Apr 28, 2011
Release date: February 21, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon JP - HMV JP
Price: ¥9,020
Note: Amazon.co.jp limited benefit: with A5 photo booklet

5D1FA5B2-8D6B-4BD9-A63A-83066201D9C6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tha_lunatic
So is this one with cards, or booklet, looks like 6 cards...
Steel similar to the one in French boxset, but better.

It's actually a bit confusing to understand what comes with these.

This edition alone has like 4 different versions, and some mention 'character stickers', others 'original A5 character fine graph', others still 'sticker (L size)'.

And besides this steelbook edition, there's also standard Blu-Ray, 4K + Blu-ray, and Quadrilogy Edition.

From what I gather, the A5 photo booklet is an Amazon JP exclusive (and there are cheaper versions without it), while the character stickers come with every edition. Then a couple of (extra-)special editions also have an L-size sticker of the picture below.

body_17312.jpeg

These Japanese editions also seem to include many brand-new on-disc extras, in addition to the usual featurettes. I've tried to list them here

• Thanks
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Thank you for all the variants threads.
Seems they stuck the same new booklet in every release, but I'd of course rather get this new steelbook, especially if it also came with the 3rd new bonus 117-minute disc.

Reactions: Sof23
I found the distributor's page for these: John Wick: Consequences

It basically confirms what I had gathered from the description on Amazon JP.

The character stickers come with every edition. The quadrilogy also has those beautiful character art cards (possibly 12 separate ones, not six double-sided, judging by the picture).

Then you've got a special extra depending on the shop you purchase from: an A5 photo booklet for Amazon JP, an L-size sticker with that canvas-like John for HMV, an A5 fine graph with red & black aiming John for Rakuten, and two coins for Pony Canyon's own shop.

Oh, so HMV one doesn't come with a booklet, but is using that same image of cards/booklet in the corner. Either way I preordered there, it's cheaper than from Amazon.
Second disc here seems to be that 117-minute one, and description lists all those interviews.

Oh, so HMV one doesn't come with a booklet, but is using that same image of cards/booklet in the corner. Either way I preordered there, it's cheaper than from Amazon.
Second disc here seems to be that 117-minute one, and description lists all those interviews.
Those cards are the character stickers. They come with every edition.

The photo booklet is apparently exclusive to Amazon JP. The only picture of it so far is the sample one on Pony Canyon's webpage. It will likely feature the same photos we've seen hundreds of times by now, but this is the best extra of the four imo.

Amazon JP also lists all versions without the booklet for about 2,000 cheaper (at least for Blu-Ray, 4K and Quadrilogy, oddly enough the Steelbook without the booket is listed for 16,000...)

The discs should be the same regardless.

Amazon JP.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Lenny Nero