Jurassic World - In theaters June 12, 2015

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Jurassic World (2015)

Tagline: The Park Is Open

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Colin Trevorrow[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Pratt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bryce Dallas Howard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jake M. Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Judy Greer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vincent D'Onofrio[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nick Robinson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lauren Lapkus[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Omar Sy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]BD Wong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Irrfan Khan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Tee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ty Simpkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Buckley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Katie McGrath[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-06-12[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
upknWa3BHdPLsZuVflphdFVBuwU.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

BT1_Gk5CEAAQfph.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:
"final estimates (via Variety) now put Jurassic World’s domestic weekend total at $209 million, which trumps the $207.4 million record that The Avengers set in 2012. Thus, we have a new reigning box office champion."
No fu**ing way!? :OMG: That's beyond AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :notworthy:

AWESOME!!!.jpg

@tridon @Drum18

Just came back from seeing this and I must be in a bad mood this weekend cause what a train wreck

Point 4 - honestly I did not like one human character except for Owen and maybe the assistant who got it and would have not cared if they were all killed. Honestly even the kids could and should have gotten it

Point 3 - once the Indominus Rex (IR) smashed that gyrosphere those kids would have been done for, the concussion alone from being slammed twice would have shaken them up, but then to outrun the thing yeah OK

Point 2, 8, and 10 - then at the end of the movie all of a sudden T-Rex's and Raptors are working together arm in arm, hand in hand and conveniently they smash the barrier for the water dino who happens to just be waiting to attack the IR. Never f*ing mind that now you just released a freaking T-Rex and a Raptor in the same area as the people you were trying to keep the IR away from, like the raptor that just killed Hoskins won't just attack anyone else cause Owens gave her a nod. And how do you get the T-Rex back into his pen, I mean the T-Rex and Raptors were the main 'villains' wreaking havoc in the first movie and that was bad enough, but now it's OK. What did he decide to just go back inside his pen area...

Point 12 -
The awe of the first one was seeing the dinosaurs and then seeing as it went wrong, but this was setting itself up to go wrong. this was more of a monster movie as @tridon says than anything else

Point 7 - @alvinhwang21 Yes I did notice margarita guy

Semi Point 8 - oh and who did not know that the IR had raptor DNA, what a shocker

Point 11 - so you think the kids parents actually got divorced

i mean they wasted my time showing scenes with them with the lawyers so I want to know who gets the kids during the week, who gets the house, what the alimony payments are

and the sisters are A-OK with each other, what about Claire's assistants parents and siblings. eh **** them I guess :wtf:

This guy has read my mind, point 2, 3, 4 (even though I had not mentioned it was a gripe I had), 7, 8, 10 , 11, and 12

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/12-baffling-questions-jurassic-world-211200046.html

hmmm maybe I did write this article, I have ask people if I was sleep typing the other night...

@tridon @Drum18

This guy has read my mind, point 2, 3, 4 (even though I had not mentioned it was a gripe I had), 7, 8, 10 , 11, and 12

hmmm maybe I did write this article, I have ask people if I was sleep typing the other night...

I watched this for a second time last night with my family and friends and we all had a ball. Again, don't watch a film like this and overthink every single thing that's happening every single second. Just my opinion. Anyway, I just read the article. Some valid points, but it doesn't really matter to me. I love the film and that's just the way it's going to be.

Also, the sexism thing is retarded. I'm really getting sick of everything being blamed on sexism. A lot more men died in this film than women and whether you think she's stupid for releasing the T-Rex or not, Claire saved the day by doing that. Owen and the boys would've been Indominus dinner if it wasn't for her.

So yeah... I enjoyed it, some others didn't. It's all fine and dandy. Everyone is free to have different opinions.

I watched this for a second time last night with my family and friends and we all had a ball. Again, don't watch a film like this and overthink every single thing that's happening every single second. Just my opinion. Anyway, I just read the article. Some valid points, but it doesn't really matter to me. I love the film and that's just the way it's going to be.

Also, the sexism thing is retarded. I'm really getting sick of everything being blamed on sexism. A lot more men died in this film than women and whether you think she's stupid for releasing the T-Rex or not, Claire saved the day by doing that. Owen and the boys would've been Indominus dinner if it wasn't for her.

So yeah... I enjoyed it, some others didn't. It's all fine and dandy. Everyone is free to have different opinions.

I couldn't have said that better myself. After the second viewing, a buddy of mine who had just seen it for the first time was ripping it to shreds. I just thought, don't overthink this. It's a blockbuster movie with dinosaurs. It's bound to have some minor plot-holes and is not going to be a perfect film. I think it's fantastic, way better than I even had expectations for, and life is too short to pick apart everything.

@tridon @Drum18

Baffling questions? More like dumb nitpicks.
#1 - Yeah, they used CGI...because they're dinosaurs. Dinosaurs aren't real so they had to use CGI--and I thought it was looking pretty good.
#2 - There was an evacuation procedure, but most of the shot-callers were outside of the control room (or dead) at that point and the ACU was out of commission by then. So there was really no one left to enact or enforce the evacuation procedure.
#3 - That one is valid, okay.
#4 - Again, not a baffling question. The movie is directed by a man and yeah, sadly, we still live in a society with sexism. (I didn't get that feeling from the film, but this is a valid complaint. But it's not a "baffling question.")
#5 - Okay, this one is valid, but if you consider point 4 then it makes sense--it's just an extension of question 4.
#6 - It wasn't a callback at all. It was advancing Claire's character, because it was the point where she stopped thinking of the dinos as assets and realized they were living creatures.
#7 - NOT a baffling question. This is a nitpick. Was there product placement? Yes. This is Hollywood; that isn't baffling, it's commonplace in blockbusters.
#8 - At this point, the author is just trying to be silly.
#9 - The first half of this is a valid question. The second half is not--they were secretly trying to create a weapon--behind the park owner's back.
#10 - Valid question, but who really cares? The Mosasaurus f**king ate the Indominus!
#11 - Really? You just watched two hours of awesome dinosaur action and you're wondering if the parents are still getting divorced? Nitpick.
#12 - Yes, they would get bored of dinosaurs. That isn't unreasonable. At some point, you've seen it all. New dinosaurs would indeed lead to higher revenue.