Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Black instead of white well so what! I think it's an improvement and looks really nice so i'm not complaining.
I was looking forward to the all-white steel, but I agree. It doesn't look bad at all with the black design. I was starting to think about hunting down a Spanish copy from all of the pics that showed up last week.

Zavvi aka the home of lies is a more fitting tag line. I'm in love with this black steelbook though the front makes me so happy to the point where the back is just irrelevant to me. How some people can say this is a horrible steelbook is beyond me think Zavvi BS just clouding their judgement.

Just been reading through the last 8 pages from today as I've just got in, I will agree that it all smells a bit fishy! Zavvi might have known prior to release date, but just posted them anyway gambling that the return figures would be better than the cancellation figures if they had revealed the new artwork in advance :bag: though this is just my opinion and may be incorrect :penguin: But bare this in mind, If this has happened to Maleficent maybe we'll get different artwork on GOTG!!!!! lol :woot::ohno::woot::hilarious::thumbs::LOL::rofl:

If not happy, you can ask for it to be returned as it was NOT what was advertised when you bought it, then they will have to give you a refund AND cover the cost of return postage (this is stated in their own T&C's.)

If enough people do this, it will end up costing them more than if they were honest in the first place and told the truth so as not to risk the wraith of mass cancellations. This way they will be down the cost of the sale of the Steelbook AND the return postage costs.

It would serve them right and maybe they might learn something from it for next time...

Well, this will be a "lessons learnt" for Zavvi...Customer/Internal Communications comes to mind...

I accidentally thanked your post. Wish I could have it removed. I don't know about you, but they had them in hands and shipped to customers and still have the white listing up. That's BS. They are liars.

I imagine that the staff that pack and ship orders are not the same staff that respond to customer enquiries, update web listings, liaise with suppliers etc. therefore this kind of thing is always a possibility. I think it's unrealistic to expect people in the shipping department to be aware of the description/image of every product they are selling and aware of every exchange between customers and customer service staff, especially when they are on minimum wage (possibly less if Zavvi engage in some of the more unscrupulous employment practices) and probably couldn't care less.

One thing I don't understand is why some think that Zavvi would have received a lot of cancellations had the artwork been revealed in advance. This would easily have sold out, no question at all.

The reaction to the Spain version was pretty good so they should have just release the dam image of the actual steel and come on now really after seeing the Spain version would their been a lot of cancellations if any on a scale for them to be worried. Compare to guardians if they left the mock up of the one with all the characters on the front until they sent it out and that ugly walkman turned up instead then yeah lots of returns cancellations probably.

One thing I don't understand is why some think that Zavvi would have received a lot of cancellations had the artwork been revealed in advance. This would easily have sold out, no question at all.
I wouldn't have cancelled my Zavvi pre-order, but I also wouldn't have gone to the trouble of securing the Spanish SteelBook either.

Reactions: Lester and tono06
to be honest, it saves me double dipping - as I preferred the look of the Spanish release to the white one anyway.
But, its certainly not fair on everyone who liked the white mock-up, and who also got the Spanish one to have both versions.

Just noticed a scratch on mine on the front. When I posted this morning I heard the postman ran downstairs and couldn't believe it was black and not white after them confirming White to some people on here so i quickly went on here and vented my anger and then went out for the day. Just had another look and noticed the poxy scratch. Argh I'm so angry and zavvi and disney at the moment. I think more zavvi for clearly not updating people and posing a quick pic. Don't get me wrong the front is nice on this and the Spanish but I seriously fell in love with the White mock up. The lack of art on the back is a massive kick in the nuts, why would they even think to add nothing? It has so much potential and great art or images. Would be happier if that was the case. I haven't emailed them yet, I'm taking my time with this one but once I know I've put everything in I want to say I will. I was considering keeping this but the scratch has annoyed me more now. I do think a certain amount should be refunded back to people, this has angered a lot plus the pure Liberty in its marketing of what they are selling.

Reactions: lgans316
when zavvi showed the white artwork, most people said "no way, white has nothing to do with the movie".
Now that we have black artwork, nobody wants it because the white one was better

:D:D

From day one I said I liked that art. Looks beautiful

Too many people saying 'so what'. If the steel had turned up and it was matte, title-less and ugly artwork you'd be going mad. Just because it's still a lovely item doesn't excuse the false advertising.

Reactions: thewhiteknight