Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Best Buy) [USA]

RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Pirates 4 Collectible Case Pre-Sell on BestBuy.com

SKU: 3147046

M2191750.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/DVD/3147046.p?id=2258027&skuId=3147046&st=3147046&lp=1&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hosting another group buy for international members - but I would expect the demand for this to be low given that there is a steelbook alternative.

not a peep and my pre-order is still not showing any activity, I chose the ship the pre-sell option

I went into BB today, the clerk was very friendly and said he was not aware of a metalcase coming in. I told him I pre ordered online. He said he would chec his computer. There was no listing on the BB site anymore for the item. I logged on to my account to show him I ordered it. He suggested I call BB. I did they state it will be released the same day as the BD. I said makes no sense, why not just have them packed together instead of a pre sell. She said she would escalte my issue and somebody would be contacting me within 3 days. She did say that my BB had a whopping 5 on order. I guess Lion King did not fair so well as they still had about 16 copies left.

Ricker, I am sorry to hear you had a hassle:(

In reference to the "separate vs. packaged together" comment, definitely can be annoying.

In some cases, the pre-sell cases are often manufactured and shipped/stored in and from other locations, than the disc. In addition, the "pre-sell" often gets you into the store 2x (if in fact you order the case, pick it up and also ordered the movie, which needs to be picked up around release day). It's somewhat of a "gimmick", but helps brick and mortar retailers, in the face of online competition. A high percentage of shoppers buy something else when they visit the store, so it's a win for the retailer.

Good luck getting your order!:)

DB

As with THE LION KING, I pre-ordered it on line because they didn't have it at my BB & the following week the store got them in. So be patient. Most likely they will show up.

this looks awesome!!!! i dont know if i should buy this too?? i already have the uk steelbook still sealed, but this case look awesome with the raised lettering and skull. i dont know what to do???

this looks awesome!!!! i dont know if i should buy this too?? i already have the uk steelbook still sealed, but this case look awesome with the raised lettering and skull. i dont know what to do???

I say go for it man. It's only 7.50, where else are you gonna get a deal like that?

I have the steelbook as well but I'm glad a friend is helping me with this and now that I've seen the pics I'm starting to like it even more than the steelbook itself...Embossing and back side artwork :scat:

Picked up two of these today (one for me and one for a trade). They weren't as many as The Lion King case, but were not exactly in short supply.