Do you like what you see?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: May 13 June 10, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - One Click (Full Slip + Lenti + Quarter Slip with Lenticular Magnet) (Pre-order April 15, 2016 - Order Limit: One Click x 1, Full Slip x 2, Lenticular x 2)
Price: $48.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $145.99 (One Click)
HDN GB: hosted by Aniv
Notes: Print Run (Total 2,500): Full Slip - 700 copies, numbered. Lenticular Slip - 900 Copies, numbered
One Click is 3 Steelbooks (Full+Lenti+Lenti Magnet) - 300 Copies, numbered
Lenti Magnet Steelbook only available with the One-Click
SteelBook will be full gloss finish with awesome embossing/debossing and everything else the community strives for

one.jpg lenti.jpg full.jpg

SteelBook Render
12825305_172701839777369_813276042_n.jpg

Lenticular | Full Slip
Manta_MOS_3DBD2016_Lenticular_Slip.png Manta_MOS_3DBD2016_Full_Slip.png Manta_Lab_MOS_Full_Slip_Packshot_Overview.png
SteelBook Overview Render
12822870_174389092941977_299060227_o.jpg

Lenticular WIP Render

Lenti Magnet (idea is to have it look like its part of the steel so the flow goes from the front image to the back)

- Region Free (A,B,C)
- 2D + 3D Blu-ray Disc
- Video: 1080P HD 2.4:1
- 3D Feature Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio: English 7.1, Dolby Digital: Mandarin 5.1, Thai 5.1, Polish 5.1 & Turkish 5.1
- 3D Subtitles: Cantonese, Complex Chinese, English, Korean, Indonesia Bahasa, Thai, Turkish & Polish
- 2D Feature Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio: English 7.1, Dolby Digital: Czech 5.1, Polish 5.1 & Thai 5.1
- 2D Subtitles: Cantonese, Complex Chinese, English, Korean, Indonesia Bahasa, Thai, European Portuguese, Slovenian, Serbian, Polish, Hebrew, Greek, Czech, Croatian & Arabic
- All editions come with Booklet, Character Cards(5ea), Post Cards(4ea), Tip-on, Exclusive numbering sticker and Exclusive release sticker.

12670498_1051868664923241_8424938282118420356_n.png

12974523_1053304964779611_3202597977664484170_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I pay customs every... single... time... I order from a retailer outside EU and the amount (including shipping) exceeds 23 eur. What a joy.

That shouldn't be the case. The customs rules dictate that they take into consideration, when deciding to do the customs clearing, ONLY the value of the item. If that exceeds EUR 22, then they will bill the VAT. But the VAT will be calculated based on value + shipping costs.

Example:
Item costs 21€, shiping costs 10€: you should be safe
Item costs 23€, shipping costs 10€, then VAT will be billed based on total value 33€
(if the value is over 150€, then they will bill you customs duties as well - if duties apply for the item / tariff code)
They can however charge you some fees if they check you item, but decide to let it slide. This is a sport of some sorts here in Slovenia. No VAT, but still cca 5€ in handling fees.

Then again, the customs officers have a very wide range of "rules" set in place allowing them to decide case-by-case, regardless of the "modus operandi".

Reactions: Aniv
Across the globe starting with the U.S.A first . To me that figures . World revolving around one country on the planet .

Well me for one still not seen it don't want to see it .

Like most Super Hero movies no concideration is taken into account of the loss sufferd by the non empowerd people on the street . While buldings are collapsing around then and loved ones are being killed by debris . Its all alright as it is a comic book and the next movie everything will be back to the world we know it .

Thats why I find The Watchmen so clever the loss is convayed to the viewer .

So for me EASY PASS .
Fortunately for you, this not only covered, but a major plot point in "Batman v Superman"!!! That being the massive amount of collateral damage from "Man of Steel". Though...I am guessing that won't change your interest in this.
It also seems to be a major topic in "Captain America: Civil War".
Anyway...maybe they won't just brush over that stuff as much as they used to.

@Raimi That's your experience, not mine. Thank you for your examples (believe me, I am well familiar with ''official'' listings and the many ''varieties'' I've experienced so far), but I've been through many idiotic situations in my 16 years of collecting, including being told that my ''traffic'' is being ''monitored'', having 2 identical items with identical total price taxed with different fees and being accused of lying to an official for saying I'm keeping two copies of the same movie for a private movie collection - just because the guy said ''nobody does that''. You know? Same rules don't apply for everyone. But good for you, if everything goes by the book in your cases.

Sorry for spamming the thread, back to topic...

• Informative
Reactions: Aniv and Scary Hair
@Raimi That's your experience, not mine. Thank you for your examples (believe me, I am well familiar with ''official'' listings and the many ''varieties'' I've experienced so far), but I've been through many idiotic situations in my 16 years of collecting, including being told that my ''traffic'' is being ''monitored'', having 2 identical items with identical total price taxed with different fees and being accused of lying to an official for saying I'm keeping two copies of the same movie for a private movie collection - just because the guy said ''nobody does that''. You know? Same rules don't apply for everyone. But good for you, if everything goes by the book in your cases.

Sorry for spamming the thread, back to topic...

Did you ever have to open your Steelbook, because the guy wanted to check if there is actually a blu-ray in there :banghead:

In my opinion, for a new company like this, and with their first release, the price should be more friendly (around $55 shipped), then more people will be tempted to get it and if the steel is executed right, then Manta has earned our trust and reputation, then for the future release, if they want to increase the price, they can. But right now, they should just try to test the water and listen to customers opinion.
And yes, Blufans Marvel steels are around $60+ shipped each too but blufans has a huge impact and reputation among the steelbooks community, so it's sorted of like they can ask for that price without getting the hesitation from the customers. (But remember that when blufans first opened, their prices were a lot lower than now)
And Nova started at $50 for their steelbook + shipping too but their first exclusive was "Captain America TWS", and it was a new release, so $50 for it was reasonable.
I'm just suggesting the starting price point here, not trying to bashing Manta or anything, so hopefully @Aniv can read this and pass it to Manta for them to reconsider the price point.

Thanks and this is the way feedback should be provided. Will pass it on.

Did you ever have to open your Steelbook, because the guy wanted to check if there is actually a blu-ray in there :banghead:
:wacky: No... But I did have to pick up the (literally) broken pieces of the Bram Stoker's Dracula Superbit collection amaray off the counter with no one left to blame, because the customs officer said that the disc inside probably still works and I'm not to make any fuzz about it. Wrote an official complaint and was after that immediately told that they'll just archive it and no one will ever read it. :cigar: They like to show who the boss is.

That shouldn't be the case. The customs rules dictate that they take into consideration, when deciding to do the customs clearing, ONLY the value of the item. If that exceeds EUR 22, then they will bill the VAT. But the VAT will be calculated based on value + shipping costs.

Example:
Item costs 21€, shiping costs 10€: you should be safe
Item costs 23€, shipping costs 10€, then VAT will be billed based on total value 33€
(if the value is over 150€, then they will bill you customs duties as well - if duties apply for the item / tariff code)
They can however charge you some fees if they check you item, but decide to let it slide. This is a sport of some sorts here in Slovenia. No VAT, but still cca 5€ in handling fees.

Then again, the customs officers have a very wide range of "rules" set in place allowing them to decide case-by-case, regardless of the "modus operandi".

This is for your country but all countries handle this different.

For Germany your example is false. Item value+shipping counts, if it's above 26 EUR I need to pay custom tax of 19 %. The item could cost 5 EUR and the shipping is 25 EUR then I need to pay custom tax. Doesn't matter if the item would be under 26 EUR...

Sorry for off-topic, just wanted to make it clear for maybe new ninjas who never imported something. Please look at the guidelines of your customs in your Country.

Can`t wait for this, hope they`re up to HDzeta , Blufans standard minus the ebay price hike LOL

ok point taken. Your feedback was not taken in the wrong context. I was indicating your agreement to the feedback made by @lgans316. Since we are discussing price. What should be an appropriate price for this release and future releases from a HK based retailer?

In my opinion catalog titles must not be above $50 including postage. Even $50 for 35 grams of metal is way too high but I can see many retailers chariging the same possibly due to other factors.

If Zavvi released the same Steelbook for half the price minus the goodies the people who mock me will start poo-ing all over the thread saying it is too high blah blah. Double standards are ripe in UK threads.

I am not sure about your profit margins but as a consumer I expect reasonable pricing. Of course I don't want any retailer to be at loss but at the same time they should keep the pricing on tab.

Anyway II wish your business good luck and success. :)

Can`t wait for this, hope they`re up to HDzeta , Blufans standard minus the ebay price hike LOL

eBay prices are stupid, but considering we're on the ground floor on this one, I think we'd want the eBay price hike to be just like Blufans and the other retailers, otherwise the market value for this one would be lower... Not that it means too much to me, because I don't plan on selling any of mine, but it would feel good knowing that, at some point, it's worth more than what was paid. :)

In my opinion catalog titles must not be above $50 including postage. Even $50 for 35 grams of metal is way too high but I can see many retailers chariging the same possibly due to other factors.

If Zavvi released the same Steelbook for half the price minus the goodies the people who mock me will start poo-ing all over the thread saying it is too high blah blah. Double standards are ripe in UK threads.

I am not sure about your profit margins but as a consumer I expect reasonable pricing. Of course I don't want any retailer to be at loss but at the same time they should keep the pricing on tab.

Thats the point though flower . Zavvi dont do a relise at half price hardly . Its a third almost. New title fair enough older one no goodies outdated thinking .

Double standards apply everywhere under our noses we go along like good sheep . Buying into what is nothing more than a marketing mans dream makeing belive we NEED something .

If the priceing is resoable fair enough same with the shipping . Its IF HMC catches you thats where the poo hits the fan.

Me I prefer poo hitting the fan for movies I want to watch again and again .

Good Luck all in GB's no matter when , where , Already Running or upcoming .

This one not for me :) .

Like most Super Hero movies no concideration is taken into account of the loss sufferd by the non empowerd people on the street . While buldings are collapsing around then and loved ones are being killed by debris . Its all alright as it is a comic book and the next movie everything will be back to the world we know it .

Thats why I find The Watchmen so clever the loss is convayed to the viewer .

So for me EASY PASS .
@Scary Hair
Yeah there's repercussions in Batman vs Superman DOJ because of what you said, wrong thread to discuss this but I know where your coming from, I too loved Watchmen despite the ending.

There's things I liked for MOS and things that I didn't but on the whole I enjoyed it.
A great title for Manta Lab's first release, hoping that Aquaman gets a release in a few years under Manta Labs new label...
latest

Black Manta!

Reactions: Aniv and Scary Hair

Thats the point though flower . Zavvi dont do a relise at half price hardly . Its a third almost. New title fair enough older one no goodies outdated thinking .

Double standards apply everywhere under our noses we go along like good sheep . Buying into what is nothing more than a marketing mans dream makeing belive we NEED something .

If the priceing is resoable fair enough same with the shipping . Its IF HMC catches you thats where the poo hits the fan.

Me I prefer poo hitting the fan for movies I want to watch again and again .

Good Luck all in GB's no matter when , where , Already Running or upcoming .

This one not for me :) .

At least we get price drops with zavvi lol

I am pretty sure I have paid close to $40 for Zavvi 3D release in the past. Considering this release is a bit more i think its worth it. I would love to pay less as we all do but everyone is free to order what they feel and let that dictate the market for these releases.

Last edited:
For years people have been collecting, trading and selling Steelbooks. I cant think of a single company that has come in and offered a 1-click at a higher price then the individuals. Usually you save on the 1-click. So the question shouldn't be is the price of the 1-click to high, it should be is what you're giving me(consumers) worth the extra say $45. If you(Manta) feel that it is then I say go for it.

It's a company that wants to make money and there are enough people out there that whether there's extra or not they'll pay it. My biggest concern is if you(Manta) start pumping these out like Kimchi then you will have frustrated people because they cant afford to complete their collection. If you're putting out 1 every month, not so bad. It was mentioned above that being a new company you should offer the consumers a fair starting price to check out the quality and decide. I agree with this because what if you(manta) put this out and consumers don't like it? You will be forced to show your hand and either lower the prices or bring in better quality product. However, if the results are overwhelmingly great then by all means go nuts(price) on your next release.

Lastly, as I hope to be apart of the 1-Click GB, I think at these prices you should start to think of things like VIP status(Blufans). Sometimes that little bit extra that you do for the loyal people goes a long way. All of this is just my opinion.

For years people have been collecting, trading and selling Steelbooks. I cant think of a single company that has come in and offered a 1-click at a higher price then the individuals. Usually you save on the 1-click. So the question shouldn't be is the price of the 1-click to high, it should be is what you're giving me(consumers) worth the extra say $45. If you(Manta) feel that it is then I say go for it.

It's a company that wants to make money and there are enough people out there that whether there's extra or not they'll pay it. My biggest concern is if you(Manta) start pumping these out like Kimchi then you will have frustrated people because they cant afford to complete their collection. If you're putting out 1 every month, not so bad. It was mentioned above that being a new company you should offer the consumers a fair starting price to check out the quality and decide. I agree with this because what if you(manta) put this out and consumers don't like it? You will be forced to show your hand and either lower the prices or bring in better quality product. However, if the results are overwhelmingly great then by all means go nuts(price) on your next release.

Lastly, as I hope to be apart of the 1-Click GB, I think at these prices you should start to think of things like VIP status(Blufans). Sometimes that little bit extra that you do for the loyal people goes a long way. All of this is just my opinion.

Well said, I agree. I've never had a chance to start on day 1 with a company and this is it.

2. Embossing on the lenticular? I assume this means the title on the spine (and eventually on the top side) is embossed, right? Or will they invent a embossed title on the lenti itself? :D

Haven't seen an embossed lenticular slip since the Disney 3D Amarays!
It is possible to emboss lenticulars. Some Canadian (and US?) amaray slips have embossed titles. Its rare but it exists. Examples - Star trek into darkness, TMNT, & POTC: On Stranger Tides.

• Informative
Reactions: monsterzebra