My King Kong Collection!

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Welcome to 'My KING KONG Collection' :drool:

My KONG Collection!.jpg

Hello everyone! I'm new here! Thanks to Tridon, I joined this awesome forum. His collection was an inspiration to post mine :notworthy: I'm a huge King Kong Collector, especially from the 2005 film. But my love for this story, all started with the original King Kong! My father bought me a VHS copy of the 1933 version at a yard sale, I think I was 10 years old. I didn't care for black and white/classic movies ... but it was King Kong that changed my whole view and appreciation for movies. And when Peter Jackson remade this film... that was it! He perfected "The Beauty and the Beast" tale! Thanks everyone for viewing my collection and for all the positive feedback! :thumbs:

Updates:
#1 -
1. My 8ft. Statue.jpg 2. Kong v.s Rex.jpg 3. Kong Bookends.JPG 4. Kong Bust.JPG
5. Kong vs Plane.JPG 6. Kong vs Rex 2.JPG 7. Kong Skulls.JPG

#2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

#21 #22 #23 #24 #25

king%20kong2.gif

Last edited:
@Mojo , you are right man, need more Kong's collection for sure!!! :thumbs:

@tridon , Thanks man! You got cool Kong's collection too! (But either this thread or your thread, i saw many broken images, not sure is my problems or what :( ) Yup, definitely will stick around, glad to met more Kong's fans!

@bloodsnake007 , You are right man. Altho Kong was killed in the movie, but his spirit will never die! He fought to death and never surrender! :thumbs:

2016, there will be a new movie called "Skull Island" (guess no Kong in the movie (and probably not Weta to design the creatures?)), let's pray it will be another great movie with lots of giant and cool creatures :D

Cheer~

@tridon , Thanks man! You got cool Kong's collection too! (But either this thread or your thread, i saw many broken images, not sure is my problems or what :( ) Yup, definitely will stick around, glad to met more Kong's fans!

Yeah, a lot of images sadly became broken when the forum switched over. :(

Good news, though. You can also see my Kong items in my photo thread HERE! ;)

And like @bloodsnake007 said, we're all here to help each other out. It'll be awesome to have another giant-monster fan in the house! Speaking of which, you guys need to check out the new HMV exclusive slipcovers... Kong's in there! :D

Yeah, a lot of images sadly became broken when the forum switched over. :(

Good news, though. You can also see my Kong items in my photo thread HERE! ;)

And like @bloodsnake007 said, we're all here to help each other out. It'll be awesome to have another giant-monster fan in the house! Speaking of which, you guys need to check out the new HMV exclusive slipcovers... Kong's in there! :D

@tridon you have lots of amazing collectibles too! Man, you guys really show me what a real Kong fan is! Look at those watch or lighter.... so unique, love them!

I saw you guys have the "Making of The King Kong" book, i just got it today, very good book!

Love you guys on this forum! (Other forums i went to, mostly into LOTR, Hobbit, Super Hero, Sideshow... altho they are some more active Kong fans, but... you guys really show more passion to Kong :D )

@bloodsnake007 , i think i saw that you have the Bronze Kong bust, what do you think about it? :) And also, the art print with signature, what do you think about it? I am still having trouble to decide if i should get it (I think i will get it eventually...LOL), i like it, but the shipping price is almost equal to the item price that is still holding me to get it :(

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
About Kong, when i was small, i always like to watch movies with huge monsters or Dinosaurs. King Kong was one of the movies i watched when i was less than 10 year old. That time me and my father always talked about King Kong, we even discussed if there were Robot Kong and King Kong in real life, who would have won the battle? My father's conclusion was Robot Kong, because they looked equally strong but robot Kong doesn't feel pain, so robot Kong wins....haha. But now, i know King Kong would win, he just got such a great spirit, he fought to death for someone he loved.

Man, every time he went down, when he saw Ann looking at him, he stood up again and fought again! In my eyes, Kong is strong, cute, powerful, fierce, smart, and ROMANTIC! After he beaten the last V-Rex, he brought Ann to watch Sunset :D, and When he was chasing by army, he still show his romantic gene by playing around with Ann on the ice land :D

For all the statues i bought, i almost look at them every day (unless im not in home). I dont put them in glasses because i want to look at them and touch them... Really wish Universal Studio could make a new Kong movie. Altho 2016 will have a new one called Skull Island, but due to copyright issue, i doubt Kong would appear in it :(...

P/S I know i am full of grammar mistakes, next time i will try to make lesser grammar mistakes :)

@bloodsnake007 , i think i saw that you have the Bronze Kong bust, what do you think about it? :) And also, the art print with signature, what do you think about it? I am still having trouble to decide if i should get it (I think i will get it eventually...LOL), i like it, but the shipping price is almost equal to the item price that is still holding me to get it :(
@KingKongCygor Hey buddy! Sorry for the late reply! :emb: I've been doing my best to get back to everyone here on HDN! My apologies... I hope all is well with you my friend! Happy to hear from you! ;)

I HIGHLY recommend those 2 Editions! :drool: Yes, they're very expensive... but a MUST OWN for any Kong Kollector!!! :cool: :notworthy: If you don't get them... you WILL regret it! :naughty: :D

92-kong-v-s-v-rex-art-frame-jpg.39350

full

About Kong, when i was small, i always like to watch movies with huge monsters or Dinosaurs. King Kong was one of the movies i watched when i was less than 10 year old. That time me and my father always talked about King Kong, we even discussed if there were Robot Kong and King Kong in real life, who would have won the battle? My father's conclusion was Robot Kong, because they looked equally strong but robot Kong doesn't feel pain, so robot Kong wins....haha. But now, i know King Kong would win, he just got such a great spirit, he fought to death for someone he loved.

Man, every time he went down, when he saw Ann looking at him, he stood up again and fought again! In my eyes, Kong is strong, cute, powerful, fierce, smart, and ROMANTIC! After he beaten the last V-Rex, he brought Ann to watch Sunset :D, and When he was chasing by army, he still show his romantic gene by playing around with Ann on the ice land :D

For all the statues i bought, i almost look at them every day (unless im not in home). I dont put them in glasses because i want to look at them and touch them... Really wish Universal Studio could make a new Kong movie. Altho 2016 will have a new one called Skull Island, but due to copyright issue, i doubt Kong would appear in it :(...

P/S I know i am full of grammar mistakes, next time i will try to make lesser grammar mistakes :)
@KingKongCygor Your LOVE and Passion for Kong is fu**ing awesome! :notworthy: I really appreciate it because I know the exact feeling! :thumbs: It was my dad who introduced me to KONG, he 1st bought me a used VHS copy of the Original. And I've loved the Story of "Beauty and the Beast" ever since! But Peter Jackson's Remake became my favorite of all!!! :drool:

I like to do the same, I admire and just love to hold my statues! :D I also don't have them in glass or plastic cases! I would feel like they're prisoners in my home!!! :p

The 2005 version will always be the BEST and my absolute favorite! But I am very excited for the New SKULL ISLAND movie! :cool: Can't wait to see what it'll be about!!! I'm sure KONG will be in it, maybe just a different version and he might be huge! I'm hoping this will lead us to a NEW King Kong vs Godzilla movie!!!! :notworthy:

@KingKongCygor Hey buddy! Sorry for the late reply! :emb: I've been doing my best to get back to everyone here on HDN! My apologies... I hope all is well with you my friend! Happy to hear from you! ;)

I HIGHLY recommend those 2 Editions! :drool: Yes, they're very expensive... but a MUST OWN for any Kong Kollector!!! :cool: :notworthy: If you don't get them... you WILL regret it! :naughty: :D

@KingKongCygor Your LOVE and Passion for Kong is fu**ing awesome! :notworthy: I really appreciate it because I know the exact feeling! :thumbs: It was my dad who introduced me to KONG, he 1st bought me a used VHS copy of the Original. And I've loved the Story of "Beauty and the Beast" ever since! But Peter Jackson's Remake became my favorite of all!!! :drool:

I like to do the same, I admire and just love to hold my statues! :D I also don't have them in glass or plastic cases! I would feel like they're prisoners in my home!!! :p

The 2005 version will always be the BEST and my absolute favorite! But I am very excited for the New SKULL ISLAND movie! :cool: Can't wait to see what it'll be about!!! I'm sure KONG will be in it, maybe just a different version and he might be huge! I'm hoping this will lead us to a NEW King Kong vs Godzilla movie!!!! :notworthy:

Yes... you are right man!!! I have already bought the Bronze bust, now taking time cleaning it since it has serious oxygenated problem (almost whole statue became blue / green color!), but can't complain since the price is rather good, haha :)

As for the art frame....USD 199 for the item, and the shipping fee is about USD 200 too... hard decision but i believe i will just get it!!! As you said, i will really regret if i don't get it! (Out of all the Weta statues, i only passed the 2 human statues, really no love for any human statues eventho it is Kong related)

Ya man! you are right about the prisoners part, LOL! I really enjoy looking and touching them without blocking by glasses. When looking at the details of the sculpts, touching them to feel the quality and details...freaking NICE! Ya, would be great if Kong would be in it, can't wait to see all the design of those creatures included Kong! (But in my heart 2005 version Kong is the most handsome / cute / fierce looking Kong ever!)

• Helpful Post
New V-Rex sculpt in the progress (not by me) :)

Cheer~

10615626_1524853504393036_2450927078668794623_n_zpsf3cc2169.jpg
By the way, very awesome Sculpt!!! :cool: Can't wait to see the finished product!!! :thumbs:

Yes... you are right man!!! I have already bought the Bronze bust, now taking time cleaning it since it has serious oxygenated problem (almost whole statue became blue / green color!), but can't complain since the price is rather good, haha :)

As for the art frame....USD 199 for the item, and the shipping fee is about USD 200 too... hard decision but i believe i will just get it!!! As you said, i will really regret if i don't get it! (Out of all the Weta statues, i only passed the 2 human statues, really no love for any human statues eventho it is Kong related)

Ya man! you are right about the prisoners part, LOL! I really enjoy looking and touching them without blocking by glasses. When looking at the details of the sculpts, touching them to feel the quality and details...freaking NICE! Ya, would be great if Kong would be in it, can't wait to see all the design of those creatures included Kong! (But in my heart 2005 version Kong is the most handsome / cute / fierce looking Kong ever!)
@KingKongCygor You bought the Bronze Statue!?!?!?!?! :jawdrop: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's Great News, Congrats my friend!! :notworthy: I'm really looking forward to seeing your Collection, I hope you post it here on HDN!!! The Art Frame is definitely one of my prized possessions, I love it! :drool: Get it! :thumbs: $400, that's not a bad price! ;)

I agree 100%, KONG (2005) will always be the BEST!

KONG-05.jpg

Take care buddy! :cool:

Last edited:
Ya! I bought it when i saw it on Ebay. Price was good but the statue was oxygenated badly. I spent quite some time cleaning it. Will keep the rest of the parts oxygenated since that looks cool, but as for the head and shoulder, i am cleaning them. :thumbs:

20140909_1939181_zpsb3b3fbb5.jpg

I will get the frame soon (hopefully!), after i got it i will arrange my statues and take some photos :p

Next year is 2015 and 10 years anniversary for Kong 05 movie... hopefully my commissioned Kong Vs 3Vrexes Diorama could be done at that time :)

Ya! I bought it when i saw it on Ebay. Price was good but the statue was oxygenated badly. I spent quite some time cleaning it. Will keep the rest of the parts oxygenated since that looks cool, but as for the head and shoulder, i am cleaning them. :thumbs:

20140909_1939181_zpsb3b3fbb5.jpg

I will get the frame soon (hopefully!), after i got it i will arrange my statues and take some photos :p

Next year is 2015 and 10 years anniversary for Kong 05 movie... hopefully my commissioned Kong Vs 3Vrexes Diorama could be done at that time :)
@KingKongCygor WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop: :notworthy: All your Editions I can see in the pic, they're SUPER AWESOME! I'm completely amazed my friend... CONGRATS! I applaud you!
smileys-applause-242316.gif

I seriously can't wait to see more! ;) I'm crazy intrigued on your upcoming VS 3 V-Rexes Diorama!!! :thumbs:

I do hope next year will bring many EPIC 10th Anniversary Editions for King Kong! :cool: :D New Statues, Blu-Ray Collectibles, and Posters will be a DREAM come true!!! :drool: :woot:

Reactions: tridon
Thanks @bloodsnake007 :)

I asked the Weta crews, it seems like the chance of new statues is very slim :( Hobbit is the hottest thing now.

I had problems putting my Dino busts on the wall... this is one of the reasons why i still haven't taking some good pics for my collections. I think i will just put them on the table.

Btw, anyone here would be interested to buy Kong / V-rexes (basically Kong 05 related) statues / diorama if someone sculpting them? Atm there are 3 sculptors sculpting Kong related statues / diorama (non-Weta tho), i would be able to help if anyone wants to get them once they have done sculpting (i don't earn money, anything related to Kong 05, i will help as long as i can. If they can earn, there will be more statues / diorama coming , benefits me at the same time). :) Quality / likeliness' status should be quite high, i will be monitoring and giving ideas and provide lots of pics as references. :) Inside the making of Kong and world of Kong books, there are some ratio setting pics as reference too.

Cheer guys! Love KONG!

@bloodsnake007,

man, accidentally found some of your old posts when i were surfing Internet to get more data about King Kong statues/diorama.

See what you had been asking at that time :D

"A swamp scene would be cool. When the crew first encounters the dinosaur.
Kong fighting the bats. Kong in chains. Kong chasing Jack. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You definitely a huge Kong fan without any doubt! Even until today still talking about Kong! Salute!

One of the sculptors i know of (the one who sculpted the V-Rex i posted on this page), will be sculpting a diorama (more than one V-Rexes will be on it). Scene is not from the movie but it depicts the life of V-rexex, one of it probably will have "foods" inside his mouth. Kinda big... planned to be 75cm for each V-rex, but after that we reduced it to be 50-60cm may be. (How freaking big is the diorama if each V-rex has 75cm long? >.<, looks damn nice but not good for selling or shipping).

I love diorama.... time stop at the best moment and we could enjoy the scene, full of imagination about what would happen next when time starts again!

Not sure if you saw this mate? Have you got one of these in your garden ? :D

View attachment 148779
@dominic I just saw your post, I didn't receive a damn alert! :squint:

That would be awesome to have in my Garden right next to my Banana Trees! :woot: :D
@bloodsnake007

Man, i re-navigate the threads here, found out that i could see more cool photos, love how you display them, i especially like the Kong Last Stand statue that you put on the refrig! :cigar::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
@KingKongCygor Thanks buddy! :thumbs: I still have over a dozen of pics to repost and new ones to add! :thumbs:
I would love to have one in my garden! Wait... my house doesn't have a garden... :p
LOL! :hilarious:

Hello my fellow NINJAS! I'm back to post a new addition to my Kong Collection! :LOL: A new item that has instantly become one of my new favorites! :thumbs: Sent from an awesome NINJA! :scat: THANKS!

To my surprise... I received this in the mail today!

View attachment 54365

EEK! EEK! EEK! Seriously!?!? This is AWESOME! Thanks Ken! And Happy Holidays to you too my friend! I really appreciate it buddy, this means a lot!

View attachment 54366

View attachment 54367

I'll frame this letter once you become a famous script writer and director! I know you will! :thumbs: And I'll say, "Hey! Thats Tridon from HDN! He's my KONG Buddy!" :movie:

Thanks again! YOU ROCK! :scat:

Oh man! This is really so SWEET & COOL!!! /SALUTE !!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Revisited each of the pages! Seems all photos are back to normal :) And one thing no doubt for sure, you are one of the ULTIMATE Kong fans!!! Tons of Kong cool stuff!!! /bow :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

How is the (200-300cm) big Kong statue? Is it still inside your house? :thumbs:
@KingKongCygor Thanks for your kind words my AWESOME Kong Buddy! :woot: :thumbs: :cool: :notworthy:

The 8ft Statue is at my fathers garage at the moment :( I dont have room for him at our current home! :mad: :squint: Hopefully next year the wife and I can afford to get a bigger house, I miss my KONG! :drool:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: KingKongCygor