Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone confirm from the blu-ray menu that there is only english and italian language on both discs?

Some Ninjas hooked me up with the spanish one and im still waiting on them but for me it was the better choice because the spanish version got german audio and i don't need a 3d disc..

It had been confirmed by a few people in this thread who contacted Zavvi's customer services, that this was suppose to be white, so perhaps the staff/mods didn't feel it was necessary to be told the same thing?

Please be informed that we the mods/staff were not aware of the situation as per Digitalbabe just posted earlier:
Hi all, fyi, HDN did not receive any advance notice that the art was going to change from the mockup. We have been in touch with Zavvi to see if they could provide additional info on how or why the art switch occurred. We'll post as other updates become available. Thanks all!

Please be informed that we the mods/staff were not aware of the situation as per Digitalbabe just posted earlier:

I was defending the staff/mods and perhaps offering a suggestion to why no staff/mods hadn't contacted Zavvi for confirmation. I'm on your side. Only Zavvi and Disney are to blame for this cock up.

Last edited:
Reactions: apsmith21
Maybe Zavvi can't update because they need the artwork directly from Disney?

They would have had the stock delivered to them with long enough notice to have:

A) Updated the artwork on the website - therefore giving customers who weren't happy ample opportunity to cancel
B) Check & sort the stock themselves to ensure they had not received damaged goods
C) Start their own internal packaging process

In my cynical opinion, they would have had this for a minimum of 2 weeks, and the ONLY reason they didn't do anything with the information is for fear of the cancellations they would have received.

This is in no offence to the MODS/staff at HDN, but it seems Zavvi are so clear with you about the dates and times of flash sales and pre order dates, yet they cant tell HDN about crucial information like this.

I'm not implying HDN knew about the issue before hand, but Zavvi have created what will soon become a very negative thread through their own stupidity - and you cant reason with stupidity.

They would have had the stock delivered to them with long enough notice to have:

A) Updated the artwork on the website - therefore giving customers who weren't happy ample opportunity to cancel
B) Check & sort the stock themselves to ensure they had not received damaged goods
C) Start their own internal packaging process

In my cynical opinion, they would have had this for a minimum of 2 weeks, and the ONLY reason they didn't do anything with the information is for fear of the cancellations they would have received.

I get you...Just pointing out what may be happening with Disney's listings on Zavvi...

IMO - Disney is one big beast, they deal with who they want and under their terms!

Maybe Zavvi can't update because they need the artwork directly from Disney?

And that's very correct in this case, I believe. Remember that in a lot of cases that it's not the retailer that has control over this - in my work with other retailers (and Zavvi), we have often asked for pictures of the actual product in advance. But if the studio doesn't send anything, then we don't have anything to go by beyond the mockup we've (and the retailer) received. :banghead:

However, I'm sure by now Zavvi realizes this might be a mistake (shipping out without notice of change in design) and will hopefully be working on a solution or alternative. :facepalm:

(remember that my opinion is my own, and the last sentence of this post is me guessing) ;)

I guess even if people would have known that it will be like the spanish version, most would have kept their order. Only problem is that some people ordered the spanish version, because they thought the zavvi one will be different. I would have prefered two different designs, too. Now I will only have two differnt slips and j-cards...

I think partial refunds should be given out to ALL who ordered. Whether you are satisfied with the finally product or not, This is REALLY bad business on Zavvi's part and that would be an easy way to rectify the situation...Maybe the Mods can pass that idea along ;)

Reactions: yeslek
Whilst Disney are a beast, I'm sure they are not one to put their retailers in this position. If they have deliberately done this, and cost Zavvi money (by Zavvi having to cover the cost of returns, refunds etc) then this puts Zavvi in a position to persue legal action.

Now whilst I'm sure Zavvi wouldn't go after Disney in this way, it does put them in a stronger negotiating position, which Disney would not like.

The above is all speculation, however I just can't see Disney deliberately putting Zavvi in this position.

I think partial refunds should be given out to ALL who ordered. Whether you are satisfied with the finally product or not, This is REALLY bad business on Zavvi's part and that would be an easy way to rectify the situation...Maybe the Mods can pass that idea along ;)

Fairly certain that Zavvi will be reading this thread. :)

I guess even if people would have known that it will be like the spanish version, most would have kept their order. Only problem is that some people ordered the spanish version, because they thought the zavvi one will be different. I would have prefered two different designs, too. Now I will only have two differnt slips and j-cards...

OR you can just sell it...It's still a beautiful steel and it's sold out on Zavvi's main site :thumbs:

As a Zavvi "disliker", I can only say one thing, why would they post a white version of this release, when, as I assume, none such version was ever produced?

As one who admits a intense dislike for Zavvi, I am willing to accept however, that Zavvi were given duff info from Disney. It would be nice for "The home of steelbooks" , to give the punters an answer.

I'm REALLY glad I pre-ordered this months ago!!!!! SWEET!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

This is beautiful, one of my favorite releases of all time!!!!

And love the film, the first film I've seen from "Disney" that seems like a Walt Disney film.