Rambo: First Blood (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Editions) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: October 17, 2022
Purchase links: SteelBook Only - Slipcase Edition - Collector's Box Set Edition (Pre-order on June 9, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £25.99 (Steelbook only) - £59.99 (Slipcase Edition) - £99.99 (Collector's Box Set Edition)
Notes: Artwork and packaging design from EverythingBlu team - Each edition limited to 1000

522708-863af2dfe91620c30c86f7bf735877fa.jpg FB (Slipcase_Edition).jpg FB (CE_BoxSet).jpg

20220524_152357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I wanted all the other stuff. But the steelbook should be the centre piece of all that extra stuff and £100 for a flat matte steelbook is anything but premium.
Yeah, they probably should've done a better finish on the steelbook, rather than creating a secondary, useless box, with extremely pointless hunting lodge flyers... who even remembers or cares about that?
So a proper £60 variant with embossed steel would've better supported their premium reputation.

Would still have been overpriced even if it were gloss IMO.
I'd be happy to pick up the standard steelbook but not the overpriced box sets. That's why I'm liking the look of the new Warner non -steel sets coming out in December. That's a 4k range I could see becoming very popular like the HMV premium collection. And let's be honest how many people on this forum are becoming fed up with so called "premium steelbooks" that leave a lot of to desired in both design and execution?

I'd be happy to pick up the standard steelbook but not the overpriced box sets. That's why I'm liking the look of the new Warner non -steel sets coming out in December. That's a 4k range I could see becoming very popular like the HMV premium collection. And let's be honest how many people on this forum are becoming fed up with so called "premium steelbooks" that leave a lot of to desired in both design and execution?
Yeah, sorry... I was mainly referring to the sets. The standalone steel is fairly priced tbh (compared to what other 4K+2D steels usually go for anyway).

TheFilmVault editions have really great on me over the last few days and I agree they make a nice change. Again though, it's the prices that put me off.

Reactions: Lollard2002
Again though, it's the prices that put me off.
I remember walking into Virgin in '96, seeing rows and rows of Star Trek VHS. 2 episodes a tape. £15.99 each. Voyager, my favorite, was at the front.
I've counted that I'd need to pay over 200 for a season, or £1,455 for the whole series of just The Next Generation, and thought I'll need to be rich in the future!
Now you can buy it all for the price of 3 tapes, which would have only 3 episodes.
Movies on Super 8 cost $200, and that was a heavy set of 4 reels. Or CAV laserdiscs, 2 or 3 per movie for a price of over $100.
That's $700 to $200 per movie in today's dollars from the 70's and 90's.
We're having it easy, cheap, and in way better quality now.

After finding out it is delayed again although where are people getting this info? But as the steelbook is ******* flat matte I think I have come to the decision they can shove it up their dick hole. Like I don't hate matte steels, but for a £100 set I want a premium looking and feeling steelbook and honestly with how the outer box looks bowed (at least the one they used in the unboxing) and the steelbook finish being bad. I think I'm gonna cancel this, it doesn't seem worth it and I really don't wanna wait until December. **** I can buy the Captain Marvel WeEt steelbook on ebay for 80 quid ffs.

Dude, this is Zavvi you’re talking about. Never expect nice steelbooks from them — those days are long gone, and everyone now knows what to expect. They’re not worth moaning about.

Dude, this is Zavvi you’re talking about. Never expect nice steelbooks from them — those days are long gone, and everyone now knows what to expect. They’re not worth moaning about.
No sorry, for £100 I expect premium. In a collectors steelbook set the Steelbook should always, always be the centrepiece.

This is NOT premium retailer and on top of all it's one which is not focused on movies but all kind of stuff. So it's pretty much expected what they did.

True but this release is supposed to be premium, the first release for Zavvi from the everythingblu people...and definately should be at £100 and £60.
Exactly, they bought up the everythingblu team and have been promoting the **** out of this as being premium, premium outer box, premium slip, loads of goodies, and a ****** flat matte steel. I mean they ****** up the one thing that was supposed to be the best part... And and and. I have asked them several times on their social media before people got their standard one, what finish the steelbook had with never a single response. And if the collectors set ends up coming now with a full gloss debossed steelbook after I cancel mine now I am going to ******* murder someone.

Exactly, they bought up the everythingblu team and have been promoting the **** out of this as being premium, premium outer box, premium slip, loads of goodies, and a ****** flat matte steel. I mean they ****** up the one thing that was supposed to be the best part... And and and. I have asked them several times on their social media before people got their standard one, what finish the steelbook had with never a single response. And if the collectors set ends up coming now with a full gloss debossed steelbook after I cancel mine now I am going to ******* murder someone.
Will you ever have a post without having ******* **** stars in it.....?

JinxyKatte? More like potty mouth Kat!

I agree. It should be, but with Zavvi it never is.
Maybe it works out better for me. Although ai probably should have diverted the £100 to something like the Godfather steelbooks which I can't afford atm, I instead ordered a WeEt Captain Marvel cos I don't have any WeEt and I want one dammit lol.

Reactions: al i an