 1/4 Masterlist, but all this is getting ridiculous... and yeah, seems like the same is happening for the Stormtrooper and others... Hot Toys & Sideshow sure knows how to milk something out...

@Wreck, think I found a 1989 Keaton Batman, but it's here in Montreal... shipping would be a pain... would you like me to check for the price???
hope for you that you won't regret in a year or so for not getting the Ledger PF as I pointed to you several times now... ;)

Oh and finally, did you guys took 1 hour 6 minutes of my work day!!!! WOW!!!
And, the last words were the best... "I'm the Latino Machine" @Colombianlove41 :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Glad you enjoyed Podcast #2, man! I was actually only a part of the opening where @Wreck and I were discussing Romero and SteelBooks. Everything after that was Wreck and the Latino Machine himself, @Colombianlove41 -- so I believe it was Michael who was asking about the Bioshock products. :thumbs:

It was truly a great podcast, though! It made the collectwhore (copyright pending) in me go crazy! I've always been in awe of the Sideshow statues and the Hot Toys figures, but they've always been outside of my own personal price range. I'm more of a 'head to the LCBS and check out the Marvel Select figures' kinda guy. I sure do love looking at those costly beauties from Sideshow, though. ;)

• Thanks
Loved the episode, can't wait for the next although I did want to hear about steelbooks it nice to hear about the hot toys, reminds me how diverse the site is and that it's not just a Steelbook site.
Keep up the great work

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
  • Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
#3 is much more movie centric.

Its also longer ...

Has more structure ........

and

we might as well start tagging folks who get referenced in #3 so they have more time to know for when it gets published.

@Danzigg1979 @floydo @TheCollector86 @howarmat @tridon @Sigill @paulboland @Colombianlove41 @PunkNinja @C.C. 95 @bloodsnake007 :rolleyes:
@Drum18 @lgans316

And I'm sure there are more im forgetting.
@Wreck - I don't think you should fret about the length. The one thing I love about some podcasts (The Kevin Pollak Chat Show comes to mind) is that they let it go as long as it needs to!
(Pollak had an epic 3 1/2 hour episode with John Landis that may be the greatest conversation about movies I have ever heard!).