Killzone 2 Megathread - New DLC Coming (Map Pack 3!!!) - Patch As Well!!!!

Jan 29, 2009
k2.jpg

Killzone 2 is an upcoming science fiction first-person shooter for the PlayStation 3, currently in development by Guerrilla Games and to be published by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is the third installment in the Killzone franchise that began on the PlayStation 2 with Killzone and was continued with Killzone: Liberation on the PlayStation Portable. First announced at E3 2005 in Los Angeles, California,[5] Killzone 2 is due for release in February 2009.

Killzone 2 follows the events of Killzone and Killzone: Liberation, and will take place entirely on the planet Helghan, the home-world of the Helghast, who invaded an Interplanetary Strategic Alliance (ISA) colony. Two years after the Helghast assault on Vekta, the ISA has launched an assault on the enemy's home world of Helghan. The ISA goal is to capture the Helghast leader, Emperor Scolar Visari, and bring the Helghast war machine to a halt. Players assume the role of Sergeant Tomas "Sev" Sevchenko, a battle-hardened veteran of the special forces unit known as "The Legion", who go on a mission to take out the Helghast threat.

During the invasion of Helghan, Sev's unit is deployed behind enemy lines to assist the main invasion force. Tasked with securing the enemy capital of Pyrrhus, the team quickly discovers that the Helghast are a more formidable enemy on their home planet. Not only have they adjusted to Helghan's hostile conditions, they have also harnessed a source of power they can now use against the ISA - the very planet on which they live. A barren, unforgiving world, Helghan provides a ready defense with thick, acidic air, dust clouds, and violent surgical lightning storms. Sev discovers his squad is not just fighting enemy forces – their fiercest opponent may be the planet itself

OFFICIAL BOX ART: KILLZONE.COM
killzonebox.jpg

KILLZONE 2 SCREENSHOTS
killzone1.jpg

killzone3.jpg

killzone2.jpg

killzone6.jpg

killzone4.jpg

killzone5.jpg

killzone8.jpg

killzone7.jpg

killzone10.jpg

killzone9.jpg

killzone-2-20090129014059684_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20090129014106387_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20080901052325267_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081209055117890_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081209055122390_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081203111753822_640w.jpg

80 GB EURO PACK
80gbpack.jpg

user_184_killzone2_banner_.jpg

Killzone 2 - Superbowl Commercial *Probably a spoof*
Click Here

Killzone Biography - Getting You Up To Speed Story Wise
Click Here

Killzone 2 - HD Video Blowout "The Weapons Of Killzone 2"
Click Here

Last edited:
I was thinking he meant the 27th. That or the 2nd. I don't think I'll be completing Elite. LOL I'll probably just do one play through. I usually don't do games over on a different difficulty.

I was thinking he meant the 27th. That or the 2nd. I don't think I'll be completing Elite. LOL I'll probably just do one play through. I usually don't do games over on a different difficulty.

If I only have to play it twice, I'll do it, but 3 times, I won't.

I meant the 27th I couldn't see what I was typing on my Displayport monitor :) did I mention I was at 2550x1600?!!! lol damn 1080 looks so damn tiny! :)

This Info was pulled from other demo release timeframes like 100% of the demos that have come in the past (that means all of them - even special pre-orders like this one) is that it will be up when the PS store gets updated.

DEMO RELEASE TIMEFRAME

February 5th, 2 - 4am or 6 - 9am Pacific Standard Time.

More info about the demo is

* NO REGION LOCK

* SHAREABLE up to 5 ppl

RUMOR:

Demo size 1.2gb twice the size of the first beta which leads me to believe that we might get a surprize with the demo “MULTIPLAYER” maybe.

yay, no KZ2 demo for me ... its not the lamp in my DLP :( ... although I got it to work somehow a couple days ago just never turned it off until last night ...

im going to try screwing with it this afternoon and see what I can pull off ... although its not looking positive. Gonna have to send out the Sammy boys in White Coats!

The Killzone 2 demo will launch in the region of 5.00pm today, SCEE’s confirmed.

“PSN updates vary but hopefully around 5.00pm everyone should be able to download it,” a rep said this afternoon.

Internal expectation is high. The spokesperson said he was “very excited” at the prospect of the tester going live.

The demo will contain the first two sections of the game’s first level, as well as the tutorial sequence from the boxed product.

The full banana releases on February 27

Previously we reported that an insider at Sony got information on the Killzone 2 demo. This would be a surprise, and this surprise would be a multiplayer mode in the demo is. In addition half of the first level, the demo also include a multiplayer mode. However it was immediately rebutted by other sites, but our source continues to insist that it is. There is more info out about the demo.

Besides that we fully trust our source, there is today so what more info on the demo brought out. This is also a rumor.

If the demo 1.2 gig in size. This is very big for half level since the multiplayer beta but 400MB size. This could therefore mean that in addition to a singleplayer level multplayer also a demo of it. And of course Sony invalidated this rumor because they want to keep as a surprise.

Furthermore, the demo released today, and we can today to get started with this Dutch product. We are looking forward to Killzone 2, and certainly the sales of the game.

translate.google.nl/translate?prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ps3hype.nl%2Fnieuws%2F2577-nog-meer-geruchten-over-killzone-2-multiplayer-demo&sl=nl&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

Last edited:
gamestop preorder codes are working now for those who didn't make a euro account. i'm downloading now.

It was ok, it didnt blow me away, maybe because I was too busy trying to figure out why the controls felt so damn heavy.. but I think I've been over shown a game AGAIN, and therefore did not blow me away, I'll take a 2nd look after class...

Killzone 2 Glitches

Damn people are already hard at work lol
n4g.com/gaming/News-272542.aspx"]http://n4g.com/gaming/News-272542.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to put the sensitivity all the way up to 10 to make it seem a little like COD, otherwise its clunky.. at 10 its good.. but a little controller lag though. All in all its good, but I was ready for the graphics so they don't blow you away..