Jurassic World - In theaters June 12, 2015

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Jurassic World (2015)

Tagline: The Park Is Open

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Colin Trevorrow[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Pratt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bryce Dallas Howard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jake M. Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Judy Greer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vincent D'Onofrio[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nick Robinson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lauren Lapkus[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Omar Sy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]BD Wong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Irrfan Khan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Tee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ty Simpkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Buckley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Katie McGrath[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-06-12[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
upknWa3BHdPLsZuVflphdFVBuwU.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

BT1_Gk5CEAAQfph.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
“Jurassic World” opened to a staggering $511.8 million worldwide, the highest global bow of all time. It marks the first time a film has ever grossed more than $500 million in a single weekend.

Domestically, “Jurassic World” scored the second-biggest debut in history with $204.8 million, nipping at the heels of “Marvel’s The Avengers'” $207.4 million bow. Its international weekend estimate also takes runner-up position on the all-time charts. The $307.2 million “Jurassic World” generated trails the $314 million racked up by “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.”

-Variety

AWESOME NEWS!!!! :OMG: This makes me very happy! :thumbs:

“Jurassic World” opened to a staggering $511.8 million worldwide, the highest global bow of all time. It marks the first time a film has ever grossed more than $500 million in a single weekend.

Domestically, “Jurassic World” scored the second-biggest debut in history with $204.8 million, nipping at the heels of “Marvel’s The Avengers'” $207.4 million bow. Its international weekend estimate also takes runner-up position on the all-time charts. The $307.2 million “Jurassic World” generated trails the $314 million racked up by “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.”

-Variety

AWESOME NEWS!!!! :OMG: This makes me very happy! :thumbs:

These totals have seriously been blowing my mind. Here's a franchise that's been dormant for 14 years -- it's not a comic book, Harry Potter or Star Wars property -- and it brings in those numbers?! Man, Michael Crichton would sure be proud right now... as would John Hammond.

These are my favourite films of all time, so I'm so happy to see it on top of the world. To see Jurassic World accumulate more in its opening weekend that Jurassic Park III during its entire run is proof that right now is the time for studios to release monster flicks. Hopefully this will lead to big numbers for Kong: Skull Island, Pacific Rim 2 and Godzilla 2. I'd be even more ecstatic if Paramount decided to finally move forward with Cloverfield 2. Until then, though, I really can't wait for the next Jurassic adventure! :D

Just came back from seeing this and I must be in a bad mood this weekend cause what a train wreck

honestly I did not like one human character except for Owen and maybe the assistant who got it and would have not cared if they were all killed. Honestly even the kids could and should have gotten it

once the Indominus Rex (IR) smashed that gyrosphere those kids would have been done for, the concussion alone from being slammed twice would have shaken them up, but then to outrun the thing yeah OK

then at the end of the movie all of a sudden T-Rex's and Raptors are working together arm in arm, hand in hand and conveniently they smash the barrier for the water dino who happens to just be waiting to attack the IR. Never f*ing mind that now you just released a freaking T-Rex and a Raptor in the same area as the people you were trying to keep the IR away from, like the raptor that just killed Hoskins won't just attack anyone else cause Owens gave her a nod. And how do you get the T-Rex back into his pen, I mean the T-Rex and Raptors were the main 'villains' wreaking havoc in the first movie and that was bad enough, but now it's OK. What did he decide to just go back inside his pen area...

also what the hell happened to the geneticist who runs away with the modified samples, what the hell happened there. No repercussions for them at all, everyone gets off the island and everything is A-OK. Plot hole

The awe of the first one was seeing the dinosaurs and then seeing as it went wrong, but this was setting itself up to go wrong. this was more of a monster movie as @tridon says than anything else

Were the visuals great, Yes! Was the CGI good, YES! Did I not like the movie. You betcha!

rant over

@alvinhwang21 Yes I did notice margarita guy

@kaw someone said it best, we have 4 freaking movies describing why this would be a bad idea. In fact as a concerned citizen of this planet if I found out someone was attempting this in real life I would literally sue

oh and who did not know that the IR had raptor DNA, what a shocker

so you think the kids parents actually got divorced

i mean they wasted my time showing scenes with them with the lawyers so I want to know who gets the kids during the week, who gets the house, what the alimony payments are

and the sisters are A-OK with each other, what about Claire's assistants parents and siblings. eh **** them I guess :wtf:

@bloodsnake007
need some one to ask the real question, but tell us mllNY how you really feel :rofl:

@tridon damn right I am grumpy, but tell me I am wrong.

if this was a horror movie then OK fine, but it isn't. It's action/adventure but not a good one.

I can't argue the numbers or the masses, but I was not impressed

Shots Fired

Reactions: vampire75
@mllNY I can't tell you you're wrong because everyone is free to their own opinions. I can say that I 100% disagree with you because I loved every single minute of Jurassic World (minus the blatant product placement).

@tridon you are more then welcome to enjoy the movie, that I have no issue with. My issue is the plot points I mention not the action sequences.

of course you are wrong and you have forfeited any more godzilla's ever coming to you again :p

Last edited:
@tridon you are more then welcome to enjoy the movie, that I have no issue with. My issue is the plot points I mention not the action sequences.

of course you are wrong and you have forfeited any more godzilla's ever coming to you again :p

Man, you can't take these types of films so seriously. There's always going to be little plot holes and/or things that don't make sense. If you look at any film -- Jurassic Park, Avengers, Star Wars, anything -- you will likely find something that doesn't make any logical sense. It's like the time I read a Roger Ebert review for The Mummy Returns and he complained about Brendan Fraser outrunning the sunlight in the film. My thoughts after reading it: Why are you thinking that while watching an adventure film? Just enjoy it. You have to shut off your brain and just enjoy the ride and this ride was super enjoyable for me. Every genre requires a certain mindset. Jurassic World is obviously not setting out to win any awards for best story/screenplay at the Oscars.

It's all good, bud. It was a good run, Godzillas. It was a good run. :p

@tridon

i get you can't take these things so seriously

but come on releasing one big dinosaur to fight another big dinosaur is not smart and makes absolutely no sense, you still have a big dinosaur on the loose

and nothing comes out about these guys taking the specimens

this is not taking a movie so seriously these are big plot issues. A loose T-Rex is not going to wander back to its pen, and the loose T-Rex is the monster causing havoc in most of the other films

NO GODZILLA FOR YOU

@tridon

i get you can't take these things so seriously

but come on releasing one big dinosaur to fight another big dinosaur is not smart and makes absolutely no sense, you still have a big dinosaur on the loose

and nothing comes out about these guys taking the specimens

this is not taking a movie so seriously these are big plot issues. A loose T-Rex is not going to wander back to its pen, and the loose T-Rex is the monster causing havoc in most of the other films

NO GODZILLA FOR YOU

Yeah, but...

That ending -- letting the T. Rex loose -- was the big pay off for us as an audience. In real life, those people would obviously be idiots for doing that, but as fictional characters in a film where everyone wants to see some dino-on-dino action (and for the pervs out there, I mean fighting, not the other dino-on-dino action), it was freakin' awesome! And really, how else were they going to get out of there alive? They might as well just go jump in the Mosasaurus pool and call it a day. :p

As for that last part...

4REOc3PX1x-14.png

Reactions: bloodsnake007
they could have gotten to that point in the movie by not doing something so stupid

Claire is like the second in command of this huge company and this attraction she is smart, it maybe a movie payoff but was still dumb

and tel me how she lasted the entire movie including running in mud in heels

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: bloodsnake007
@mllNY
T-rex ending being loose is really to sumarize that The King is Back!"
And the sicentists leaving (Dr. Henry Wu), just opens the door (again) for another sequel...

Loved it. Great action. Great CGI. Great Pratt (he nailed it again! now time for Indiana Jones M. Pratt!!!)
Also, at first, I thought I would HATE Bryce Dallas Howard as I thought she would be the "screaming girl" but no and she did fine. No Oscar, but once agian, fine...

What I loved the most were all the nod to the original film. Great job! This is Worth the BD purchase!!!

Oh and gotta say I'm quite impressed by those Box office numbers. Seriously... FF7 and now JP4 are BIG numbers and leaving Avengers2 quite in the dust (kinda)... not what I thought (money speaking)

Last edited:
Reactions: tridon
@mllNY
T-rex ending being loose is really to sumarize that The King is Back!"
And the sicentists leaving (Dr. Henry Wu), just opens the door (again) for another sequel...

but the t-rex had his ass handed to him it was T-Rexaraptormosasaurus the really killed the Indominus Rex. That thing was literally about to chomp him to bits

I get that they wanted the T-Rex to beat the new dino but they could have done it differently, instead of releasing something as deadly as what is already loose

I should just leave this thread, I need someone else who agrees with me here, I have just been grumpy all week, between this, trying and really disliking wayward pines, and the GoT ending. mll is not impressed

Reactions: Drum18
I will make another prediction here - this is the movie that will push 3D 4K UHD TV sales over the top. Variety reported 48% of the opening weekend sales was from big format 3D receipts. JW was made to be seen on the biggest screen with the best movie watching experience. It was the best summer movie I have watched in a long time. Twice :thumbs:

Reactions: tridon
SO MANY SPOILER TAGS! haha

@mllNY Sucks you didn't like the movie. But let me bring up this one thing about the film that trumps all the others...

The kids in the film didn't have some sort of amazing ability!!! No "Hacking". No Gymnastics. No skills in getting T-rex pee.
They were just normal! Ok... the younger one was a rainman-esc dino fan, but thats about it.
The kids often were the weakest part of the JP movies and in this one, they were tolerable to me.

chiming in a bit late with regards to how much money its made over the weekend...see this is why big movies needs release dates the same around the world (and not a week or two before in some places)