In the Heart of the Sea (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #40) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: August 15, 2016
Purchase link: Film Arena
Price: 899 CZK (34,20 €)
Note: Limited to 1001 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

13517466_1383683431648207_2517322858155844350_o-jpg.247656

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't mean "they" as in FA. I meant Warner Bros.

I actually like the cover. Will see how nice the colors are when my steel arrives from amazon.fr. It's up to FA to try to sell 1001 pieces of this with a great cover...something tells me there will be little interest in this mediocre movie.

I highly recommend the book. It's a non-fiction book and there is hardly any mention of the whale. The movie overdramatized the whale part of course and the advertisements just went on and on about how Moby Dick is based on this book.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
FilmArena produces some of the best packages on the market and I'm sure they will with this too, but I absolutely cannot buy this if they keep that gigantic front and center 3D on the cover. On principle, it's disqualified. I will not support that ridiculousness. Such a shame.

FilmArena produces some of the best packages on the market and I'm sure they will with this too, but I absolutely cannot buy this if they keep that gigantic front and center 3D on the cover. On principle, it's disqualified. I will not support that ridiculousness. Such a shame.

Not everybody has an issue with the 3D marked on releases that are so. I don't care about the 3D being there as much as I don't care if a steel has no spine title, to me they are just details.

• Thanks
Reactions: jimmyv
@Actarus Most people do have an issue with it. Some are more vocal than others, that's it. ;)

Yes I am Aware of it, but for me I say if you have such a strong opinion about it, than complain to the proper channel instead of the ''on and on'' regular complaints about it that have gotten so very old. We all know many have an issue with both the 3D being plastered on the artwork as well as the title-less spine... but in a release thread, it will have no impact !!!

If you feel that strongly about something, I always say no matter what it is, even in my personal life, to complain to the appropriate channel ! If not, no change can happen.

@Actarus Forums are for people to discuss their opinions and how they feel about X or Y or Z. Most retailers read these threads. The ones that I'm aware of, at least, do.

Sending feedback to the appropriate channel(s) helps too, something I mentioned a few times in various threads in the past, thank you FAC ambassador. :p

Let's move away from trying to control what people say and don't say in each thread, provided it's on topic. Thanks.

Reactions: lgans316 and jimmyv
@Actarus i got luv for ya brother but I think voicing well pointed opinion, even if critical, right here in the release thread is very relevant. personally I feel strongly that adding 3D to the title right in our faces is a poor decision. Just because this release contains a disc with 3D feature does not mean it should be the focal point. It probably has 7.1 digital sound too but I'm sure glad it's not part of the title.

@Actarus Forums are for people to discuss their opinions and how they feel about X or Y or Z. Most retailers read these threads. The ones that I'm aware of, at least, do.

Sending feedback to the appropriate channel(s) helps too, something I mentioned a few times in various threads in the past, thank you FAC ambassador. :p

Let's move away from trying to control what people say and don't say in each thread, provided it's on topic. Thanks.

@Actarus i got luv for ya brother but I think voicing well pointed opinion, even if critical, right here in the release thread is very relevant. personally I feel strongly that adding 3D to the title right in our faces is a poor decision. Just because this release contains a disc with 3D feature does not mean it should be the focal point. It probably has 7.1 digital sound too but I'm sure glad it's not part of the title.

You know how I feel about you Jimmy I do think the world of you ;) and hope you know it wasn't personal. Yes as @Apollon stated the thread is here to voice whatever we feel to, but I believe if we want change to happen, we need to voice it at the proper place. If not no change can happen. But I do respect every Opinions even though sometimes it may seem I challenge them, that is not my goal. I do fell bad when people are unhappy about a product but by not voicing it at the right place everything stays the same and over time months and years later no changes happen.

I don't think the 3D and the no spine title has no merit, it is just when we hear that song time and time again, it does get old. with all do respect, I wish all would change in regards to this as I am not against your idea, but I just have no fight in me and I just take it as it is. I have a hard time just to get through life, so for me those are not worth fighting for. But if you do take it where it will be mostly be heard...if it is just for venting your disapproval than go ahead, but I just feel for people and many are so passionate about those changes to pass them at the right place in hopes that change can happen.