Night of the Living Dead (1990)(Limited Blu-Ray Edition)-Qty 3000-Twilight Time [USA]

ocielz

El NINJA Chingon
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2011
Winter Garden, Florida
Release October 9th
LANGUAGE: English
VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 1.85:1
AUDIO: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1990 / Color
88 MINUTES
R
REGION FREE
Limited Edition of 3,000 Units

Special Features: Isolated Score Track / Audio Commentary with Filmmaker Tom Savini / Original Theatrical Trailer

Price $29.95
SOLD OUT!!!
21678.jpg

ORDER HERE
http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/21678

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a shitstorm going down about this release at the moment. Apparently, the image is very dark and very blue. Twilight Time are denying anything wrong at there end. Here is a link to a forum, pretty much at the start of the problems. (I hope its ok to post this).

(Link Removed) Please, no links to any other forums are allowed, Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Day time shots from the end.

Posted from My Chingon Cell \m/ (>_

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349131191150.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349131191150.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 141
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349131205737.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349131205737.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Reactions: spawnshop
And now the Infamous Day time shots from the beginning :mad:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349131548815.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349131548815.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 139
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349131561641.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349131561641.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 126
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349131572807.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349131572807.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Heck even the Trailer on the Blu Ray comes with the normal color.

Hopefully they'll replace it with a better transfer.

Posted from My Chingon Cell \m/ (>_<) \m/

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349131860291.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349131860291.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 141
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349131871245.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349131871245.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 128
It looks OK to me from your pic ocielz, but a little dark.
Are you happy with it? Do you know how it compares to the DVD?

It looks OK to me from your pic ocielz, but a little dark.
Are you happy with it? Do you know how it compares to the DVD?

To be honest I like the DVD version/Trailer colors much better, this one has that bluish Tint thru out and the beginning day time scenes are terrible. I would like to watch it with the correct colors just as I remember it, just like the way it looks on the last 2 pictures above. I would hold off on opening yours and wait, hopefully they'll give us a proper transfer.

Also reading some of the post from that website, if you have your TV calibrated, there should be no movie that needs you to change the settings. Not once have i had to change my settings in order to enjoy a movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: spawnshop
To be honest I like the DVD version/Trailer colors much better, this one has that bluish Tint thru out and the beginning day time scenes are terrible. I would like to watch it with the correct colors just as I remember it, just like the way it looks on the last 2 pictures above. I would hold off on opening yours and wait, hopefully they'll give us a proper transfer.

Also reading some of the post from that website, if you have your TV calibrated, there should be no movie that needs you to change the settings. Not once have i had to change my settings in order to enjoy a movie.

Yeah, i read through the posts too, and it sounds like there is definitely something wrong with the transfer, whether it was done on purpose or not. Disappointing to hear. I'll wait it out and see what happens. I can always watch my DVD in the meantime :D

Yeah, i read through the posts too, and it sounds like there is definitely something wrong with the transfer, whether it was done on purpose or not. Disappointing to hear. I'll wait it out and see what happens. I can always watch my DVD in the meantime :D

Yeah that's the best route for now :(

Posted from My Chingon Cell (>_<)

I was gonna wait to watch this but since all the hype I had to have a look.
I gotta say guys....
My disc looks pretty good. Nowhere near as dark as the pics posted on here.
I even caught myself trying to pick on things but overall mine looks good for a 20+ film. The resolution is definitely better than the original.
Maybe I just got lucky.:D

Hopefully Arrow in the UK will release this at some point and show Twilight Time how it's done :D

Latest update from Twilight Time on my FB page.

Twilight Time DVD Label
UPDATE: As promised, we have discussed NOTLD at the studio and are able to verify via SPE's Mastering Department, that our Blu-ray is indeed the approved transfer from 2010, generated for the film's 20th anniversary, and done in consultation with the film's director of photography. As you will have also seen on this page and elsewhere on the internet, director Tom Savini has now had a chance to view the end product and declared it "fantastic." As we are aware that some fans of the film will remain disappointed, our offer of a full refund still stands if you wish to return your copy. However, we would caution you with this thought: this is a limited edition run of 3,000 copies, and the title is sold out. Right or wrong, it is a collector's item, and there are no guarantees this title will ever be repressed. Going forward, if TT encounters another situation where the new transfer differs greatly from the old, we will bring that to collectors' attention prior to the disc being offered so that you may know of the changes beforehand. Thanks for all your support.

Best,

Nick Redman and Brian Jamieson.

So, seems its the correct transfer. I will find out next week, when my mate (who now lives in Florida) is back for a holiday in UK and he is bringing my copy over with him. :oohyeah:

I just saw the movie and i gotta say that the blueish tint that has everyone talking is IMO not that bad...yes its darker, and yes its different, but it actually darkens the mood, which in the case of this movie, works out for it.Im a big zombie/Romero fan and my first zombie movie i saw was actually this one, so i know the original like the back of my hand, but i guess most people were used to seeing the movie look a certain way, and then seeing the new blu ray a bit differently comes as a bit of a shock, especially the hardcore fans. In the end, theres nothing we can do about it, and what im gonna do is watch the blu ray at night to give it a dark, gloomy look and when nostalgia kicks in, ill just pop in the dvd.