Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 19, 2020
Purchase links: SteelBook with Slipcase - SteelBook Only (Pre-order August 30 at 7 AM Red Carpet - 9 AM general sale UK time) )
Price: £16.99 (Slipcase Edition) - £15.99 (Steelbook only)
Notes: Slipcase Edition exclusive to Red Carpet

Red Carpert Slipcase.jpg

12683170-1564794785049621.jpg12683170-1894794785287371.jpg 12683170-9564794785227800.jpg 12683170-1334794785172288.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the same slipcase image has been used before on the DVD collection ...
View attachment 483283 View attachment 483266

... and the steelbook art from the France advance poster for the 2010 film:-
View attachment 483287 / View attachment 483292
interesting, thanks. :thumbs: it does make you wonder who puts these together - i deliberately did not say 'designs.'

for examples, even though i don't always like the artwork used for Cine-Museum releases, they usually try and use or commission something different and unusual from artists for the release of (often) a much loved classic. MantaLab (at least until recently) have an unswerving dedication to doing justice to the film(s) with the final product and artwork. even working heavily within studio constraints, companies like blufans do their best to create something that stands out and adds something to the film in question.

ok, you say, but they're all premiums. alright - i recently picked up some older zavvi releases, like first release Snow White, and also original Finding Nemo and Roger Rabbit (thanks again, @Jango). the level of detail, embossing, artwork, and care the studios invested in the artwork for those releases is mainly unmatched these days. but they (studios) can do it, as the new It chapter 1 & 2 via zavvi shows. they just don't usually bother.

and this - the OG for a series of films loved and followed for decades, cobbled together from multiple, wrong sources, aimed at an audience of fairly knowledgeable fans who will know this, makes me wonder - who puts these together? focus groups? executives? finance directors? whoever they are, they aren't fans.

there are far greater, way more concerning and fundamental issues happening in the world right now than artwork for a film release. :( i guess i am just channeling my anger at that here. rant over. :muted:

Last edited:
If this was the whole movie set, i would be tempted, but for one movie. I already own the set and the steelbook doesn't shout out BUY ME I'M AWESOME! Slip cover nice...

Shame they dont offer rc membership for all, ok it's not the best membership but least you get regular discounts and chance to get the slips which now seems the norm now.
The goonies for example looks nice and just finishes the edition.

Reactions: djjez83
You
pre-ordered
giphy.gif
You just ordered in time as says sold out, i ordered this when it first went live and then had issues with another steel and shipping. So canceled this one and reordered with the other steel i wanted.
Lets hope that was not a bad move as i would think earlier you order maybe greater chance and the later then possible oversold by zavvi.
I dont normally cancel and reorder but hopefully im still good. Knowing zavvi they probably have extras anyway later or canceled orders.
But i am shocked to see it sell out already, probably price was one reason.

• Wow
Reactions: tha_lunatic
You

You just ordered in time as says sold out, i ordered this when it first went live and then had issues with another steel and shipping. So canceled this one and reordered with the other steel i wanted.
Lets hope that was not a bad move as i would think earlier you order maybe greater chance and the later then possible oversold by zavvi.
I dont normally cancel and reorder but hopefully im still good. Knowing zavvi they probably have extras anyway later or canceled orders.
But i am shocked to see it sell out already, probably price was one reason.
damn, lucky me.
you should be fine, dont worry ;)