Indiana Jones 4-Movie Collection (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: June 8, 2021 - Re-release on November 2, 2021
Purchase links: Best Buy - Amazon
Price: $99.99

GG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lolwut and CyberT
These freaking raiders of the lost art have really screwed the pooch on these designs. They should not have raided the original poster artworks and produced these sick, twisted versions. I am so mad that I need to calm down and go see my therapist.

Reactions: C.C. 95 and Leafs17
These freaking raiders of the lost art have really screwed the pooch on these designs. They should not have raided the original poster artworks and produced these sick, twisted versions. I am so mad that I need to calm down and go see my therapist.
That all started when they changed the title in previous releases. The title on the film is RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, not Indiana Jones and the.......
I really hate retconning like that. (Just like Star Wars. There was a movie released in 1977- it was called Star Wars. No "Episode" , no "New Hope" - just "STAR WARS".)

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
With changes that Lucas and Spielberg like to make to their movies the swordsman in Raiders will probably now charge at Indy first, swing and miss before Indy shoots him.

• Haha
Reactions: C.C. 95
If a French release has been announced, then I think we can expect a UK announcement soon - I don't see why not.

I don't actually know, you know, but I'll do a Stygian and say that there will be a UK release! :)

Of course, I'm just speculating, but I would have thought the chances could be pretty high...
It turns out I was right, though... :) (albeit I thought it was highly likely anyway, so not a particularly great or insightful prediction, I have to admit!):

Will all the releases from different areas be the same finish? I am wondering.

Depends on where they produce the steelbooks. Paramount releases in the USA haven't always reached Europe recently, so it's possible you could see two different versions of the same steelbook.

So Best Buy won't have 2D BluRay or the bonus disc? That sucks.
There is a bonus disc (why they only show four discs in the pic, I don't know)

DELUXE 4K ULTRA HD SET ARRIVES JUNE 8, 2021

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (March 15, 2021) – Relive the unforgettable exploits of world-renowned, globetrotting hero Indiana Jones in spectacular 4K Ultra HD when the INDIANA JONES 4-MOVIE COLLECTION arrives in a new 4K Ultra HD set June 8, 2021 from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Entertainment.

The cinematic classic that started it all—Raiders of the Lost Ark—celebrates its 40th anniversary this year, having first introduced audiences to the man with the hat on June 12, 1981. Forty years later, the legendary hero continues to captivate new generations of fans.

Now, for the first time ever, all four films are available together in 4K Ultra HD with Dolby Vision and HDR-10 for ultra-vivid picture quality and state-of-the-art Dolby Atmos audio. Each film has been meticulously remastered from 4K scans of the original negatives with extensive visual effects work done to ensure the most pristine and highest quality image. All picture work was approved by director Steven Spielberg.

In addition, all four films were remixed at Skywalker Sound under the supervision of legendary sound designer Ben Burtt to create the Dolby Atmos soundtracks. All original sound elements were used to achieve the fully immersive Dolby Atmos mixes while staying true to each film’s original creative intent.

The INDIANA JONES 4-MOVIE COLLECTION includes a collectible booklet with behind-the-scenes images from all four films. Each film is presented on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc with original theatrical trailers and access to digital copies. The set also includes a Blu-ray with seven hours of previously released bonus content as detailed below:

• On Set with Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • From Jungle to Desert
    • From Adventure to Legend
  • Making the Films
    • The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981 documentary)
    • The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    • The Making of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    • The Making of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (HD)
  • Behind the Scenes
    • The Stunts of Indiana Jones
    • The Sound of Indiana Jones
    • The Music of Indiana Jones
    • The Light and Magic of Indiana Jones
    • Raiders: The Melting Face!
    • Indiana Jones and the Creepy Crawlies (with optional pop-ups)
    • Travel with Indiana Jones: Locations (with optional pop-ups)
    • Indy’s Women: The American Film Institute Tribute
    • Indy’s Friends and Enemies
    • Iconic Props (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
    • The Effects of Indy (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
    • Adventures in Post Production (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
--END--

3 movies and a bonus disc.

I realize this is for the non-SteelBook set but it should be the same.

4 movies on 4 4K discs plus a bonus disc. 5 discs total.

The bonus disc is also mentioned twice on Amazon Canada's listing as well. Mentions 5 discs.
The image below also mentions a bonus disc.

Product description

Only one name defines the ultimate hero… Indiana Jones. Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the unmatched action-adventure franchise from powerhouse filmmakers George Lucas (STAR WARS) and Steven Spielberg (JAWS), this
5-disc collection features all four feature films—INDIANA JONES AND THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM, INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE, and INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, as well as a bonus disc packed with special features.

1617266551815.png

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
Boxset looks better than I thought it would. I wonder if there are dividers in there and if it's similar to the Rambo 4K Boxset because I can't see them?
The steelbook front art isn't great but I can live with it, helps to have the original Zavvi Steelbooks.

Last edited:
I guess I will take a cardboard case instead of all the damn tin that gets dinged the hell up all the time

It's not a major loss, but the Steelbook box set doesn't have the map, right?
The Korean steelbook box set does:

Novamedia sold out, but you can also get it from WeET and KimchiDVD:

The Korean box set doesn't have the Blu-Ray feature discs, but it does have the bonus Blu-Ray.

• Informative
Reactions: Futurhythm
The Korean steelbook box set does:

Novamedia sold out, but you can also get it from WeET and KimchiDVD:

The Korean box set doesn't have the Blu-Ray feature discs, but it does have the bonus Blu-Ray.
I think only the Japanese Steelbook box set has everything (disc art too!). The Blu-ray across the board are just the old discs though.