Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Best Buy) [USA]

RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Pirates 4 Collectible Case Pre-Sell on BestBuy.com

SKU: 3147046

M2191750.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/DVD/3147046.p?id=2258027&skuId=3147046&st=3147046&lp=1&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to hope that somebody on here picks an extra of all of these disney's up. My store only ever has dented ones left and the last time iordered online, my case arrived all messed up.

i know...i have a couple of steels ordered from best buy in the pass and due to their poor packaging they came damaged:( so when they realease the pre order pack, i'm always there firt time so i get to choose even if i have to get leate to work:hilarious:

Any updates on a release date? I suppose if it follows the Lion King model, maybe in less than two weeks. But anything firm would be nice.

I didn't mean the movie, but instead was referring to the case - which I was hoping came out early a la Lion King

:dunno: The disks might come in the case.

Nah, it's a date mess up on the Best Buy site. Pirates 4 will be an empty case, and it will come out early in store. But online it depends on when BB.com figures out the problem & will they actually change the date.

Given that Lion King was wrong, you'd think they'd go back and review the other presell cases... :rolleyes:

Now...this is speculation, but the Lion King case officially came out about 30 days before the movie release in store. So that means Pirates 4 might be available around / on September 18th.

I have been told that this will be out on shelves on 9/18, but I know some stores don't keep to that and had Lion King out early.

I pre-ordered online just in case, cause some BB employees were telling me its online only, which makes absolutely no sense

Has anyone picked it up yet.

I have been told that this will be out on shelves on 9/18, but I know some stores don't keep to that and had Lion King out early.

I pre-ordered online just in case, cause some BB employees were telling me its online only, which makes absolutely no sense

Has anyone picked it up yet.

I haven't seen anyone post pictures yet. After it got put out early last time, it might be that stores got a memo to not do that again. :naughty:

I haven't seen anyone post pictures yet. After it got put out early last time, it might be that stores got a memo to not do that again. :naughty:

At one point the best buy pre-order for this had a picture of Fast Five steelbook which I found very funny

I can confirm that this will be in stock very, very soon as all stores have shipments incoming. Some stores I've heard will get as little as 3 copies, while others will get up to 50!

By very soon...could that mean today? ;)

That would be nice. It would save me a second trip on Sunday as I have to go to my BB tonight to get the Star Wars trilogy which has finally rleased.

At least I will get to pick up the actual movie the day before cause my BB is doing a midnight release for the new Batman game and they said as long as I am in the store I can buy the pirates movie. :oohyeah:

Pre-ordered this. Figured I'd give one of these new "Blu-ray Collectible Metal Box" thingies a closer look. I like the spine better than the metal pak & we'll see what quality this is made of. I must say that the artwork is very clean & that's what attracts me to it over the HMV & NL Steelbooks of this title.

To those that say "SB or nothing": Whether you buy this or not, you should just like the competition because that's what forces companies to improve their product.

Pre-ordered this. Figured I'd give one of these new "Blu-ray Collectible Metal Box" thingies a closer look. I like the spine better than the metal pak & we'll see what quality this is made of. I must say that the artwork is very clean & that's what attracts me to it over the HMV & NL Steelbooks of this title.

To those that say "SB or nothing": Whether you buy this or not, you should just like the competition because that's what forces companies to improve their product.

The Lion King one is not that bad. Also having the first three BB steelbooks of the Pirates movies I think most people will get this even if it is a vivo metal case just to keep up appearences. At least they did something for it as opposed to skipping it all together. And I agree somethin is still a lot better than nothing.

Its odd the widescreen DVD at best-buy has a release of 11/15 (my birthday), while the other versions still say 10/18. Hope they don't delay the release date. :ohno:

I agree that competition is good and I do appreciate a premium case, but when another company infringes on the patents of the steelbook design, that's when it goes horribly wrong.

You may not know that Viva tried another type of metal case many years ago, and it was pulled because it violated Steelbook patents. ;)

This is just round 2...and it doesn't look good for BDMO and Ironpack, either.

I agree that competition is good and I do appreciate a premium case, but when another company infringes on the patents of the steelbook design, that's when it goes horribly wrong.

You may not know that Viva tried another type of metal case many years ago, and it was pulled because it violated Steelbook patents. ;)

This is just round 2...and it doesn't look good for BDMO and Ironpack, either.

I didn't realize they stole the design, which is bad. I do see a lot of the similarities, but then how many options are there when making a g2 blu-ray case.

when is the release instore and online?

I've been hearing different things. You should check the stores either tomorrow or tuesday. BB online will only ship it on the 18th.

Hmmm? :dunno: Went to my BB today and they did not have this available. Did anyone have any luck with this?

At least I have my pre-order