Do you like what you see?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: May 13 June 10, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - One Click (Full Slip + Lenti + Quarter Slip with Lenticular Magnet) (Pre-order April 15, 2016 - Order Limit: One Click x 1, Full Slip x 2, Lenticular x 2)
Price: $48.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $145.99 (One Click)
HDN GB: hosted by Aniv
Notes: Print Run (Total 2,500): Full Slip - 700 copies, numbered. Lenticular Slip - 900 Copies, numbered
One Click is 3 Steelbooks (Full+Lenti+Lenti Magnet) - 300 Copies, numbered
Lenti Magnet Steelbook only available with the One-Click
SteelBook will be full gloss finish with awesome embossing/debossing and everything else the community strives for

one.jpg lenti.jpg full.jpg

SteelBook Render
12825305_172701839777369_813276042_n.jpg

Lenticular | Full Slip
Manta_MOS_3DBD2016_Lenticular_Slip.png Manta_MOS_3DBD2016_Full_Slip.png Manta_Lab_MOS_Full_Slip_Packshot_Overview.png
SteelBook Overview Render
12822870_174389092941977_299060227_o.jpg

Lenticular WIP Render

Lenti Magnet (idea is to have it look like its part of the steel so the flow goes from the front image to the back)

- Region Free (A,B,C)
- 2D + 3D Blu-ray Disc
- Video: 1080P HD 2.4:1
- 3D Feature Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio: English 7.1, Dolby Digital: Mandarin 5.1, Thai 5.1, Polish 5.1 & Turkish 5.1
- 3D Subtitles: Cantonese, Complex Chinese, English, Korean, Indonesia Bahasa, Thai, Turkish & Polish
- 2D Feature Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio: English 7.1, Dolby Digital: Czech 5.1, Polish 5.1 & Thai 5.1
- 2D Subtitles: Cantonese, Complex Chinese, English, Korean, Indonesia Bahasa, Thai, European Portuguese, Slovenian, Serbian, Polish, Hebrew, Greek, Czech, Croatian & Arabic
- All editions come with Booklet, Character Cards(5ea), Post Cards(4ea), Tip-on, Exclusive numbering sticker and Exclusive release sticker.

12670498_1051868664923241_8424938282118420356_n.png

12974523_1053304964779611_3202597977664484170_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:
feedback can be provided without using the term ripoff, why are we arguing? Its pretty simple either you choose to buy it or not. There is no hard and fast rule that you need to have every steelbook ever released.

I haven't used the term rip off and your telling me to go open a shop!!

My feedback is constructive and not harsh. I've already stated before that I think blu fans and HDzeta charge a bit too much and kimchi and nova too with certain releases so I was kind of hoping this company wouldn't follow but I was wrong. I'm not being harsh in what I'm saying!!

And I'm not arguing.

I've also never stated I need every Steelbook avaliable but I was up for this as my standard one is quite crappy but the price has put me off a little.
Oh well, I'll just wait for a cheaper version from another company because now the DC universe is starting to unravel I imagine superman will start being done to death anyway by them all soon like most marvel steels.

Where did you get your numbers from? Its $ (49+ 12 + 2+ PP fees ) unless you pay me in cash and there will be no PP fees. I dont think it adds up to $80.

Some countries take custom tax on Imports. And in some countries the postal service takes also a fee to collect these custom tax. So that's where he is probably get his numbers from. Not the amount you/Manta Lab charge, the amount he have to pay in the end for everything. For example in Germany it's 19 % custom tax, so if I would forced to pay customs it would be around 78 USD delivered for either the FS or the Lenti. That's why he said 80 USD I guess..

I haven't used the term rip off and your telling me to go open a shop!!

My feedback is constructive and not harsh. I've already stated before that I think blu fans and HDzeta charge a bit too much and kimchi and nova too with certain releases so I was kind of hoping this company wouldn't follow but I was wrong. I'm not being harsh in what I'm saying!!

And I'm not arguing.

I've also never stated I need every Steelbook avaliable but I was up for this as my standard one is quite crappy but the price has put me off a little.
Oh well, I'll just wait for a cheaper version from another company because now the DC universe is starting to unravel I imagine superman will start being done to death anyway by them all soon like most marvel steels.

ok point taken. Your feedback was not taken in the wrong context. I was indicating your agreement to the feedback made by @lgans316. Since we are discussing price. What should be an appropriate price for this release and future releases from a HK based retailer?

Some countries take custom tax on Imports. And in some countries the postal service takes also a fee to collect these custom tax. So that's where he is probably get his numbers from. Not the amount you/Manta Lab charge, the amount he have to pay in the end for everything. For example in Germany it's 19 % custom tax, so if I would forced to pay customs it would be around 78 USD delivered for either the FS or the Lenti. That's why he said 80 USD I guess..

Aah ok gotcha. How is it any different from what Blufans. HDzeta, Nova and Kimchi charge? There is a provision to mark it as whatever rate the buyer decides within reason; Do you think it will help?

Love how both the full slip and the lenti look

Can't wait for the GB and to get my name down for the 1 Click

Reactions: Aniv
Oh wow! Thanks for the tag @rj531 :thumbs:

Being a new company I didn't know what to expect but that has exceeded any expectations I did have. Looks like a lot of effort has been put into the details and I am very impressed. Being the first release in definitely up for getting this (as long as payment can wait until payday on Tuesday :whistle:). And price wise it's about what I'd expect for what is offered so nonissue a from me. One thing I will say is that I couldn't afford to buy one a month but 4-5 a year would be reasonable. I just hope that they haven't bitten off more than they can chew as far as how much detail they've added. It's just about everything you can think of, even UV!

Thanks for the opportunity to buy this @Aniv count me in! :thumbs:

Now more importantly tell me more about Deadpool... :naughty:

ok point taken. Your feedback was not taken in the wrong context. I was indicating your agreement to the feedback made by @lgans316. Since we are discussing price. What should be an appropriate price for this release and future releases from a HK based retailer?

Ah ok, yeah I just didn't like the reply back to Igans and that's why I thanked/liked. That's all and then I thought you was saying the same to me.

Well I notice this is the price for a brand new 3D release from these kinds of retailers so I don't know how much less but a bit less than what it is. As mentioned before it's a 3 year old film so maybe that should be taken into account. I only wanted my feedback to be taken on board and not actually get into an arguement with you if that's how it was looking.

Aah ok gotcha. How is it any different from what Blufans. HDzeta, Nova and Kimchi charge? There is a provision to mark it as whatever rate the buyer decides within reason; Do you think it will help?

I can't officially recommend you or Manta Lab that because I think it's against the law, at least in some countries ........... But some retailers ship their stuff what people call "custom friendly" yes

@Aniv will the full slip be embossed/debossed say like the ant man novamedia Fullslip? I think the suit being textured would be cool like the honey comb effect on the ant man slip

Most times custom friendly works as in been marked as $20 merchandise

It does though happen on some occasions customs will suspect the price marked is not correct and request the customer provide a invoice showing payment and if payment was by PayPal a copy

I have been hit a few times by customs even though it was marked at a lower price but most of the time been marked down at a lower price works

It's a lottery as to what parcels customs decide to question some countries are more strict than others

If you decide to ask a retailer to mark down the value on the packaging it's not 100% you will avoid customs if you live in Europe

Out of around 100 parcels from abroad I only got hit for customs on around 5 occasions

Most times custom friendly works as in been marked as $20 merchandise

It does though happen on some occasions customs will suspect the price marked is not correct and request the customer provide a invoice showing payment and if payment was by PayPal a copy

I have been hit a few times by customs even though it was marked at a lower price but most of the time been marked down at a lower price works

It's a lottery as to what parcels customs decide to question some countries are more strict than others

If you decide to ask a retailer to mark down the value on the packaging it's not 100% you will avoid customs if you live in Europe

Out of around 100 parcels from abroad I only got hit for customs on around 5 occasions

i had to pay customs 5 out of 6 times lol :blackeye:

Reactions: Aniv and paulboland
Across the globe starting with the U.S.A first . To me that figures . World revolving around one country on the planet .

Well me for one still not seen it don't want to see it .

Like most Super Hero movies no concideration is taken into account of the loss sufferd by the non empowerd people on the street . While buldings are collapsing around then and loved ones are being killed by debris . Its all alright as it is a comic book and the next movie everything will be back to the world we know it .

Thats why I find The Watchmen so clever the loss is convayed to the viewer .

So for me EASY PASS .

Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi
In my opinion, for a new company like this, and with their first release, the price should be more friendly (around $55 shipped), then more people will be tempted to get it and if the steel is executed right, then Manta has earned our trust and reputation, then for the future release, if they want to increase the price, they can. But right now, they should just try to test the water and listen to customers opinion.
And yes, Blufans Marvel steels are around $60+ shipped each too but blufans has a huge impact and reputation among the steelbooks community, so it's sorted of like they can ask for that price without getting the hesitation from the customers. (But remember that when blufans first opened, their prices were a lot lower than now)
And Nova started at $50 for their steelbook + shipping too but their first exclusive was "Captain America TWS", and it was a new release, so $50 for it was reasonable.
I'm just suggesting the starting price point here, not trying to bashing Manta or anything, so hopefully @Aniv can read this and pass it to Manta for them to reconsider the price point.