In the Heart of the Sea (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #40) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: August 15, 2016
Purchase link: Film Arena
Price: 899 CZK (34,20 €)
Note: Limited to 1001 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

13517466_1383683431648207_2517322858155844350_o-jpg.247656

Last edited by a moderator:
It's ok, worth a watch but I couldn't see myself watching it again for a long time. Not cause it's complete rubbish, it's just not one of those films you watch often.

It will be prabably part of the FAC according to their message when they have announced the artworks for Black Mass:
"Dear Collectors,
we are pleased to inform you that Johnny Depp has approved our visuals and Warner Bros therefore gave the green light to the FAC project BLACK MASS. More information will be announced soon.
We can also move on in further projects with Warners IN THE HEART OF THE SEA and CREED"

I liked it better than I thought I would ... not masterpiece but very very well excecuted film with some stunning scenes. grittier than I thought ... and also nice acting.

the whaling scenes made me sad tho.

Reactions: augustus
This movie was a combination of the non-fiction book and Moby Dick. I think they should have stuck closer to the book.

Not just taste but addiction and greed.as well. :)

addiction yes. greed no. I do not see me selling there for little profit. it's not like these are going to be next as above so below.

if that is what you meant...

edit : soon someone 'yells' stay on topic please people ! :rofl:

I liked it better than I thought I would ... not masterpiece but very very well excecuted film with some stunning scenes. grittier than I thought ... and also nice acting.

the whaling scenes made me sad tho.

@nefilim The reviews for this film had been rather lacklustre so I went to see it at the cinema with fairly low expectations. Like you, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it actually was, with solid directing from Ron Howard and an excellent cast.

Obviously, it's not in the same league as John Huston's classic "Moby Dick" (1956) but for anyone with an interest in Herman Melville's novel, be it on page or screen, this film provides an interesting back story as to how Melville came to write it.

I'm glad that FA continue to provide collectors with such a diversity of titles instead of just concentrating on the guaranteed blockbusters.

Well said @augustus I liked it a lot and I think this could be one of the top FACs this year. I mean just look at all the poster artwork, any one of them will make it a killer fullslip imo. Cant wait!
Martin, we already had a dino textured Jurassic World, and leather textured Edward Scissorhands, maybe whale textured In The Heart? :p

kidding aside, I am excited of the possibilities of the full slip

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Well said @augustus I liked it a lot and I think this could be one of the top FACs this year. I mean just look at all the poster artwork, any one of them will make it a killer fullslip imo. Cant wait!

@Collector03601 You're right, there are a number of great posters out there for this film. It's obviously subjective but my favourite for the Full Slip would be this one.

in-the-heart-of-the-sea-poster-405x600.jpg

My one concern is that this is a Warner title and that particular studio has been exceptionally controlling when it comes to the artwork that it is prepared to authorise for its releases.

Looking through my collection, there have only been two previous Warner titles in the FAC, "Heat" and "Interview with the Vampire", for both of which Warner was only prepared to approve Full Slip artwork that was identical to that of the actual Steelbooks. Also, if I remember correctly, "Interstellar" was going to be included in the FAC but the release was cancelled because Warner refused to approve the proposed artwork.

However, given the apparent ease with which FA was able to secure approval from Warner for its forthcoming release of "Black Mass", it looks as though Warner may have modified its previous intransigence, which can only be a good thing given how extensive its catalogue is, including as it does the classic libraries of both MGM and RKO. Now there's food for thought, FAC editions of "Ben- Hur" (1959) and "Citizen Kane" (1941) to name but two.

@Collector03601 You're right, there are a number of great posters out there for this film. It's obviously subjective but my favourite for the Full Slip would be this one.

View attachment 226216

My one concern is that this is a Warner title and that particular studio has been exceptionally controlling when it comes to the artwork that it is prepared to authorise for its releases.

Looking through my collection, there have only been two previous Warner titles in the FAC, "Heat" and "Interview with the Vampire", for both of which Warner was only prepared to approve Full Slip artwork that was identical to that of the actual Steelbooks. Also, if I remember correctly, "Interstellar" was going to be included in the FAC but the release was cancelled because Warner refused to approve the proposed artwork.

However, given the apparent ease with which FA was able to secure approval from Warner for its forthcoming release of "Black Mass", it looks as though Warner may have modified its previous intransigence, which can only be a good thing given how extensive its catalogue is, including as it does the classic libraries of both MGM and RKO. Now there's food for thought, FAC editions of "Ben- Hur" (1959) and "Citizen Kane" (1941) to name but two.
They actually might have drummed up a little business had THAT been the wide release poster!