Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi have actually been lucky in this instance because the finished product they've sent out is excellent and probably much better than the white one would have looked. It could have been a lot worse for them if this had been a matte-black eyesore of a steel. I actually don't think they'll get many people returning this.

I need to workout what sort of complaint to make to get the postage paid for, for returning this. I'm not paying the return postage for their cock up with this.

Hi all, fyi, HDN did not receive any advance notice that the art was going to change from the mockup. We have been in touch with Zavvi to see if they could provide additional info on how or why the art switch occurred. We'll post as other updates become available. Thanks all!

Why has it taken until now to raise these concerns with Zavvi? This has been arguably the busiest thread on the forum for the last week or two, yet it seems the thread was practically ignored by mods/staff (until today strangely). The staff here are usually very good at sourcing information for members but for whatever reason that didn't happen in this instance. I'm not suggesting that this is in any way the fault of anyone here, simply that this debacle could possibly have been avoided.

It does seem odd that this is one of the very few Disney threads that haven't had the actual images posted ahead of release. Maybe I should have taken more notice of that !

Why has it taken until now to raise these concerns with Zavvi? This has been arguably the busiest thread on the forum for the last week or two, yet it seems the thread was practically ignored by mods/staff (until today strangely). The staff here are usually very good at sourcing information for members but for whatever reason that didn't happen in this instance. I'm not suggesting that this is in any way the fault of anyone here, simply that this debacle could possibly have been avoided.
Very good point. Makes you wonder, huh?

Not as discribed for those NOT happy . Paypal you are coverd as the buyer. Dont Zavvi do free returns ? .

Could that be why Zavvi have stopped payments by Paypal ?. One thing's for sure unless I WANT NO NEED a Zavvi relise then I wont jump untill actual art is put on the listing.

Still looking forward to this in hand . No post AGAIN Pooop's

Rational thinking? We'll have none of that here thank you very much! :LOL:

It had been confirmed by a few people in this thread who contacted Zavvi's customer services, that this was suppose to be white, so perhaps the staff/mods didn't feel it was necessary to be told the same thing? I know I would have left Zavvi alone if someone else had already had it confirmed by them, if I was a staff member. But we now know that we the customers know more than Zavvi will ever will.

People are saying its Disney's fault, but I think Zavvi should take a large chunk of the blame as well. After all it's still white on their website now. They can't even be bothered to update that.

Reactions: harry

We ask the questions, however it doesn't always guarantee we will get an answer. And just because mods/staff were not actively posting on this thread, it doesn't mean it was being ignored.

Personally, I blame Zavvi - as many have said even now they haven't updated the site! Not that it really matters, as it's still listed as sold out. The Zavvi staff that confirmed it's white to a few customers should have to go through some sort of internal warning process (I'd have to at my work for such a thing) and Zavvi themselves need to take blame for not posting the art up which they 100% would have known about well in advance, no-one can convince me otherwise on that!

But I'm happy cos I much preferred the black artwork from the second I saw it :woot:

Personally, I blame Zavvi - as many have said even now they haven't updated the site! Not that it really matters, as it's still listed as sold out. The Zavvi staff that confirmed it's white to a few customers should have to go through some sort of internal warning process (I'd have to at my work for such a thing) and Zavvi themselves need to take blame for not posting the art up which they 100% would have known about well in advance, no-one can convince me otherwise on that!

But I'm happy cos I much preferred the black artwork from the second I saw it :woot:

Maybe Zavvi can't update because they need the artwork directly from Disney?

Reactions: Marina Blue