Rambo: First Blood (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Editions) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: October 17, 2022
Purchase links: SteelBook Only - Slipcase Edition - Collector's Box Set Edition (Pre-order on June 9, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £25.99 (Steelbook only) - £59.99 (Slipcase Edition) - £99.99 (Collector's Box Set Edition)
Notes: Artwork and packaging design from EverythingBlu team - Each edition limited to 1000

522708-863af2dfe91620c30c86f7bf735877fa.jpg FB (Slipcase_Edition).jpg FB (CE_BoxSet).jpg

20220524_152357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess so..I contacted them via live chat earlier and they pretty much confirmed the collector’s edition is delayed. Their words “the supplier has decided to push back the release date. This is out of our control I’m afraid..”

Is there a delay on the slipcase and box set editions again?
There's no release date for either of these on Zavvi at the moment,just a buy now for the steelbook minus the trimmings.
Scuttlebutt is saying December although where this info came from I am not sure. But I have cancelled mine due to the none premium nature of the Steelbook. What my current concern is now is why it has been delayed when Zavvi have been promoting them so hard. I have this horrible feeling they are going to put premium full gloss steels in them now and I will **** a brick if they do cos mine is cancelled now. I have asked Zavvi repeatedly for clarification of the steelbook finish since they posted their "unboxing" on youtube to get 0 replies.

I actually go out of my way to not swear on YouTube or Instagram though as I am actively trying to build my following there. So I keep them clean lol.

Tip for YouTube

1. Don’t show your face
2. Don’t talk

I can’t find anything more annoying than when a video of an unboxing starts with the person in full view of the camera and starts acting all animated like that’s what I’m here for. I haven’t come here to see some twizzle bearded idiot that’s still listening to Blink 182’s most commercial album like it came out a week ago with a beanie hat on banging on about how great zavvi are

And the ones that talk usually get some kind of info wrong even though they’ve collected for years

The best ones are just good unboxings with a decent camera, show off the finish properly and the other bits if it comes with other stuff. And I scroll through most of them to see the bits I wana see. If there’s talking it’s muted. Blu Ray archive is the one doing it right at the moment

Is there a delay on the slipcase and box set editions again?
There's no release date for either of these on Zavvi at the moment,just a buy now for the steelbook minus the trimmings.
Well I ordered the bog standard steelbook not the fancy set and they took the money out this morning but no dispatch notice yet...

Tip for YouTube

1. Don’t show your face
2. Don’t talk

I can’t find anything more annoying than when a video of an unboxing starts with the person in full view of the camera and starts acting all animated like that’s what I’m here for. I haven’t come here to see some twizzle bearded idiot that’s still listening to Blink 182’s most commercial album like it came out a week ago with a beanie hat on banging on about how great zavvi are

And the ones that talk usually get some kind of info wrong even though they’ve collected for years

The best ones are just good unboxings with a decent camera, show off the finish properly and the other bits if it comes with other stuff. And I scroll through most of them to see the bits I wana see. If there’s talking it’s muted. Blu Ray archive is the one doing it right at the moment
I'm still gonna talk lol. But I do try to fact check as much as I can and if there is anything I am unsure about I usually look it up while editing and caption it in.

Tip for YouTube

1. Don’t show your face
2. Don’t talk

Although I totally agree with the bit about showing face. If I am making videos that are primarily about physical items, my main focus is to show that item.

I'm still gonna talk lol. But I do try to fact check as much as I can and if there is anything I am unsure about I usually look it up while editing and caption it in.
I meant more about the finish of steels/ slips/ etc etc

A lot still call embossing debossing or gloss matte lol

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Oh in that case I think I'm good lol.
Yeah I wasn’t saying you specifically look like a twizzle beard in a beanie hat with bowling for soup playing on the tape deck behind you or that you get anything wrong. I think I’ve only seen 1 or 2 of your vids but I meant in general. There’s a German guy, an American guy and an English guy that springs to mind about the videos being more about them than the item in question (think the English guy might work for zavvi or he gets stuff sent to him but I’m sick of seeing him in 80% of the video - just show me the item) and there’s a welsh guy who I actually like his videos because of his voice (I know that goes against the second rule of mine but he’s the exception because his accent is soothing and voice gives me ASMR LOL) but he always gets things wrong like finishes etc

Yeah I wasn’t saying you specifically look like a twizzle beard in a beanie hat with bowling for soup playing on the tape deck behind you or that you get anything wrong. I think I’ve only seen 1 or 2 of your vids but I meant in general. There’s a German guy, an American guy and an English guy that springs to mind about the videos being more about them than the item in question (think the English guy might work for zavvi or he gets stuff sent to him but I’m sick of seeing him in 80% of the video - just show me the item) and there’s a welsh guy who I actually like his videos because of his voice (I know that goes against the second rule of mine but he’s the exception because his accent is soothing and voice gives me ASMR LOL) but he always gets things wrong like finishes etc
I know the Welsh guy you speak of and yeah he has a very similar format to me lol. I swear I didn't copy him either. I kinda copied Ashen lol.

A question for you though. If I started putting up like a key info text box at the start of the video what would you want to know? Like finish obviously, embossed or debossed. Anything else?

I know the Welsh guy you speak of and yeah he has a very similar format to me lol. I swear I didn't copy him either. I kinda copied Ashen lol.

A question for you though. If I started putting up like a key info text box at the start of the video what would you want to know? Like finish obviously, embossed or debossed. Anything else?
Hmmm tbh, if it’s just a steelbook, the finish and any bossing. Just some nice shots of it in the light where it shows of the finish. I know it’s different but that’s what I attempt in my photos.

If it’s a premium or slipped version then the same but also with the slip, lenti, and then the items it comes with.

If it’s a non steel collectors edition then the same tbh.

I prefer it when they show the j card for about 5/10 seconds because you can pause it and read it. But then some people might like to hear it.

Do what you want man, I’m the wrong person to ask because I just skim/ scrub through videos now to get to the bits I wana see. My initial message was more a funny dig at the people who do the stuff that annoys me lol.

And I’m currently 2 years, 3 months and 2 weeks sober of IG so again I’m the wrong person to ask but at the time, and what I started doing with my collectors IG handle was pretty much the same as the photos I post here but the last slide was always a video of the steel finish and then slip or lenti if it came with one.

Just do you, if your getting followers and that’s what you want then it’s working for you. I got sick of influencers and that world which is why I stopped doing what I was doing

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Hmmm tbh, if it’s just a steelbook, the finish and any bossing. Just some nice shots of it in the light where it shows of the finish. I know it’s different but that’s what I attempt in my photos.

If it’s a premium or slipped version then the same but also with the slip, lenti, and then the items it comes with.

If it’s a non steel collectors edition then the same tbh.

I prefer it when they show the j card for about 5/10 seconds because you can pause it and read it. But then some people might like to hear it.

Do what you want man, I’m the wrong person to ask because I just skim/ scrub through videos now to get to the bits I wana see. My initial message was more a funny dig at the people who do the stuff that annoys me lol.

And I’m currently 2 years, 3 months and 2 weeks sober of IG so again I’m the wrong person to ask but at the time, and what I started doing with my collectors IG handle was pretty much the same as the photos I post here but the last slide was always a video of the steel finish and then slip or lenti if it came with one.

Just do you, if your getting followers and that’s what you want then it’s working for you. I got sick of influencers and that world which is why I stopped doing what I was doing
I know your initial comment was just a humorous thing lol. But I am constantly looking to improve my videos. I don't ever think I will be like youtube famous neither do I want to be. But it would be nice if I got a decent following. So I definitely wanna just pick people's brains lol. You should totally watch my videos lol. And don't forget to like and subscribe hahahaha.

:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
Tip for YouTube

1. Don’t show your face
2. Don’t talk

Are you taking notes @paulboland ? :naughty:

I have a horrible feeling they will be shipping the full slips and collectors sets with a different finish steel. Why did they get delayed again all of a sudden?

They won't change the finish of the steelbook. Zavvi has a long history of their steelbooks with exclusive slips, booklets and other toys being delayed by the manufacturers when the steelbook version by itself is shipped on time. It happened all the time with Zavvi's exclusive Marvel titles when they included a box and other stuff. Captain Marvel and one of the Spider-Man releases come to mind. There were others.

Reactions: tanokike
I have a horrible feeling they will be shipping the full slips and collectors sets with a different finish steel. Why did they get delayed again all of a sudden?
Either they've decided to put in new discs with new extras, or someone 'couldn't' provide one of the items in time.
This is why Asians will take over the world. The whole European production is useless, and can't handle even such measly manufacturing orders, as those needed for this set.

Actually to have anything look embossed, its whole surface is first debossed, with parts that you think are embossed just left at the same level.
I know but you know what I mean. In steelbook terms it’s embossing. Feels weird saying the whole steelbook is debossed except the title

Either they've decided to put in new discs with new extras, or someone 'couldn't' provide one of the items in time.
This is why Asians will take over the world. The whole European production is useless, and can't handle even such measly manufacturing orders, as those needed for this set.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Lenny Nero